36 minutes ago, MorningWon said:

The crab steering

This thing has crab steering?  Or do you mean 4 wheel steering?

On 5/18/2018 at 1:47 PM, I_Igor said:

And my mobile phone has problem with display - it stil shows 42071...defenetly display bug...btw very interesting model.

I stand corrected 4 wheel steering.

apologies

I really like the look of this model. 

Im also in favour of Lego working on more concept type models, if they follow the the same principle of working with an OEM on the design. That will give the concepts credibility.

Aw man, just when I thought I was gonna buy this one, turns out it’s $200AUD, so $0.17/p. Honestly wouldn’t pay more than $180 for it. I think I might just build it from my own parts since I already have 42030 and 42054...

Edited by Bartybum

I agree, @Bartybum, without Power Functions (or Power Functions upgrade), 12.7¢ a piece does seem a bit expensive (in USD).

If we say that average cents per piece is 10¢, then the loader (without license) would cost USD $116.70

Is the license worth about $32?

@Magical Duck Also bearing in mind that the Volvo license is generally quite low. I have a feeling it’s the CLAAS tyres and Volvo bucket that are driving the price up so much :cry_sad:

The US price is 139 dollar. 12 cents a piece.

In euro is 119, 10 cents a piece.

Looking at the size of this set, price is not so high...and it looks like nice set and set that could be heavily modified...but first of all I'm waiting for @Jim's review because his reviews are my references ?

55 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Looking at the size of this set, price is not so high...and it looks like nice set and set that could be heavily modified...but first of all I'm waiting for @Jim's review because his reviews are my references ?

My review is not objective, because I simply love this thing :wink:

41 minutes ago, Jim said:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 hour ago, Jim said:

But I trust you and trust is priceless ?

33 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

It's £109.99 in the UK, at least according to the box of the 42081 sitting in the display case at Smyth's...

I did not see loader here so I'll see in few weeks what is the price, but I assume that the price will be in Version area...

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

@Magical Duck Also bearing in mind that the Volvo license is generally quite low. I have a feeling it’s the CLAAS tyres and Volvo bucket that are driving the price up so much :cry_sad:

Yeah- if I had the 42030 I might try building it from that and the CLAAS, but I feel the pricepoint is too high to justify getting this set. And it looked so cool, too :sad:

17 minutes ago, Magical Duck said:

Yeah- if I had the 42030 I might try building it from that and the CLAAS, but I feel the pricepoint is too high to justify getting this set. And it looked so cool, too :sad:

It's the same price as 42042, which is motorized and about 273 pieces bigger. It's a bit of a stumbling block. :look:

But then the tyres, LAs and bucket are probably fairly expensive to produce, so maybe it's justified. Aside from two PF parts, 42042 doesn't include anything like that.

Edited by Maaboo35

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

It's the same price as 42042, which is motorized and about 273 pieces bigger. It's a bit of a stumbling block. :look:

I understand everyone's argument about pricing, legos are quite expensive. I get the price per piece bit too, but the major pieces in this rig are quite big. This set is pretty big too. here are some sets that you can compare it to for reference:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1x7U32_YjRKl2DjVl_E5YpXeOjpNFJhJk

I am not trying to change anyone's mind, just to provide them with a more relative point of view to make their decisions.

6 minutes ago, MorningWon said:

I understand everyone's argument about pricing, legos are quite expensive. I get the price per piece bit too, but the major pieces in this rig are quite big. This set is pretty big too. here are some sets that you can compare it to for reference:

Re-read my previous post. :wink:

Just now, Maaboo35 said:

Re-read my previous post. :wink:

Sorry, I should have quoted Magical Duck, (I'm a newb after all) that is what I was referring too :)

11 minutes ago, MorningWon said:

Sorry, I should have quoted Magical Duck, (I'm a newb after all) that is what I was referring too :)

No problem, mate.

3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

But then the tyres, LAs and bucket are probably fairly expensive to produce, so maybe it's justified. Aside from two PF parts, 42042 doesn't include anything like that.

Almost exactly the same piece count as 42053 but instead we have 1 large bucket, 4 large tires, and 3 LA's vs 1 new pump, 2 long cylinders, 2 mini(1 is pump) and 3 valves. Maybe you have a point there, but the price still shouldnt be any noticable higher than the 42053 (imo)

31 minutes ago, GoldVillage said:

the price still shouldnt be any noticable higher than the 42053 (imo)

On the other hand, 42053 had brand new manual pump (requiring a brand new mold), 4 pneumatic cylinders, and was power functions upgradable

Sooo.... long time lurker, first time poster :classic:

I bought this set 2 days ago in Austria, we were in a toy store with the kids, and there were all 4 new sets on the shelf. Crane is reserved for christmas so here it is:

kDzA212.jpg

Paid 119 Euro for it by the way. I paid 69 Euro for the 42053 in march 17. I wouldn't want to decide between these two, i really like pneumatics and  I don't think you can compare these two, all they have in common is the color. Still, it is expensive but so are all sets these days.

Edited by 627

@627 and they have one more thing in common - the same brand. You got good deal with it and smart raising children because you decided that crane is for Christmas :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

@627 and they have one more thing in common - the same brand. You got good deal with it and smart raising children because you decided that crane is for Christmas :thumbup:

more like my wife would've gone nuts if I'd spend 240 Euro for some lego while on holiday. And she'd be right all the loooong way home *huh*

Edited by 627

23 minutes ago, 627 said:

more like my wife would've gone nuts if I'd spend 240 Euro for some lego while on holiday. And she'd be right all the loooong way home *huh*

I know the feeling despite that last two bigger sets (2 copies of Version) was bought by her... perhaps because those 2 were at price of one...?