Sign in to follow this  
Flatfoot Thompsen

Favorite Marvel Hero

Ahhh, interesting thread! :-D

I can't mention a particular favourite hero since there are several guys I really like.

First of all, Tony Stark. Since Civil War I am not that sure about him anymore, he is behaving kinda strange, but overall I really like that guy (I loved him in the Extremis story line illustrated by Adi Garnov *wub* )

Next, Wolverine, a true classic. Anyway, depending on the author there are some storylines I like him more than at others...

And then I developed some interest in Deadpool, he is a freak, but a funny one. :-D I have to get more stuff featuring him, so far I only have read his CW related comics...

Well, I could also name some other cool heros in the MU, which are among my general favourites: Spidey, the Young Avengers as a team and Miss Marvel because of her costume ;-) *wub*

Good topic!

Spider-man was always a classic for me, and when I got into the comics I discovered Venom. He became my new favourite, what with being so kick-megablocks and all. :-P Venom-Punisher was also pretty neat. But my truly favourite, after having bought an action figure that came with a single of his comic books, is Deadpool. :-D He rocks. And he's a playable character on Marvel Ultimate Alliance. But let's not go too off topic. ;-)

Breaking the Fourth Wall ON! :-D

EDIT:

And then I developed some interest in Deadpool, he is a freak, but a funny one. :-D I have to get more stuff featuring him, so far I only have read his CW related comics...

Somebody else knows about Deadpool! :'-)

~Peace

Edited by iamded

Batman! No wait, Marvel? Awwwww....

I never really liked Spidey for his awful one liners ("Your the one who's out Gobby, out of your MIND!" anyone?), I'd probably go with the Hulk and Iron Man. Iron Man because of that awesome suit, and because I love heroes who don't have actual powers, and Hulk because....I actually don't know, he's a good character though, I just like him.

To the Batbrick Cave! >:-)

I never really liked Spidey for his awful one liners ("Your the one who's out Gobby, out of your MIND!" anyone?)

Yeah, and Batman's movie lines are soooo better, right? (I'm Batman!) They all have bad lines. I love Batman too, but, come on.

Edited by Greyfox327

Yeah, and Batman's movie lines are soooo better, right? (I'm Batman!) They all have bad lines. I love Batman too, but, come on.

Well, the Batman I refer to is comic book Batman, I only refer to a movie Spiderman line because it came to mind first. I hardly see how "I'm Batman" is even in the same league of cornyness, but hey, I guess an introduction is soooooo corny isn't it? I love Spidey, but he has bad lines, come on.

Just one word: Wolverine.

(I think I do not need to explain it: he's the perfect anti-hero, and I love his personality. And the regenarating factor, and the CLAWS... [Hey, I just explained it :-| ]).

LuxorV

My fave is defintely "Spiderman" Hehe, i am a huge fan of Spiderman. But i missed the entire series of Spiderman LEGO :'-( I love the cartoon when i am still a child. Glad, that there is a Spiderman movie, 1 2 3. Hehe *sweet*

(I think I do not need to explain it: he's the perfect anti-hero, and I love his personality. And the regenarating factor, and the CLAWS... [Hey, I just explained it :-| ]).

LuxorV

I couldn't agree more, I loved him in those animated series (can't remember the official name, unless it was just "X-men" or something )

And in the movies he's great too, Hugh Jackman really plays his part perfect, I can't wait for the 'Woverine's origin' movie :'-)

What about villains? Favorite marvel villain: I'd say either Magneto or Fin Fang Foom. For heroes, I'd say Iceman. I'm a big X-men fan.

Well, the Batman I refer to is comic book Batman, I only refer to a movie Spiderman line because it came to mind first. I hardly see how "I'm Batman" is even in the same league of cornyness, but hey, I guess an introduction is soooooo corny isn't it? I love Spidey, but he has bad lines, come on.

I thought you were one of the people who only watches the movies. (On another website about superheroes some people never read comics.) I think Batman's one of the coolest heroes, but the movies before Batman Begins weren't that good. He had some bad lines in those too. I'm sorry, I misunderstood. PM me if you want to continue this conversation.

Really interesting thread!

Well, I think my favourite marvel hero is Blade. He's not a typical hero in some way. He has to control his thirst for blood - quite a challenging weakness - and he is often in very bad mood. But I love his martial arts moves! He's an interesting character. Not because he is half human and half vampire. He isn't mainly an outsider because of what he is. He isolates himself since he's pretty much unable to make friends. His communication skills are very bad, and normally they are essential to make friends. But maybe he cannot make friends well because he is afraid of manoevring people in dangerous situations through their friendship.

Mmmmh... That would be Ultimate Spider-man, to me... though I kinda like Ultimate Iron man too...

(ouuuuh, first post with the new board... feels like riding in a limo :-D smooth ride but keep looking for things in the many compartments)

Why, spiderman of course! Who can't love the classic web slinging, wall crawling teen geek-turned-superhero? ;-)

Speaking of which, the new animated series they're showing on WB really rocks. Spectacular Spiderman had a lot better series premiere than The Batman, and they're introducing so many classic characters without going overboard that I can't help but love it. *sweet*

Well I've always liked Spider-man, but lately I've been getting interested in Deadpool and I've been trying to score some of his comics.

X-men are also rather cool. And Iron-man. Ooh and Blade. Daredevil to an extent.

Yeah, that's about it.

I love Spidey, but he has bad lines, come on.

I wouldn't say that! Maybe so in the movies, but in the comics he's actually funny, quite hilarious in fact. But it all really depends on what source you know him from. Ultimate Spiderman's my favourite.

LuxorV

I dunno, The Punisher and Deadpool make pretty good anti-heroes too. X-D

~Peace

I wouldn't say that! Maybe so in the movies, but in the comics he's actually funny, quite hilarious in fact. But it all really depends on what source you know him from. Ultimate Spiderman's my favourite.

Good point actually, though some versions stink, but then again some do for Bats as well. I guess I like dryer humour more.

Daredevil, even before Bendis did his run on the series. And Captain America, before they killed him.

I used to be a big fan of Wolverine, but he has fallen out of favor...probably because they keep altering the character. That, and he was totally over exposed.

But, I have to say that right now, I'm more into DC than Marvel.

I dunno, The Punisher and Deadpool make pretty good anti-heroes too. X-D

~Peace

Yes, but they work alone, or pretty much that.

Wolvie is a member of a team (a quite large one), and often saves the day. But he refuses to be heroified; unless it's Jean to extol his efforts, that is ;-) .

LuxorV

I'm definitely more of a DC guy than a Marvel guy, but I'll still read Marvel. I'm just more likely to be able to name the 12 main types of Kryptonite, is all.

I do quite like the FF though. Especially Reed. Not really sure why, I just do.

I quite liked Iron Man, but after Civil War, like Apo, I'm not so sure. I'd actually quite like to read some Deadpool as well, just to see the metafictional awareness.

I'd actually quite like to read some Deadpool as well, just to see the metafictional awareness.

Wikipedia has some examples, here, here and here.

Image:Deadpool11.jpg

Image:DeadpoolBullseye.jpg

Image:DeadpoolYellowBoxes.jpg

I used to be a big fan of Wolverine, but he has fallen out of favor...probably because they keep altering the character. That, and he was totally over exposed.

Well then you're gonna love the new Wolverine movie coming out. ;-)

~Peace

Edited by iamded