Robert8

Pop-Up Book - LEGO IDEAS

Just now, koalayummies said:

Doesn't appear to be a new mold and is a specific design. Looks like CMF 14 Werewolf head mold with different printing specific to this set.

That's obvious in the video. I'm saying that wish this character was produced in a condition that allows new molds.

But it didn't need a new five to six figure mold. New printing works just fine; its a big bad wolf posing as the grandma, seems everyone gets that. :shrug_oh_well:

It looks fantastic! Well done! :thumbup:

Apparently, from the TBB review, the Wolf minifigure has the dark grey hands one would expect, but the teaser video shows it with yellow. They must have shot the teaser using a preliminary minifigure.

The final set looks like an absolute winner, and as with many recent Ideas sets a great one for parts monkeys even if one doesn’t particularly want a LEGO pop-up book. Certainly the figures look excellent for builders in historic and fantasy themes, and more printed trophy microfigures are always welcome. And the amazing wealth of SNOT bricks should be welcome to builders of all subject matter.

I believe this is the third Ideas set with microfigures (after The Big Bang Theory and the NASA Apollo Saturn V), the second to mix both minifigures and microfigures (after The Big Bang Theory), the second to have printed microfigures (after the NASA Apollo Saturn V), and the second to use them as actual “people” (as opposed to toy figures, statuary, etc.) populating a set (again after the NASA Apollo Saturn V).

Between this, VoltronTRON Legacy, and the Ship in a Bottle, LEGO Ideas seems to be having a great tenth anniversary year.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Already said it before but this is easily the best Ideas set of the year. Glad the title is printed, I was worried about that. Since it will release in November I won't get double VIP points but that's ok. This has got to be in my top 5 Ideas sets, so I am very excited to get it.

This might be my favourite Ideas set to date.  The front cover of the book is beautiful! 

My buddy got this yesterday, I am trying to get him to hurry up and build it so I can check it out. I was actually surprised by how big it is, pleasantly. 

On 11/5/2018 at 7:57 AM, julesvincent said:

Jason posted a video on yt on what he would improve in the actual set:

You beat me to it lol 

On his site (and ideas)  there are several "other stories" you can build for this. 

I'm really glad I can see another set I supported become available.  I really wish TLG would have kept the clasp but it's relatively unmodified from his original idea.  And I'm glad Jason made the how to on the clasp! 

I'm building this set right now and during the build I change the black parts with the green parts as in the modification