After releasing Khagaan I hit a bit of a building block. I built something ridiculous to get out of the funk. 

More pictures: Flickr link

Very grateful for imurvai's android game controller app. It's frickin' glorious. 

Currently, the wheels have 22,5 degrees negative camber. I'm pretty sure 45 degrees is possible, but at this scale it'd be tricky. I really wanted to use 3-pin wheel connectors, since I'm pretty sure the wheels would just slide off otherwise. I really don't like that this steering arm has friction, but what can you do. 

This stuff is bad for your tires:

41790661402_fb56e2e262_z.jpg

Hope y'all like it. 

Edited by mahjqa
i spel gud

Truly amazing! I've just looked at your youtube page, and I have to say; You have some pretty awesome, unique and original creations. The attention to details. Better yet, they perform beautifully! And not to mention how much effort you put into filming. The movies are awesome. I mean; the chase with tumblers and lego flying bat... come on, parking of the ice nine, khagaan is out of this world, poipl... that's how you drift. Way to go! Keep it up.

Edited by pagicence

Cool car! I like the color scheme. Do you mind giving some chassis pictures so we can see how it works? Also, is there a diff in the back?

Awesome car! :thumbup: I too am disappointed by the friction of those wheel hubs... Did you need more purple parts than what's in the 42069? And +1 for chassis photos!

That thing is horrible... I love it! you perfectly captured the eyesoreness of certain stanced cars. It is so ugly, but also so cool. It might even look cooler without the stance and negative camber. Maybe that's what I'd do, convert this to a more stock look.

I’ve been waiting to see this one operate! Love the green lights and wild stance. You definitely don’t seem to be in a funk now :classic: keep it up!

3 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

And +1 for chassis photos!

40027079774_372318a712_c.jpgtater by mahjqa, on Flickr

Like this?

Sorry Mahj, but I'd think this is what you'd use.

You did a great MOC AGAIN!

The presentation is so cool! Congratulations!! I really like the gimmicks =)

What lights did you use by the way? They look brighter than standard lego leds

21 hours ago, pagicence said:

Truly amazing! I've just looked at your youtube page, and I have to say; You have some pretty awesome, unique and original creations. 

Thank you so much! The 'original' bit is a bit necessary for me. For example: there are so many people building things like supercars. I don't think I have the skills to make something that stands out in that field. So I've got to do something different :)

21 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Cool car! I like the color scheme. Do you mind giving some chassis pictures so we can see how it works? Also, is there a diff in the back?

I still have to take more pictures, both of the internals and the camera rig. So those are coming up. 
And nope, there's no differential. Each rear wheel has a separate motor. This allows each wheel to run at different speeds as required. Also, if one wheel would lose contact with the ground, you wouldn't lose power entirely. (Not much of a concern here, but I think it's useful.) This is the kind of gearing I used for each wheel: 7549319608_899a92a539_o.gif

20 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Awesome car! :thumbup: I too am disappointed by the friction of those wheel hubs... Did you need more purple parts than what's in the 42069? And +1 for chassis photos!

Not as far as the technic bits are concerned, but I used quite a bit of purple system parts. More chassis pictures are coming up.

19 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

That thing is horrible... I love it! you perfectly captured the eyesoreness of certain stanced cars. It is so ugly, but also so cool. It might even look cooler without the stance and negative camber. Maybe that's what I'd do, convert this to a more stock look.

That's exactly what I love about them! They are hideous, and aggressively dumb and impractical. I'm not exactly sure how good the car would look with a regular setup; the wheelarches are WAY oversized. You'd have to replace those, and I don't know if you can get the look exactly right without them. I've ordered four of these bastards in purple, maybe those would work. 

19 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

I’ve been waiting to see this one operate! Love the green lights and wild stance. You definitely don’t seem to be in a funk now :classic: keep it up!

Thank you!

16 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Sorry Mahj, but I'd think this is what you'd use.

I don't have the money for that. Knowing me, I'd end up in a Skoda or a Volvo. 

11 hours ago, Omikron said:

What lights did you use by the way? They look brighter than standard lego leds

At some point, Lego has started using different LEDs for their lights. The original ones were slightly yellowish and dull, while the new ones are more blue and bright. What also helps is that I filmed most of this around either dusk or dawn*. This means there is less ambient light, and the LEDs themselves seem brighter. 

To everyone else I haven't adressed personally: thank you so much for your comments! I was a bit worried that this choice of style would be controversial, but you all seem to enjoy it for the silly thing it is. 

*(At some point I got up at five in the morning DURING THE WEEKEND to film this. I'm weird like that. Then again- otherwise I'd have to deal with the skaters. Who have more of a right to be there than me, seeing as it's filmed in a skate park.)

Your Stanced Car is really great. I also like the camera car you used in the filming. Do you have a video or presentation topic for the camera car?

Andy D

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 11:14 PM, mahjqa said:

The 'original' bit is a bit necessary for me. For example: there are so many people building things like supercars. I don't think I have the skills to make something that stands out in that field. So I've got to do something different :)

I completely agree. I almost have the same attitude.