Digger of Bricks

LEGO Creator 2019 - Rumors, Discussion, and Speculation

Recommended Posts

Just now, dimaks13 said:

The set is basically bigger this. 

21309_alt6.jpg

Minifigure scale? Or perhaps much larger than that? :shrug_confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Minifigure scale? Or perhaps much larger than that? :shrug_confused:

Around minifig scale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

Around minifig scale.

Really? Huh, is the Lunar Lander the only build within the set making up those 1000+ pieces? :def_shrug:

P.S. Also, do you know anything else about 10269, the purported D2C Harley Davidson for Creator Expert?

 

Edited by Digger of Bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Really? Huh, is the Lunar Lander the only build within the set making up those 1000+ pieces:def_shrug:

If not then it's at least almost all of what's in the set.

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

P.S. Also, do you know anything else about 10269, the purported D2C Harley Davidson for Creator Expert?

I just know it's that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the rumor of a lunar lander is true, that's a day one buy!  I missed the lunar lander from the Discovery line when I was a kid and now it sells for more than seven times RRP on eBay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Wow! I really hope the LM rumor is true. My dad is a huge space fan and I know he’d love to have a Lunar Module to go next to the Saturn V Ideas set. 

If it’s minifigure scale I wonder how they’ll handle that. Generic minifigs or will they actually model them after specific astronauts?

Edited by Accio Lego

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oooh, really looking forward to this set. I made a MOC of the top section of the lunar module once at minifig scale, and recently saw another MOC online that looked very nice.

Suffice to say, if TLG nails this set, it might be a day one buy for me too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Same for me. Really hope the 10266 is a lunar module at minifig scale. It would definitely make sense for the 50 years of the lunar landing. If that's it it will be a day one for me. 

Any idea of when it is supposed to be released?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Space_jaco said:

Any idea of when it is supposed to be released?

June. So probably a couple of days left before we get official pictures.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

June. So probably a couple of days left before we get official pictures.

Thanks. Can't wait 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I wonder if LEGO made a mistake on their website, because the 4 new Creator 3-in-1 sets for June 2019  are listed under Creator Expert :shrug_confused:

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, dimaks13 said:

June. So probably a couple of days left before we get official pictures.

Fingers crossed it’s released before the 16th. This would make an awesome Fathers Day gift. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hoping for Armstrong/Aldrin or Lovell/Haise/Swigert minifigures, with flesh faces so they can be displayed together with the NASA women.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Graupensuppe said:

I'm hoping for Armstrong/Aldrin or Lovell/Haise/Swigert minifigures, with flesh faces so they can be displayed together with the NASA women.

I think an Apollo 13 theme might be a little far fetched considering the rumors only say we’re getting an LM, suggesting an actual landing. 

Plus, I think it’s been mentioned before but this year is the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11, which might be what prompted a LM Creator set in the first place. I definitely agree with you on wanting flesh tones for the potential Armstrong/Aldrin figs though, and it would be super cool if they printed on the ‘Snoopy caps’ that the astronauts wore under thier helmets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Accio Lego said:

Fingers crossed it’s released before the 16th. This would make an awesome Fathers Day gift. 

Afaik it's actually June 1st.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, dimaks13 said:

It leaked.

On 5/18/2019 at 10:37 AM, Accio Lego said:

If it’s minifigure scale I wonder how they’ll handle that. Generic minifigs or will they actually model them after specific astronauts?

On 5/19/2019 at 7:05 AM, Space_jaco said:

Really hope the 10266 is a lunar module at minifig scale. It would definitely make sense for the 50 years of the lunar landing. If that's it it will be a day one for me. 

On 5/19/2019 at 4:05 PM, Graupensuppe said:

I'm hoping for Armstrong/Aldrin or Lovell/Haise/Swigert minifigures, with flesh faces so they can be displayed together with the NASA women.

Wow, so that's 1087 pieces eh? And it is indeed both NASA-themed and at minifigure-scale based upon the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander. :oh3:

Well, though I'm not quite the biggest NASA nut, it's a pretty good set admittedly, but its size makes it feel like it should be something other than a Creator Expert set. :def_shrug:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Minifig scale with 2 figures, unclear from the front of the box what the heads look like. And there is a 50th anniversary graphic on the box so that is definitely a motivation for releasing this set now. Looks quite detailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dimaks13 said:

It leaked.

I love it. Definitely a day one for me. Looks modular with the ascent and descent stage. Hope there is an inside. 

Then we will have to moc the command module.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've definitely seen better fan builds of the Apollo LM, but I'm not going to quibble about that.  Definitely a day one buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Official image. It is said to include a baseplate although not shown on the front of box.

lego-10266-lunar-landar-preview2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vorkosigan said:

Minifig scale with 2 figures, unclear from the front of the box what the heads look like. And there is a 50th anniversary graphic on the box so that is definitely a motivation for releasing this set now. Looks quite detailed.

Yes it looks awesome! And I’ve started seeing that new logo around on nasa stuff recently (actually saw it for the first time at the JPL open day) so it’s clearly something they’ve officially coordinated with nasa. Can’t wait to see if the minifigure heads look like (here’s hoping for something unique). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The really impressive thing from this first image is the use of the large barrel bottom for the rocket engine, as in the Saturn V.  The main problem in every minifig-scale Apollo LM build I've seen until now is the use of the standard 4x4x2 cone for the descent motor: it's far too small, and when simply pasted on the bottom of an otherwise boxy descent module it gives entirely the wrong impression.  The real descent motor was very large, since it was optimized for vacuum operation, and only a small portion of the bell protruded beneath the rest of the descent module; the combustion chamber was located surprisingly close to the top of the structure.  I doubt the designers of this set have embedded an entire descent engine inside the structure of the descent module, but it's nice to see that they're paying attention to the correct size of the rocket motor.  The use of pearl gold is also a huge improvement over the tan of the 2003 model - I wish they'd used pearl silver for the ascent module too, but that might have involved too many recolors.  I can't quite puzzle out from that picture whether or not this model has an interior and a working front hatch, but I would be surprised if it didn't.  That four-wide hatch opening must be meant for minifigure interaction; a more faithful scale model (like the various fan builds on Flickr and Mecabricks) would build that area about three studs wide.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, icm said:

  I can't quite puzzle out from that picture whether or not this model has an interior and a working front hatch, but I would be surprised if it didn't.  That four-wide hatch opening must be meant for minifigure interaction; a more faithful scale model (like the various fan builds on Flickr and Mecabricks) would build that area about three studs wide.

Given that pretty much every single system scale Lego vehicle or structure I’ve ever come across faces the problem of to scale exterior = too small interior, I doubt it as well. It’s possible that the hatch will work and they might even have a feature where you can open it up and see the control panels on the inside, but I can’t imagine both minifigures will fit in there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There's a vague image of a brickbuild "crater baseplate" it can stand on on the right of the box, pretty interesting to see how they'll pull that off.

Edited by TeriXeri

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.