I think I have enough F1 models designed by RoscoPC or not? In the living room, LED lighting for lower models from LEGO:

38928332205_2434db1790_b.jpg

I know the wheels are hanging, inherent to the design and display solution. Otherwise not possible to have 12 in the living room.
I will find a solution some day. I don't like the 3 missing models much, so that's why I did not build them.
May be I will add Luca's next model but it has to be spectacular :)

Edited by Berthil

8 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

How much do you estimate was one only? *huh*

It's more precise than an estimate, I keep an Excel with all Bricklink orders and overhead costs like IKEA displays, LED lighting and model decals by Luca.

So with display method and all lights and decals it's well over 500 Euro per model.

3 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Wow, I saw them at LEGO World in 2016. They keep amazing me every time I see them. :wub: 

That's right, I had 11 with me back then. Transport wasn't easy but I managed to fit all of this in a MINI :)
Here 9 in custom made boxes. the two others I had in the front seat.

29544660523_b0f1f625a8_b.jpg

Very nice collection!  I have looked into building my two favorite (top left corner) but all the rare pieces put it on hold.

My personal favorite older F1 car is actually the Honda by Nico.  Have you seen that one?

Super glorious display.  I can't agree with leaving out the Brabham fan car though.  I've built that one and it is awesome.  You do have a couple of the newer ones that I never got around to.  I had a display at BrickCon in 2012.

800x1071.jpg

Just now, Blakbird said:

Super glorious display.  I can't agree with leaving out the Brabham fan car though.  I've built that one and it is awesome.  You do have a couple of the newer ones that I never got around to.  I had a display at BrickCon in 2012.

Thanks! And thank you for the excellent building instructions, a lot of work! It's just that I don't like the Brabham fan car color scheme with the red and dark blue. I appreciate the cars history and quality of build by Luca but I have to make choices although it already has gotten out of hand :)

This was my display at LEGO World in Utrecht 2016. Because of limited available space (everything is small and cramped in The Netherlands except average tallness of Dutch people) I kept them on their standard except one. Every day of the 7 day event I  displayed a different car in the spotlights. It was a magnet for men with small boys as you also must have noticed during BrickCon 2012.
Most asked question: ' where is Max verstappen?'. So if I display again I build Luca's last Ferrari in black, modify it a bit and put Redbull decals on it just to avoid that question a thousand times a day :) 

38941093455_82f6aed8bd_c.jpg

24969527517_7f61b248c2_c.jpg

24969526737_b82f26a877_c.jpg

38941092435_5f2330a842_c.jpg

38941092075_8d890037b2_c.jpg

34 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Sucks you have to modify 2 rare and expensive pieces to build one though...

What parts?

Very impressive collection!  I'm in the process of collecting the first two (Lotus and Westgate) and would also consider the Tyrell in time.  Expensive mocs because of the rare parts but totally worth it as your collection is magnificient!  Thanks for sharing the photos... The awe struck faces in those pictures say it all!

thats a beautiful collection and display case. I've only got the FW14B and MP4/4, they're broken up in their boxes at the moment as I don't have anywhere in the house to put them on permanent display which also means i've never printed off and added the stickers.

I'm still hoping one day he'll do the Lotus 97T and that will then complete my trilogy of great F1 cars

Holiday well spend, got IKEA Detolf No. 7, sprayed it silver and put the RoscoPC Matra MS80 in it. Also cleaned all other cabinets inside and outside. One spot left for model No. 14.

46490131462_1471a8533b_c.jpg

45696203394_463ae2762c_c.jpg

45506761355_0a61b922cb_c.jpg

2 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Nice collection! What is the 14th model?

Only Luca (RoscoPC) knows :)
Although I'm thinking about designing one myself, preferably the Alfa Romeo Alfetta 159 of Fangio.
After building 13 models I might have a go at it myself :)

Alfa-Romeo-159-(1951).jpg