Ecclesiastes

10261 LEGO Creator Expert Roller Coaster

Thats awesome! I thought it was possible with that part v t so glad to see it done! That's huge with 3 sets too! I was going to double up with just 2 sets, 3 looks humongous!

On 6/8/2018 at 11:35 AM, kasmca said:

Someone made a moc with 3 sets to include a loop!

That is fantastic!  I love it!

Hello Community!

I have issues with the rollercoaster, just motorized it today, and it keeps on "gripping" or even stopping either when the wagons are climbing, or at te top when the wheels push them..

Have tried to change the amount of "chains" but still the issue seems somewhere else, as sometime the motor does not even make the chain move.. 

Any idea on how to solve it would be very appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your advices!

1 hour ago, SwissBrick said:

Hello Community!

I have issues with the rollercoaster, just motorized it today, and it keeps on "gripping" or even stopping either when the wagons are climbing, or at te top when the wheels push them..

Have tried to change the amount of "chains" but still the issue seems somewhere else, as sometime the motor does not even make the chain move.. 

Everything I have read said to just rebuild the assembly. Something was probably messed up along the way.

14 hours ago, SwissBrick said:

Hello Community!

The technic connection may be too tight in places. It would be worth ensuring each of the technic gearing parts are nice and loose and not squeezed together. All that little added friction/tightness does add up a lot on this set. 

On 6/15/2018 at 11:04 AM, Fuppylodders said:

The technic connection may be too tight in places. It would be worth ensuring each of the technic gearing parts are nice and loose and not squeezed together. All that little added friction/tightness does add up a lot on this set. 

Thanks a lot for your help Fuppylodders, there was effectively an issue with the technic gears on top, where the wheels move the cars.. It was working well without the motor, but with the speed of the motor, it could not follow-up 

Have a question regarding battery box access. Going to have this on top of a 4x4 kallax which is 58" off the ground. Is the battery box going to be very difficult to reach? My other option would be to locate it in the front to the right of the transfer track. If I did that, would a 20" extension be needed or would the 8" suffice? 

what is the price now in July 2019 ?

for experienced players, do you think the price will have another drop sooner or later or is already saturated at its lowest now?

can this set (roller coaster) carries led light like ferris wheel 

Edited by ks6349

Finally managed to add this beauty to my collection (a combination of a little bit of extra money and a sufficient discount at a store I could walk into and buy the set from lead me to jump on it now before it gets harder to find from stores here in Australia that might have a discount on it) and its a fun build so far. Amazing set and I am glad I got one now before it became impossible to find at a good price.

Question for everyone here.  

I've had my roller coaster built for approximately 9 months.  In that time its been in my finished basement with absolutely no sunlight and minimal lights-on in general.  Looking at the set today I noticed that a significant number of the parts are yellowed (as if they were in the sun) but not consistently.  One part could be yellow and the part connected to it be bright white.  The set has only been built once so there is no possible explanation that I'm aware of for this.  Further, I thought that newer legos were protected against the yellowing that the old space sets experienced. 

Anyone have an issue with this???

1 hour ago, nychase said:

Question for everyone here.  

I've had my roller coaster built for approximately 9 months.  In that time its been in my finished basement with absolutely no sunlight and minimal lights-on in general.  Looking at the set today I noticed that a significant number of the parts are yellowed (as if they were in the sun) but not consistently.  One part could be yellow and the part connected to it be bright white.  The set has only been built once so there is no possible explanation that I'm aware of for this.  Further, I thought that newer legos were protected against the yellowing that the old space sets experienced. 

Anyone have an issue with this???

There are no yellowing issues with my set. 

However, I've noticed that the cars get stuck after not using it for several weeks. It gets better after running it for a while. The axles are not dirty nor are the tracks.

Hi all, first time poster to this magical site. I am having a tremendously difficult problem with the LEGO coaster.  I feel like I assembled everything correctly but once the cars go up the hill with the chain, the pieces come apart on the hill incline.  I keep trying to fix this but it’s really diminishing the fun factor for me and my daughter.  The chain works fine.  It’s just the construction of the incline that is the issue. 

Sorr.y, here is photo of what I am referring to.  I even tried to add more stability pieces to try and keep them in place. 

9CDC9ABC-311A-459F-A5C6-9FCA7E5F20D4.jpeg

On 10/1/2020 at 2:08 AM, Ericterps said:

Hi all, first time poster to this magical site. I am having a tremendously difficult problem with the LEGO coaster.  I feel like I assembled everything correctly but once the cars go up the hill with the chain, the pieces come apart on the hill incline.  I keep trying to fix this but it’s really diminishing the fun factor for me and my daughter.  The chain works fine.  It’s just the construction of the incline that is the issue. 

Sorr.y, here is photo of what I am referring to.  I even tried to add more stability pieces to try and keep them in place. 

9CDC9ABC-311A-459F-A5C6-9FCA7E5F20D4.jpeg

First thing, is it on a flat surface? This set doesn't like to have any differences of height on the surface its on. Secondly, are all the pieces definitely pressed together properly, like all the way together without leaving gaps? 

Thirdly, the chain does seem to make a difference if its too tight or too loose. Does yours currently have the exact amount of pieces as per the instructions? 

If it does, I'd then look at adding an extra link/removing a link and seeing how that goes. 

This is finally back in stock at Lego online store, and I have mine on order. Two questions; Is there an LDD of this available anywhere? Secondly, can the silly wheels at the top be removed and that section of track replaced with a slight downslope to get the cars rolling instead?

Thanks!