Anonknee Muss

Marvel Superheroes 2019 - Rumours, Speculation & Discussion

Just now, Brick Cucumber said:

That Mk 85 looks absolutely terrible. It looks like they just put gold arms on the Mk 50. I'm really dissapointed with that.

Wait are you talking about the fig or what?

11 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

The fig just leaked on Instagram.

Are you sure it is a new leak, because there's been a custom floating around that was literally the mark 50 with gold arms

It's new. White edges in the torso, lining on the chest also a new leg print. 

It works, I can only judge them when  I see the official images but by the looks of it with the leaked promotional art, it is accurate.

TLG can be very "lazy" at this by reusing the same exact design for mk 50 but they didn't so I'm happy about it.

PS. Toldya it's coming. 

The Mk 85 actually looks quite good IMO. It's a slight upgrade on the IW armour, but the colours are clearly based on the classic comics, with the gold arms and legs. Since this movie will probably be the last we see of Iron Man for a while, it's cool that Marvel are referencing his classic outfit for Endgame.

18 minutes ago, Brick Cucumber said:

That Mk 85 looks absolutely terrible. It looks like they just put gold arms on the Mk 50. I'm really dissapointed with that.

The torso is different. If you've actually seen the concept art, MK85 has a similar body, with gold arms/thighs to represent how Iron Man looked in classic comics

The mk 85 looks just okay. Are there differences from the IW suit? Yea, but they are minute and nominal and I'm not crazy about it, regardless if it pays homage to the comics. The best minifigs so far are the 3 armors recently revealed from the armor room set, so let's see how the rest of the wave fares

Torso and leg print is good, cannot remark on accuracy though - arms needed printing i feel. Especially given this has potential to be the main suit of the movie. In addition, i'm struggling to find a replacement for the arms. A C3P0 polybag was released a while ago with a printed golden arm that would be perfect - but we never got the other arm in gold with the printing.

And unlike the Mark 50, the arms pop out because of the colors scheme. 

It needs an arm printing more than Mark 50 does. 

I actually like the torso compare to Infinity War suit.

After doing some brief research, I have discovered that only 12 Marvel figures (excluding promotional figures, figures from mainstream sets only) have arm printing (Spider Man (Civil War, Homecoming and Infinity War), Thor (Ragnarok), Scarlet Spider, Green Goblin (Bridge), Drax, Carnage (2015), Maria Hill, Winter Soldier, Hyperion and Shocker). Which I why I always find it funny when everyone complains nobody has arm printing. 

I don't agree that it needed arm printing, but I do agree it stands out too much. Dual molded arms would have been perfect, but you're given what you get

Edited by Quicksilver838

While I agree that the plain gold arms are a little striking, I kind of like it since it evokes the feel of the classic comic armor. 

If you want some printing for, at most (unfortunately), one arm, the C-3PO promo polybag has a printed right arm that could work.

Hmm. I thought I’d hate the arms standing out so much but I don’t think it looks that bad. I like how much gold it brings into the costume although obviously printing on the arms would be nice. I like it overall and it reminds me of how the Mark 47 was basically the 46 with some areas replaced with silver. 

35 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Does anyone know what kind of jet pack is on the MK 1 armor? Is it brick built or one of the new Star Wars ones?

I believe it’s one of the more recent Star Wars ones. It was used in the battle packs based on the Battlefront video game.

35 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Hmm. I thought I’d hate the arms standing out so much but I don’t think it looks that bad. I like how much gold it brings into the costume although obviously printing on the arms would be nice. I like it overall and it reminds me of how the Mark 47 was basically the 46 with some areas replaced with silver. 

1 hour ago, Legocity2713 said:

While I agree that the plain gold arms are a little striking, I kind of like it since it evokes the feel of the classic comic armor. 

If you want some printing for, at most (unfortunately), one arm, the C-3PO promo polybag has a printed right arm that could work.

I see what both of you mean. I think that the plain gold arms  do have a classic comic book fill to them however I do think that in comparison to the infinity war mark 50 armor and other Iron man suits that the arms are a bit of an eyesore. 

58 minutes ago, Aegis2000 said:

I believe it’s one of the more recent Star Wars ones. It was used in the battle packs based on the Battlefront video game.

Intresting. I feel like that wouldn’t be accurate, but that’s just me.

48 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Intresting. I feel like that wouldn’t be accurate, but that’s just me.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=24217&idColor=1#T=S&C=1&O={"color":1,"iconly":0}

It's definitely that piece. At least it makes the armor a little bulkier. Doesn't look incredibly accurate, especially with the thrusters sticking out the sides slightly, but I think it'll look good when more imaged come out. Hope he has a 1x1 tile on his back to cover that stud up, something like Silver Centurion had

latest?cb=20141129183302

Also stumbled upon this, and it would just be perfect for the HoA set, the detailing around all the suits. Effectively the same as the Malibu Mansion displays, but with some cool extra detailing like these

Marks_I-IV_(Iron_Man_2).png