Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Looks like that promo is going to be a micro scale battle of NY based on that pic.  If it’s like the DA promo I can’t imagine a unique fig that makes sense in the context of the original battle, wonder how different the fight ends up in EG. 

4 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Looks like that promo is going to be a micro scale battle of NY based on that pic.  If it’s like the DA promo I can’t imagine a unique fig that makes sense in the context of the original battle, wonder how different the fight ends up in EG. 

Possibly Ronin? Hawkeye might appear in the time travel or ronin might be there in new outfit?

Edited by legosamsonite

1 hour ago, legosamsonite said:

Possibly Ronin? Hawkeye might appear in the time travel or ronin might be there in new outfit?

Honestly that’s my guess too if I’m hopeful but I’d rather temper my expectations here. Don’t need an updated Chitauri general showing up :laugh:

3 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Captain Marvel isn’t really getting mixed reactions, not that it matters. Bad movies can make a ton of money (Venom), and if lots of people see the movie they’re usually more inclined to buy merchandise from it. Captain Marvel is on track to be yet another extremely high grossing MCU movie. I definitely think Captain Marvel should’ve gotten the Black Panther treatment with one $20 set and one $30 set. 

It really is though, check multiple sources and watch YT videos. They aren't long as some have implied, all I'm saying is to look at these reviews (positive or negative) with your own objective sunglasses. I just came back from the movie and loved it. I would loved to have seen 1 more set based on what I saw 

2 hours ago, Aegis2000 said:

Saw Captain Marvel a second time. I enjoyed it even more this time, and I really wish we’d gotten some kind of Kree vs Skrulls battle pack (or $20 set along those lines).

I absolutely agree that'd be perfect for a battle pack.

9 hours ago, TOTDForever said:

Look the critics I watch and trust have given the movie mixed reviews and have objectively reviewed it. If you saw my previous comment I said I was still excited to see this movie, also I hate how rotten tomatoes is the do-all-say-all when it comes to people's opinions on movies. 

I base my opinion only on my experience. I think the movie was great, like 7.8/10. Rotten Tomatoes is a site that collects all the real critics review from around a world and makes a score based on those reviews. That's why it's the most reliable one. But saying that it has mixed reviews only because some random and not well known Youtubers said that it's not a good movie is not a source all the people could rely on. Also, what's the difference between relying on most famous critics site and relying on bunch of Youtube critics?

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Also, what's the difference between relying on most famous critics site and relying on bunch of Youtube critics?

Depends on which Youtube film critics we’re talking about, Chris Stuckmann fir instance is a Youtube critic who’s also on RT :wink:

RT is a good indication of what critics thought of a film, but RT scores all by themselves can be a bit misleading. First off, the average score (translated from a critic’s individual scoring system to a value between 1 and 10) can be lower than the percentage. If 80% of critics gave a film 7/10 and 20% below that, it’d still result in a RT score of at least 80%.

Secondly, the above-mentioned translation can be flawed since depending on the critic, their own system (5-stars, school grades or whatever) isn’t equivalent to that of other critics. For one critic, a 6/10 is “rotten” and for the other it’s still “fresh” :classic:

Overall, it’s a useful overview, but it can’t hurt to look closer (e.g by focusing on selected critics). In the end, the only thing that counts though is your own opinion :thumbup:

I'd suspect that 40334 is a Diagon Alley style representation of New York, as seen in Avengers - probably throwing in a random appearance of Rescue to help convince people to get it.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I base my opinion only on my experience. I think the movie was great, like 7.8/10. Rotten Tomatoes is a site that collects all the real critics review from around a world and makes a score based on those reviews. That's why it's the most reliable one. But saying that it has mixed reviews only because some random and not well known Youtubers said that it's not a good movie is not a source all the people could rely on. Also, what's the difference between relying on most famous critics site and relying on bunch of Youtube critics?

Not well known? They are pretty well known. Rotten Tomatoes has skewed data. You can't deny that there is a decent amount of people who are saying this film is lackluster, and if you have problems finding reviews depicting opinions such as that then I don't know what to tell you, maybe go in with more objectivity. Again for the 3rd time, I really liked this movie. I'm just saying that factually the reviews I have seen are pretty mixed, I'd be lying if I said everyone loved this movie and it was leaning towards the positive side with reviewers

Edited by TOTDForever

Okay so, 40334: Avengers Tower minifigure included is Tony Stark/ Iron man

Transforming Tony Stark, I'm verifying which armor is included.

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

OF COURSE, because another Iron Man is just what this wave needed. Thanks for the info though!

It has a new printing for torso, no printing for legs and arms.

Just now, Wonkyeye1 said:

OF COURSE, because another Iron Man is just what this wave needed. Thanks for the info though!

I dunno if you're being sarcastic or what, but you are welcome. 

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

I dunno if you're being sarcastic or what, but you are welcome. 

Not at all, sorry if it seemed like that. I appreciate you letting us know, even if it is disappointing 

13 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

It seems as if Marvel is visiting the past movies for LEGO sets because the set has the Marvel Studios 10 Years logo on it so maybe in the future we could be seeing more sets based on past movies.If anything they should have made a surprise Endgame sets but we have the Transforming Tony Stark so this could be a teaser of LEGO making sets or figures based on The First 10 Years or even the rumoured LEGO Marvel's Avengers 2 that's being planned.

Just now, legosamsonite said:

Just saw the set on Instagram. I like it and all, and the Iron Man looks great, but... goodbye hopes of Ronin or Rescue 

Where is it? I can't find it. 

I like the set a lot but I’m disappointed in the figure. I’m a big Iron Man fan but this is kinda ridiculous. Of course the figure makes sense with the set, but I just wish Lego had given us some of the missing characters. If other toy companies could make Ronin and Rescue, why couldn’t Lego? And where’s the blue and gold helmet from now? 

I actually really like the build, and while Ronin or Rescue would have been great, none of them really fit in this set - the transforming Iron Man is a unique enough exclusive that people won't feel too bad about missing if they pass the window for this GWP, but just exclusive enough to make it desirable to hard core collectors. Let's just hope Ronin, Rescue, Rocket's new suit, and War Machine's new suit will be released via some other means in the future...

I really like the build. Sadly a bit too big to fit into the New York architecture skyline, but it’s really nice nonetheless. The SHIELD style Quinjet doesn’t make sense though, needs to be the avengers one

Edited by Whovastron

I love that promo! An architecture-style Avengers Tower! Not only is the build great for display just about anywhere, but that Iron Man Minifigure looks so cool! I love how it’s captured the look of him in mid-transformation, it looks great!

We did get a D2C legacy set for Infinity War (the Ultron Edition Hulkbuster). Although we haven’t heard about it, an Avengers Tower for the 10 Years trend would be so cool! We only knew about 76105 because the dome leaked. We didn’t see the box and set until a month out. If it were to release at the same time as the Far From Home sets, which we have yet to see and are only just beginnngin to peak minifigures, is it possible the “coming soon” is referring to a D2C in the works? The promo could coincide with it specifically, rather than just the release of Endgame. 

And yes, I know that there is a D2C list and there’s no mention of a Marvel one on it.