Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

The sloop Mysterious Lady, aka the Gypsy

Launched from the docks of Bardo is this old merchant sloop, the Mysterious Lady. She has seen a lot of ports and a lot of owners in her day, a frequent traveler among the islands of the Sea of Storms. She is affectionately referred to as "The Gypsy" by her crew. Now purchased by Willem Guilder and refurbished, she is ready to sail again.

01_side.jpg

Hurrying to get underway, the crew is still busy getting things in order, even after setting for sea.

02e_crew_at_work.jpg

Cargo still needs to be stored below decks.

03_cargo.jpg

At least the sails are set properly, and the men can come down.

04_tall.jpg

The captain has the helm on the quarter deck.

05f_qtr_deck_2a.jpg

The cargo is now stored away, and the hatches are closed.

03z_hatches.jpg

The "Gypsy" sails to her new destination, a new lease on life.

06_tall_qtr.jpg

To be licensed as a class 3 trader. She is very similar to my Lady of Madrice.

As always, all C&C welcome.

20 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

This is a nice one, very simple, but smart...

I like the deck panels, how are they built ?

Thanks. By panels, do you mean the hatch covers? They're 1x1 bricks upside down on a 4x4 plate.

18 hours ago, Mike S said:

I like it! Nice and clean!:thumbup:

17 hours ago, Elostirion said:

One of the cleanest small ships I have seen in BOBS - great work!

Thanks both! The goal here was just a clean little ship, fully tiled, and playable.

This is a very nice little ship, I really like the dark tan for the deck and the whole thing looks fun to play with! :thumbup: 

24 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Thanks. By panels, do you mean the hatch covers? They're 1x1 bricks upside down on a 4x4 plate.

yes... simple and very good rending !

Sleek ship with nice colors! If I had to change anything, it would be the transition of the upper section of the bow (although admittedly this spot is notoriously difficult to build as I, too, was struggling while building my ships in the past)

A very nice, clean little sloop Capt Wolf. I especially like the colour scheme and the 1x1 headlight bricks as a grate.

22 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

This is a very nice little ship, I really like the dark tan for the deck and the whole thing looks fun to play with! :thumbup: 

Thanks. I had to go dark tan; otherwise it'd just be a big brown blob! :pir-grin:

20 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Sleek ship with nice colors! If I had to change anything, it would be the transition of the upper section of the bow (although admittedly this spot is notoriously difficult to build as I, too, was struggling while building my ships in the past)

Thanks. Re colors, I wanted to use the sand green on a ship. As for the bow, I played around with other options (hinged plates and bricks, etc.) but didn't find a combination that worked. It's a small space. (Actually, I did find a potential alternative, but don't have the pieces in the right colors. So I may have a revised bow in the future.)

3 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

A very nice, clean little sloop Capt Wolf. I especially like the colour scheme and the 1x1 headlight bricks as a grate.

Thanks! It took some experimenting to get a color scheme with the sand green that worked, and I am quite pleased with how the grates look. I love that I can remove them and pose figures partially in the hold.

Very nice sloop Capt. Wolf, these sails look great and I like how you've built the hatch.