5 minutes ago, Fabian Lolker said:

Very awseome model!

Do you  plan to make a building instruction , or LDD Model?

Thanks Fabian, unfortunately due to limited resources and mandatory Software on my PC I can not use other like LDD, or anything similar. It is easier for me to make additional parts like axels and upload photos...

Honestly I'm very satisfied with model which is unlikely for me, but proportiob are correct, functionality is simple but satisfing, and has all tipical Unimog features like portal suspended axles, central differential, steering is better than on 8110 set (ok it is half a size of Arocs)...and finaly Unimog Implement Carrier that fits the scale of my other machinery...:wink:

5 hours ago, IA creations said:

It looks gr8 and with nice functions! And it is called M-motor ;)

Thank you (both - for compliment and corrections)

:sweet:

Here is final version where I (finally managed) to make axles with 17 studs width, so for future (planned) projects I do not have to stretch CLAAS tires :sweet:There will be probably some small improvements on rear axle, but not so soon :wink:On images below you ca see what I mean (using liftarms as some kind of measurement tool)

800x600.jpg

Image with open hood to show changes in cab tilting solution which is now very similar to 8110 set

800x600.jpg

Image with closed hood

800x600.jpg

Rear view showing 17 studs rear axle width and few images showing side view with 25 studs wheelbase

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

...and some belly shots showing both front and rear axles with 17 studs width

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

..it seems that this project impresses even me, so despite all other projects I got some idea got improvements from time to time 

I love what you've worked for a realistic width, I am one of those who consider it fundamental for a good MOC. I would love to see many more pics below MOCs as yours, you can see the Technic work done much better.

Thank you; all of you; @jorgeopesi, I'm always trying to make moc realistic. For Unimog I was not 100% sure so I decided to open new topic. And indeed smaller models are more playable and enjoyable as you mentioned with your mid size dump truck. Other thing is that I like mocs with realistic tire pattern like you decided and not universal baloon ones that are very rare in reality. Other thing that I hate when moc is to wide and looks like from tv show "pimp my..."...About shots below; there is one question - what is the point of presenting yor (generaly speaking) work if you hide most important solutions; teasing, or something worse? You also take photo of every important detail on your moc and discous it because this is the point of such forum :sweet:

@Leonardo da Bricki I really respect your compliments and politness as ever. I'm very glad that you like it. If you want (after I make some small changes on rear axle) I can make photos of this (3rd version) and upload them here. Thank you for assistant during Mog development. :classic:

@Victor Imaginator thank you very much. :sweet: I was trying to make simplest and realistic model, so I've decided to make Implement carrier and not offroader like U4023, because LEGO does not have correct tire pattern for bigger model.

How is you work progressing? 

6 minutes ago, Victor Imaginator said:

@I_Igor My U4023 stay unfinished for few months. Can't find time for some serious LEGO. I hope that i will find time that i need to finish at least Unimog in this year)

I understand what you mean. My Unimog project was started about year ago and then I've founded out that 68.8 x 24 tires are to soft for planned vehicle weight. With new combibation (62.4 x 20 tire on 32004a wheel) I got oportunity to make more narrow axle, so decision was made to make smaller model 1:18 which will enable to (finaly) finish one desired systems tractor when LEGO relieses 95mm tractor tire :excited:

There are some other projects on them I currently work but will probably have few weeks without LEGO first

Regards and keep my fingers crossed for your U4023 project :thumbup:

After few weeks of laziness I've noticed that 17 studs short axle is not performing like it should (it was bending all the time), so I've decided to put back older versions using frame 5 x 7. Since I'm the one who hates complications chassis was something that in my eyes should be improved. After few days I build another chassis to be in one line like original

foto_018.jpg

but could not make it just one stud high because it is constantly bending.  Current result can be seen here (first few images show that engine is now completely below cab like it should be and I've changed steering - now I use knob wheels)

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

at the front there are small changes also, but they are cosmetic nature...

800x600.jpg

hood opening (and showing front pto and upper suspension arms)

800x600.jpg

...picture from below which shows some changes on chassis and both axles (this is for @jorgeopesi)

800x600.jpg

...few images with tilted cub to show new chassis "in straight line"

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Notice four blue pins - they are used for attachments like this

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

This was my attempt to make Mulag MHU 800 rear mounted attachment; details can be seen here http://www.mulag.de/en/roadside/products/unimog-equipment/rear-mower/mhu-800/

LEGO version has 4 main functions

- rotating whole arm 90 degrees,

- raising and lowering boom

- raising and lovering grass cutter

- transmitting rotation to grass cutter (or can be sweeper...)

At the moment it looks like spaghetti made from axles and universal joints, but telescopic arm is not represented like on original. any comments and suggestions are welcome, since when working on other project suddenly I become some idea for Unimog improvement...

It is an epic attachment, with one stud more it seems a more compact MOC. Anyway I think this MOC it is in the limit between size and fragility, a video showing its functions would be nice to see the strong it is.

Edited by jorgeopesi

Indeed it looks more compact with this axles and 18 studs width suits the scale...175mm mudguards are giving 2400mm overall width on real machine (you can read a bit more in updated first post for this topic).

Attachment is fragile more than I thought, so I'll make pneumatic version in future and tested to see how fragile it will be. There is s posibility for short chassis but what i want is to make slimmer chassis using 11 x 5 H frames to make it stronger and to use smaller battery box. I'll see when I bought additional parts what is dooable

20 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

It is an epic attachment, with one stud more it seems a more compact MOC. Anyway I think this MOC it is in the limit between size and fragility

...and I'm still not satisfied with (to) big gap between tires and mudguards. Perhaps first thing (parallel to ongoing projects) would be to try to make chassid that is stiffer and to enable smaller gap between tires and mudguards...

Hi Eurobrickers,

after some time, I have some updates in this project. After long period I have managed to make short wheelbase chassis with central differential as you can see on following images. It is rather unconventional solution but it works just fine and engine is below cab as it should be.

Here are just images of chassis and unfinished rear axle with indicator of 22 studs wheelbase (two yellow axle 11 studs...)

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

comments are always welcome :classic:

I her got to say how much I like this project, unimog's are awesome! Are you going to see a crane attachment?

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

I her got to say how much I like this project, unimog's are awesome! Are you going to see a crane attachment?

I'm planning to make proper Mulag 800 attachment but with pneumatics.

Crane is something that I plan on other Unimog - U4023 model...but I need 3 outriggers more than I currently have...

But when I will be finaly satisfied with this one (U423), I'll continue on U4023 which is on standstill and I'll make new topic just for finished model. Currently I'm waiting for small battery box to finish Mog and then to develope mulag attachment (the rest of Unimog is finished).

I hope that you like this chassis version. (it is stiff, light and enables me to make it low enough and with satisfying suspension travel)

Sorry for long replay, but at least I didn't post link that did not work :laugh:

Edited by I_Igor

4 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Just came across this, looks amazing. Your chassis is really well made. Great job :classic:

Thank you; when I receive smaller battery box I'll post new images and then move to attachment (and after that create a new topic for finished model if something doesn't cross my mind in the meantime :laugh:).

Honestly mid size dump truck by @jorgeopesi gave me some ideas and inspiration for this development

Edited by I_Igor

Update time:

dear Eurobricks members, I have finally managed to make short wheelbase version of Unimog U423 with central differential. As you can see it is unusual solution, but most important is that It works. Posted images here show completed version without attachment. Of course there is a possibility to make more narrow axles in a future (If I found a way to make it stiff enough). Here are images of final version (without attachment)

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

As you can see XL-motor is pretending to be fuel tank and I have smaller battery box :sweet:

I hope that you like it 

Before I post some images and short description for this update I have to thank for help and support that I got from @Leonardo da Bricki, @efferman, @jorgeopesi and @Pat-Ard :classic:

After several month of playing around front axle finally I have managed to make narrow enough front axle to fit 1:18 scale. As you can see on images that will follow now axles are 17 stud wide. Another thing that is that this compact version is the best compromise for functionality and stiffness. Another aspect that used about 3 months is front bull-bar: old one was simply to big for this scale, so new one uses pneumatic hoses and black pneumatic t connectors and black bars which _I did not have, so I have to buy them...

800x536.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Cab is under development :wink: 

Edited by I_Igor

1 hour ago, Pat-Ard said:

Hi Igor,

nice progress. 

Thanks. If only I could have 9l beams in orange...

Good to see this project continuing. I love me a good Unimog project, and I am happy to see you constantly improving your design. I started my own (437), and I might have to add a U500 cab as one of the options.

Re. 9l Orange beams, I started getting them from LEGO pick-a-brick, as I was not willing to put up with the Bricklink prices. I might be worth your while to get a couple. 

8 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Good to see this project continuing. I love me a good Unimog project, and I am happy to see you constantly improving your design. I started my own (437), and I might have to add a U500 cab as one of the options.

Re. 9l Orange beams, I started getting them from LEGO pick-a-brick, as I was not willing to put up with the Bricklink prices. I might be worth your while to get a couple. 

Thanks Kyle,

After calculatios I found out that there has to be liftarm 10l, so I have made combo of 3l and 7l...now I need small brake and relax a bit. Main cab structure is done, but I need to make it more detailed and add doors and hood. Front part of hood you can see at first image - "blueprint" with correct wheel position (Unimog blueprints show model with compressed suspension).

437 is intetesting project.

My future Unimog will be U4023 or U5023 if I manage front axle that has 18 studs overall width (inclooding tires).

Tires that I plan to use are 68.8 x 36 H with wheel futuristic amd black dish 6 x 6 inside...