onecase

[INSTRUCTIONS] Executor class Star Dreadnought

5 hours ago, onecase said:

They are in the partslist. 

I just bought your X-wing and Tie advanced. You should buy mine for a trade. :wink:

Thanks for the positive feedback! Share some photos-

Well, I guess, now I am obliged! I guess I'll make myself a christmas present!

3 minutes ago, Schneeds said:

1 3L bar, and 1 inverse loop bracket.  Keeps the panel nice and straight :)

Awesome *oh2* ..... thanks very much :tongue: !

On October 31, 2018 at 3:20 AM, Schneeds said:

That's brilliant, If you can change the 3L bar to hose, you can leave the front greebles attached.

I'm buying the parts right now. A couple of questions though:

1. Can I change 30360 to 93168? Or is there any slight differences?

2. Which looks better? The intended old style clips (with edges "all the way out") or the new O-style clips?

6 hours ago, danielwerner said:

2. Which looks better? The intended old style clips (with edges "all the way out") or the new O-style clips?

1. I don't think there are difference between those two unless the sizes are same.

2. must use old style clips for better look of the city.

On 11/12/2018 at 10:44 PM, danielwerner said:

If you're planning on using Bricks & Pieces, just beware that the graphic for the Clips is wrong; and they are actually shipping the new version even if the picture shows the old verison.  I had ordered some as the cost of the old version can be on the high side, but discovered upon arrival that Lego is actually selling only the new ones. 

In just ran into a small problem with the two legs on page 146.  The 2 pieces that should go on both rear sides of the legs won't fit, because the black inverted tiles 2x2 are in the way.

When looking at the photos,  I can see that those inverted tiles are placed one stud higher than as shown in the instructions.

Edited by Therion
typo

On December 6, 2018 at 4:36 PM, Therion said:

In just ran into a small problem with the two legs on page 146.  The 2 pieces that should go on both rear sides of the legs won't fit, because the black inverted tiles 2x2 are in the way.

When looking at the photos,  I can see that those inverted tiles are placed one stud higher than as shown in the instructions.

currently working on the problem. thanks for the report.

Hey all, 

I also bought the instruction some time ago.

The SSD looks amazing and im too lazy to build a own version :laugh:.

Now im finish with fix the wings on the bottom. AND i was pissed at first because it does not hold good. So i worked with some rubbers to fix them better. 

But im happy for the posts here. Exactly this two instruction parts are a big problem. Glad i havent finish the city, so i can rebuild them easy.

Thanks guys for the tips.

markus

I’m curious about one thing - how come the little ”city” on the top isn’t in dark bluish gray? It looks a bit darker than the rest of the ship on some pictures and the same color on others.

Can someone explain? How should it be? Is there a risk of it looking too monotoneous with everything light bluish gray? :)

On 7/11/2019 at 8:56 AM, danielwerner said:

I’m curious about one thing - how come the little ”city” on the top isn’t in dark bluish gray? It looks a bit darker than the rest of the ship on some pictures and the same color on others.

Can someone explain? How should it be? Is there a risk of it looking too monotoneous with everything light bluish gray? :)

I found the answer to your question in a previous thread, wish I could find it to link it here.

The actual color of The Executor is dark grey, however from the reflection of the stars in space against the hull, make it appear light grey. The city remains dark grey due to the complexity of the angles. So to make a movie accurate Executor, you would make the city dark grey on a light grey hull.

Builders choose to make the ship entirely in light grey because it displays better. Standing back 6 feet from the model the detail would be lost in the city, while it pops in light grey. Secondly, used light grey parts cost less than dark grey.

What Jolly said.  Lego used a mixture in their official 10221 and I always thought it looked odd.  If the entire city was dark gray there would be far too much contrast. 

kg-ssd-executor-reference-029.jpg

Looking at the original, it's hard to tell if they used a darker shade or if it's just the lighting.

To me it is not darker. It also wasn't darker for normal Star Destroyers or other models they did, That is the magic of properly done greebling, you can add different colour shade without actually using different colour.

Good new for everyone who is trying to get the pieces.

The 2489 Container, Barrel 2 x 2 x 2 in LBG will be available in new Harley set - at least 4 pieces

2489.png

48192893856_8e3af45f52_b.jpg 

I will be watching Bricks & Pieces very closely for this one, you never have enough of this bad boy.

1 hour ago, thire5 said:

The 2489 Container, Barrel 2 x 2 x 2 in LBG will be available in new Harley set - at least 4 pieces

FML, I bought them for like 30 bucks a piece. :') But happy for you others!

On 7/16/2019 at 2:21 AM, thire5 said:

2489.png

These seem to be ticking up in price again.  

On 7/12/2019 at 10:05 PM, Jollygrnreefer said:

I found the answer to your question in a previous thread, wish I could find it to link it here.

The actual color of The Executor is dark grey, however from the reflection of the stars in space against the hull, make it appear light grey. The city remains dark grey due to the complexity of the angles. So to make a movie accurate Executor, you would make the city dark grey on a light grey hull.

Builders choose to make the ship entirely in light grey because it displays better. Standing back 6 feet from the model the detail would be lost in the city, while it pops in light grey. Secondly, used light grey parts cost less than dark grey.

I'm seriously considering a color shifted 'city' from light to dark.  Maybe the underside too?  

For those of you that have bought parts, I'm definitely OK with Used internal parts to keep the price down, but for the top, should I just go with New?  It seems like the tiles are such a key component that the risk of discoloring and scratches just isn't worth it?  

Also, thanks for the Lego PAB tip.  Got a bunch of black technic 1x16s for 79 cents!

@onecase I have made PayPal payment 15 October, and emailed you.

I am waiting to hear confirmation and receive the instruction package.

Thank you.

Richard Mar