soccerkid6

Book III - Mitgardia: Guild sign-up and Discussion

Not exactly a free build, but I certainly drew on my Mitgardian background while designing this new set :grin:

21343-1.jpg?311415

And you'll notice one of the new shields has a very familiar color scheme :wub:

3 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Not exactly a free build, but I certainly drew on my Mitgardian background while designing this new set :grin:

21343-1.jpg?311415

I just read on an early review that you were one of the set designers. You did a fantastic job! There is so much love for Mitgardia in the build. Thank you, thank you for keeping the world alive in such an amazing way!

22 hours ago, soccerkid6 said:

Not exactly a free build,

You should definitely post this on the free build thread!  Great job!  I cannot wait to pick up this set and explore all the details.  I look forward to the full GoH (un)official line of sets from Lego.

On 9/6/2023 at 9:47 AM, soccerkid6 said:

That is amazing! :wub:  I LOVE that you designed the Viking set and am super proud of you and that a Guildie designed it!  Kudos to you!  I think you should totally get a free build for it, and that you should also get a front page for it!  And super awesome that you put the Mitgardian shield on it!  I will be buying 2 copies because it is so awesome!  :excited:

On 9/6/2023 at 4:47 PM, soccerkid6 said:

I just received my order for this set...and that's exactly what I thought when I picked this shield! :grin_wub: It's definitely an awesome set, thank you so much and congrats for having designed it!

On 9/6/2023 at 8:47 AM, soccerkid6 said:

I certainly drew on my Mitgardian background while designing this new set :grin:

I just received this set for a birthday, and now I'm that much more excited to put it together.  I might have to pick up a second copy so I can moc with all of those excellent Mitgardian detail bricks...

Congratulations on another awesome official set.  You're living the dream!

I'm about half-way through building the Viking set. @soccerkid6 what a fantastic job you've done with designing it! I've got a question for everyone who's bought and built the set. Have you noticed "sprue" marks or injection mold spots on your pieces? I don't know what else to call them. They are clear signs of removal from the production process. I've seen them on parts before, but in this set every single piece has them and they are very obvious. Far more than I've ever seen before. Is that a fluke, or is it a symptom of a new process Lego is using?

1000011064.thumb.jpg.1e7272d3d6bf9c12df6c0bcab7106e72.jpg

1000011065.thumb.jpg.3b49d1ef4ff42d695175b43940aa56b5.jpg

10 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

I'm about half-way through building the Viking set. @soccerkid6 what a fantastic job you've done with designing it! I've got a question for everyone who's bought and built the set. Have you noticed "sprue" marks or injection mold spots on your pieces? I don't know what else to call them. They are clear signs of removal from the production process. I've seen them on parts before, but in this set every single piece has them and they are very obvious. Far more than I've ever seen before. Is that a fluke, or is it a symptom of a new process Lego is using?

I don't have this set specifically (yet), but lots of new pieces I get have those sprue marks - or worse. It's really sad to see, honestly.

Some pieces are so bad that they almost become unusable. The marks can portrude so much that other pieces wont fit next to them properly.

Edited by Frike

I've also found a lot of these marks. It might be anecdotal - it's possible the colour scheme here with all the browns is making them more visible than usual, but it sure seems like more than I've seen any time recently.

0?ui=2&ik=11bcbb20c1&attid=0.1&permmsgid

Titles and profession - Mayor and Commander

Back story - Growing up in a small town, Hader became a commander of the militia. Soon he had built his way up to mayor. He now builds up his defenses incase the Algus attack. In town, he has begun work on a town hall.

Home town - Bonder

Parts - Mandolorion torso, Black legs, sword, head, and a Black Falcon Helmet.

On 11/16/2023 at 3:01 PM, LegoMiner said:

0?ui=2&ik=11bcbb20c1&attid=0.1&permmsgid

Titles and profession - Mayor and Commander

Back story - Growing up in a small town, Hader became a commander of the militia. Soon he had built his way up to mayor. He now builds up his defenses incase the Algus attack. In town, he has begun work on a town hall.

Home town - Bonder

Parts - Mandolorion torso, Black legs, sword, head, and a Black Falcon Helmet.

Welcome to the North!

On 11/16/2023 at 4:38 PM, LegoMiner said:

If I wanted to build a moc with Algus what minyfig would I use?

There was a challenge based around the Algus some years ago, and you can find lots of inspiration for the minifigures by looking through the entries to that.
Here is that Frozen Beyond challenge topic, and all the entries are linked to in that discussion.

So, after many hesitations/questions I finally decided to join.

fymm.jpg

Here comes the Laeknir Thaum Guðisson, great clairvoyant medium of the northern wilderness, his men at arms and bodyguard Callaghan Heimskurson, and a young forester Iauln Odauðlegurson, the laeknir took in as an orphan about fifteen years ago.

All three proud Mitagardians !

Wow what a cool first build! I love your sigfig, very nice combinations. That pipe is new for me… where is this part from?

welcome to the best guild ;-)

12 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

<snip>

Here comes the Laeknir Thaum Guðisson, great clairvoyant medium of the northern wilderness, his men at arms and bodyguard Callaghan Heimskurson, and a young forester Iauln Odauðlegurson, the laeknir took in as an orphan about fifteen years ago.

:rofl: :laugh_hard: And so, the great Laeknir has made it here at last!  Something about this band looks just a little familiar :iamded_lol:  Welcome to the best guild of them all, Professor (at least, the best before Varlyrio was a thing :tongue:)  Can't wait to see what adventures your merry band finds heading their way! :excited:

On 11/27/2023 at 4:49 PM, Professor Thaum said:

Welcome! Glad to have you join us in the north and can't wait to see what lies in store for Thaum and his companions :dsweet: