Waterbrick Down

Heroica RPG - Quest #159: An Unexpected Return

3 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran shrugs. "Blow it up, means nothing to me. It's just bricks and mortar. Make sure nobody is left inside though." With a irritated frown Ezeran boards the Magpie again awaiting the others.

Vindsval stands about in a haze barely able to keep the conversation in order let along understand all the tete a tete going on.  It would seem the battle haze of the vindicator is leaving him more and more muddled in its aftermath each time he utilizes the powers he is give.

Wanderer in your wisdom, you bestow strange gift.  Let my wits last long enough to see this through. he whispers quietly to himself.

He does however catch the discussion on destroying the fort.

I agree with Ezeran, if this place is to be destroyed we will be certain by all the gods of above, of below, and of the nine worlds that there is none caught within the blast.

15 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Who's Kayla?..."

"Her sister..."

6 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

32975768481_c1e3d30c52_t.jpg
"Better off there then lettin' the Bonapartes retake this fort. Most of the cannon are destroyed, we wouldn't have much of a chance at survival. We don't really have that much of a choice."

QM Note: Right now, Throlar is the only one vocally opposing the destruction of the fort. If there are others who feel the same please state so, otherwise we're going to move ahead with the majority of expressed opinions.

"I love a good explosion as much as the next man - but we probably should at least send off a Z-Mail before we do it. Otherwise, I fear we're leaping at confrontation when diplomacy might avail...like our recent battle."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

7 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

32975768481_c1e3d30c52_t.jpg
"Better off there then lettin' the Bonapartes retake this fort. Most of the cannon are destroyed, we wouldn't have much of a chance at survival. We don't really have that much of a choice."

QM Note: Right now, Throlar is the only one vocally opposing the destruction of the fort. If there are others who feel the same please state so, otherwise we're going to move ahead with the majority of expressed opinions.

Couldn't they just re-build the place? Heck, they might make the place strong and better. 

19 minutes ago, Lind Whisperer said:

"I love a good explosion as much as the next man - but we probably should at least send off a Z-Mail before we do it. Otherwise, I fear we're leaping at confrontation when diplomacy might avail...like our recent battle."

Where you not paying attention? We don't know if the z-mail is even working. 

13 hours ago, Flipz said:

Arthur shrugs.  "Ask the Founders, they're the ones who hijacked the system.  From the sounds of it, though, the Doomsayer was the one in charge of all their mystical junk, so with him out of commission it should be back to normal?"  Arthur shrugged and pulled some pink parchment and a corresponding envelope out of his pack.  "If you want to test it, feel free to dictate a letter to me, and I'll see if I can send it off."

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

Where you not paying attention? We don't know if the z-mail is even working. 

"If we send one off, and it doesn't work, then we blow it up. If we don't at least try and send one off, we're not putting enough effort into this...oh, give me a minute..."

"Dear Bonapartes! The fort is safely in Hero hands! Please respond, the Z-Mail System is once more operational!

There, that should do the trick, without starting any unprovoked incidents...Just so long as they don't hate Heroes...ah, well, at least it's honest." The Black Knight mused.

Borrowing a piece of paper from Arthur unless Flipz would rather not, he jotted down a short note.

Dear Bonapartes! The fort is safely in Hero hands! Please respond, the Z-Mail System is once more operational!

"There...Anything anyone thinks I should change? We need to keep it short - those ships are bearing down on us.

Hmm..." He thought a moment, and did some scribbling. "Anyone have any idea who's in charge of any of those ships? Need someone to direct this towards...and I've never been very familiar with the Bonapartes."

Edited by Lind Whisperer

Horc reins Torc around, surveying the group of Heroicans.

"If any of you would rather be aflight than on a ship, now's your chance."

On 9/21/2018 at 8:56 PM, Flipz said:

Arthur shrugs.  "Ask the Founders, they're the ones who hijacked the system.  From the sounds of it, though, the Doomsayer was the one in charge of all their mystical junk, so with him out of commission it should be back to normal?"  Arthur shrugged and pulled some pink parchment and a corresponding envelope out of his pack.  "If you want to test it, feel free to dictate a letter to me, and I'll see if I can send it off."

"Okay... okay. I think I can do that."

"To Hestia Bonaparte, The Falconer, aboard the... the... at sea.

"Madam,

The battle is over, the fortress is pacified, the prisoners are freed, and the Founders and their allies have surrendered to us. However, they have no intention of surrendering to you. The sailors in this fort went to the trouble of throwing you out and they have no intention of letting you back in. And... and neither do we. Everyone here is in agreement that you've done a poor job as protectors of Eubric can't be allowed to resume your position of power in the city. This may sound harsh, but I assure you I'm being moderate here. Everyone else is preparing to blow the fort to high heaven. Currently I'm the only one trying the diplomatic option so listening to me is your best chance of getting out of this with anything. If you come in peacefully and don't try anything we'll be able to talk this out later and come to a agreement. You won't get everything you want, but you won't have to fight us either.

"Now, about that 'later' I mentioned. The fact is, although I'd like to have any negotiations take place as soon as possible we have bigger fish to fry. The Archdemon Rosier has infested the city and is currently trying to, and may already have, find and use a portal to- gods I hope she believes this- a portal to a city that allows access to uncountable inhabited worlds. I don't have time to explain why this is happening but if they succeed then not only will they slaughter the inhabitants but they'll be able to access all the worlds in existence. We would've tried to deal with them earlier but unfortunately we were forced to choose between that and dealing with the Founders. However, some of those with us went off to at least try and delay them, specifically The Feathered Serpent, The Copper Fox, and The Sand Queen some of your fellow Veterans and, unless I'm misinterpreting this horribly, your friends. In all honesty they're probably dead right now, but if you care at all about the safety of this city and the memory of the people you've spent your life working with, then I ask that you join us in avenging them rather than fighting us for pride's sake."

Throlar stopped momentarily, then, with a look that said 'oh to hell with it' continued;

"However, if you choose to continue to attack instead, to dishonor the sacrifice of your fellow Veterans and choose your own petty squabbles over the safety of... well, everyone everywhere- then not only will we scythe the fort from the face of the planet with an ungodly amount of explosives, but once we're done with Rosier we'll throw you and anyone still loyal to you into the sea.

"Sincerely yours,

"Throlar  Wineghilm."

"There, I hope that works." said Throlar, hoping against all hope that his diplomatic skills would prevail.

5 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"If we do destroy the fort, I'll take the ship. But thanks for the offer."

Edited by Lord Duvors

5 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Okay... okay. I think I can do that."

"To Hestia Bonaparte, The Falconer, aboard the... the... at sea.

"Madam,

The battle is over, the fortress is pacified, the prisoners are freed, and the Founders and their allies have surrendered to us. However, they have no intention of surrendering to you. The sailors in this fort went to the trouble of throwing you out and they have no intention of letting you back in. And... and neither do we. Everyone here is in agreement that you've done a poor job as protectors of Eubric can't be allowed to resume your position of power in the city. This may sound harsh, but I assure you I'm being moderate here. Everyone else is preparing to blow the fort to high heaven. Currently I'm the only one trying the diplomatic option so listening to me is your best chance of getting out of this with anything. If you come in peacefully and don't try anything we'll be able to talk this out later and come to a agreement. You won't get everything you want, but you won't have to fight us either.

"Now, about that 'later' I mentioned. The fact is, although I'd like to have any negotiations take place as soon as possible we have bigger fish to fry. The Archdemon Rosier has infested the city and is currently trying to, and may already have, find and use a portal to- gods I hope she believes this- a portal to a city that allows access to uncountable inhabited worlds. I don't have time to explain why this is happening but if they succeed then not only will they slaughter the inhabitants but they'll be able to access all the worlds in existence. We would've tried to deal with them earlier but unfortunately we were forced to choose between that and dealing with the Founders. However, some of those with us went off to at least try and delay them, specifically The Feathered Serpent, The Copper Fox, and The Sand Queen some of your fellow Veterans and, unless I'm misinterpreting this horribly, your friends. In all honesty they're probably dead right now, but if you care at all about the safety of this city and the memory of the people you've spent your life working with, then I ask that you join us in avenging them rather than fighting us for pride's sake."

Throlar stopped momentarily, then, with a look that said 'oh to hell with it' continued;

"However, if you choose to continue to attack instead, to dishonor the sacrifice of your fellow Veterans and choose your own petty squabbles over the safety of... well, everyone everywhere- then not only will we scythe the fort from the face of the planet with an ungodly amount of explosives, but once we're done with Rosier we'll throw you and anyone still loyal to you into the sea.

"Sincerely yours,

"Throlar  Wineghilm."

"'...yours...Throlar...Wineghilm.'  There we go."  The Skirmisher neatly folds the parchment, lays it within the envelope, and utters the activation phrase.  "I've got Z-mail."  With a burst of pink smoke, the parchment vanishes from Arthur's hands, sent off to its intended recipient.  "I'll be honest," he adds, "I don't have high hopes the Bonapartes will be reasonable--Hestia was always the best of them, and look how far that got the city, after all--but at least we can say we tried."

11 hours ago, UsernameMDM said:

"I'll take you up on that.  I've some things I'd like to discuss with Illdria at a later date, but..."  The Skirmisher glances at Patricia.  "...Let's just say I'd much rather not share a boat with the Watch and leave it at that."

Edited by Flipz

"While sending a Zmail is great. It won't help us get a reply if they don't have a mage on board."

I glance at the note and chuckle a little.

"I doubt you could state your terms so plainly with any other house, but Hestia should understand...hopefully. I guess it's time to see whether she's more of a Bonaparte or more of a hero. Not sure how much power she has though? What about Blackgull?"

Edited by Palathadric

On 9/22/2018 at 2:02 AM, The Legonater said:

Hello to you too, Illdria. I'm afraid we've made a bit of a mess, sure, but luckily you know a lot of Heroes who have full pockets to reimburse you with. 

16403890313_9ffb0c7a7d_t.jpg
"Ah Dyric," Illdria smirked, "Don't tell me you were part of this little rescue attempt that nearly sank my ship? I assume your organization will be paying the transportation fees for all these folks." The marauder smiled before turning to her crew.

"Well hurry up then, let's get her off the beach. Make sure any cracks in the hull get patched up other wise we'll be a sitting duck out there."

On 9/22/2018 at 8:21 AM, samurai-turtle said:

Couldn't they just re-build the place? Heck, they might make the place strong and better. 

"Those ships are filled with sailors, chap, not masons. If they want any chance at rebuilding they're going to need to convince the city to let 'em do it."

11 hours ago, Flipz said:

"'...yours...Throlar...Wineghilm.'  There we go."  The Skirmisher neatly folds the parchment, lays it within the envelope, and utters the activation phrase.  "I've got Z-mail."  With a burst of pink smoke, the parchment vanishes from Arthur's hands, sent off to its intended recipient.  "I'll be honest," he adds, "I don't have high hopes the Bonapartes will be reasonable--Hestia was always the best of them, and look how far that got the city, after all--but at least we can say we tried."

The envelope disappears and a few moments later another poofs into existence near Throlar.

To Throlar Wineghilm,

My daughter Attina currently commands the fleet and she has no intention of standing down, I will attempt to dissuade her course of action, however you must realize that if you continue on your current path that you are condoning a mutiny in her eyes. The Bonaparte fleet aided you in helping retake the fort and the fact that you are so quickly turning coat, no matter the reason, will not sit well with her or the remaining crews. As a Bonaparte, I cannot agree with you and urge you to stand down otherwise you will be a casualty of the punishment against those sailors that Attina is prepared to dole out. However, as a member of Heroica, I urge you to run, heads are too hot right now for negotiations, blow the fort if you must. Walls can be rebuilt, cannons refounded, and harbors redug, but lives that are spent can never be returned and a head to head meeting at this time will only end in bloodshed. See to it that you save the other veterans and ensure those Founders are put in their place.

Regards,

Hestia Bonaparte

As scribed by Lt. G Bullsworth

13 hours ago, Flipz said:

"Well there's not much else we can do at the moment. The best can do is ho-"

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The envelope disappears and a few moments later another poofs into existence near Throlar.

Throlar stopped speaking for a moment as he read the letter. "Damn!" he said when he finished, "Hestia isn't actually in charge out there and may not be able to stop the attack. We'll have to leave as fast as possible. And does anyone have a tonic? My ether is completely drained and I have a feeling It'll be needed again shortly."

2 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Those ships are filled with sailors, chap, not masons. If they want any chance at rebuilding they're going to need to convince the city to let 'em do it."

I didn't mean five seconds after we blow the place up. You, stupid... Germ started to rub his head, like he was getting a headache. 

On 9/22/2018 at 5:14 PM, UsernameMDM said:

Germ wonders if getting on a dragon is a good move. He takes a quick look around to see if the Vermilion Wyvern was still around. For some reason Torc look like the dragon that threw Germ earlier. And not wanting to take another trip like again, he rather get on a more neutral dragon... 

On 9/22/2018 at 8:41 AM, Asphalt said:

Vindsval stands about in a haze barely able to keep the conversation in order let along understand all the tete a tete going on.

Matthias likewise finds himself unable to keep up with the swirl of conversations, reunions, diplomacy, and planning going on around him, though despite himself he does enjoy hearing a few other heroes heckle Whisperer.

On 9/22/2018 at 5:14 PM, UsernameMDM said:

The gnome finds himself reaching up to hold Chesterine's hand. "Fancy another dragon ride?" He regrets his words immediately.

3 hours ago, Lord Duvors said:

"Well there's not much else we can do at the moment. The best can do is ho-"

Throlar stopped speaking for a moment as he read the letter. "Damn!" he said when he finished, "Hestia isn't actually in charge out there and may not be able to stop the attack. We'll have to leave as fast as possible. And does anyone have a tonic? My ether is completely drained and I have a feeling It'll be needed again shortly."

"Well, that didn't work...

Afraid I don't have any tonics, but there's a few of them in all of this loot we need to divvy up - and by the way, does anyone have a spare Nostrum?"

1100 Gold
4 Grand Tonic
2 Greater Tonic
2 Water Bomb
3 Remedy
Grand Potion
Greater Potion
2 Deadly Venom
3 Dragon Scale
3 Dragon Skull
90 Fire Bomb

OoC: Regarding the loot, my preferences would be (in order) Deadly Venom/Gold/Scales/Skull. If anyone has a Nostrum they don't mind parting with, could definitely work something out there instead. Kind of would like to try a Deadly Venom though...can add some of my own Gold to the pile if necessary to balance things out.

Edited by Lind Whisperer

"Personally, there's no reason to blow this fort up. We're wasting time messing around here. I say we leave it."

On September 22, 2018 at 2:01 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

37882213505_38378f6f79_t.jpg
"Perhaps your perspectives on her are tainted from other involvements. I think you'll find given actual resources her ideas for a better and safer Eubric are more sound then you'd actually give her credit for."

heroicanpc-patriciacousland.jpg
"You lot caused a whole lot of headaches the past couple of weeks, some of you I can't say I was surprised, others it's a soddin' shame. I ain't here offerin' apologies and I doubt you lot are of a mind to either. Suffice it to say, I've got some good men that I wished hadn't gotten tangled up in all this mess. Good men who trusted you lot and I had little choice but to send to the gallows if we wanted to have some sort of standard. Whatever we're going into next, you just make sure those men, like Hoples... like Grash... make sure you don't give them a hope you can't deliver on."

"Such as being complicit in building the wall?" Karie replies. "A decision that seemed to only embolden the Wolfgang and drive more to their cause. A woman who backed the Houses and saw their status quo cemented? I don't believe Patricia is fit to sit in a position of authority over the Watch."

Karie turns to look at Patricia when she opens her mouth and begins to speak. This was Patricia. Here in the flesh. Her decorated uniform and her pursed lips. Right in front of her was the woman who killed her sister. She remembered what felt like ages ago when Arthur pieced it together, that she and Kayla were sisters. She remembered for years thinking about how she'd end Patricia's life should she ever be in a position to do so. She looked at Arthur as a rush of adrenaline began to surge through her body.  She knew this decision crossed the line and then some, but this was it. This was the moment.

"Patricia." There was a pause. She never expected to get this far. She never expected to get answers to this lingering question. "Why did you kill my sister? Why did you kill Violetta the Cat Burglar?"

2 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"Personally, there's no reason to blow this fort up. We're wasting time messing around here. I say we leave it."

"We just fought our way into it, and there are ships coming to take it back.

I think I speak for at least a few other people when I say, I'd really rather not have to come back and capture it again."

"Such as being complicit in building the wall?" Karie replies. "A decision that seemed to only embolden the Wolfgang and drive more to their cause. A woman who backed the Houses and saw their status quo cemented? I don't believe Patricia is fit to sit in a position of authority over the Watch."

Karie turns to look at Patricia when she opens her mouth and begins to speak. This was Patricia. Here in the flesh. Her decorated uniform and her pursed lips. Right in front of her was the woman who killed her sister. She remembered what felt like ages ago when Arthur pieced it together, that she and Kayla were sisters. She remembered for years thinking about how she'd end Patricia's life should she ever be in a position to do so. She looked at Arthur as a rush of adrenaline began to surge through her body.  She knew this decision crossed the line and then some, but this was it. This was the moment.

"Patricia." There was a pause. She never expected to get this far. She never expected to get answers to this lingering question. "Why did you kill my sister? Why did you kill Violetta the Cat Burglar?"

Lind heard the tone in Karie's voice, and carefully stepped closer, guarding her back in case things went south.

"Ah Dyric," Illdria smirked, "Don't tell me you were part of this little rescue attempt that nearly sank my ship?"

It, uh, may have been partially my idea. But, it seems to have worked out, all things considered.

2 hours ago, StickFig said:

The gnome finds himself reaching up to hold Chesterine's hand. "Fancy another dragon ride?" He regrets his words immediately.

Dyric gave a small smirk at the gnome's flirtations, when Karie exploded in anger behind him. 

18 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

Surprised at the outburst, and uncertain as to the outcome, Dyric reached back for a bolt in his quiver, ready to back up Karie if things went south. 

Edited by The Legonater

"Karie...I respect your...misfortune, but really do you have to do this now? Can you put aside your squabble for the time being while we try to save this city once again> You are just cementing the idea that these people have in their minds that heroes are all about looking for their personal interests. I'm sorry about your sister, I still don't know all that happened, but I think we must prioritize on saving the living before we attempt to avenge the dead."

Edited by Palathadric

20 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Germ wonders if getting on a dragon is a good move. He takes a quick look around to see if the Vermilion Wyvern was still around. For some reason Torc look like the dragon that threw Germ earlier. And not wanting to take another trip like again, he rather get on a more neutral dragon... 

Germ spots the Vermilion Wyvern looking somewhat intimidated in the presence of Torc and Luxidious.

19 hours ago, StickFig said:

26214449057_f7b14609f4_t.jpg
"Depends... what sort of world are you intending to show me this time?"

17 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"In my time with the watch I have executed many brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, and children. Every one of them had a reason of why they should be above the law, why they should be the exception to the rule. Without laws, without order, or an expectation of what behavior is acceptable and allows society to grow and flourish without fear or terror, who are we? What makes you believe your sister deserved to be free of the consequences of her actions?"

36 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"In my time with the watch I have executed many brothers, sisters, husbands, wives, and children. Every one of them had a reason of why they should be above the law, why they should be the exception to the rule. Without laws, without order, or an expectation of what behavior is acceptable and allows society to grow and flourish without fear or terror, who are we? What makes you believe your sister deserved to be free of the consequences of her actions?"

"Do not speak to me about law and order, Patricia!" Karie snarled, raising the tone of her voice. The anger in her words boiled over like water boiling out of a pot. "You agreed to help the Founders install themselves as the Council of Peace and Prosperity. Where in those actions is there anything that resembles law and order? You actively worked outside of the law in order to install the Founders as the leaders of Eubric." Karie looked ready to jump on Patricia at any moment. "You're worse than a criminal in my book, Patricia. The common thief is more virtuous than you. You turned your back on this city and backed a foreign invader." She sharply points back to Eubric while still facing the murderer of her sister. "That explosion earlier, Patricia? The one from the city? That was the wall between the Hovels and the rest of the city being blown to kingdom come. Ulric and the Wolfgang have made more progress in stemming crime in this city by blowing up that wall and addressing the root cause of this cities criminal element than you have in your entire tenure as Captain of the City Watch." Karie breathed heavily. She was basically shouting at Patricia while she glared at her. 

"You butchered my sister in an alleyway when Arthur offered to hand her over to you, to allow them the opportunity to redeem themselves, and you denied it. Now, I'm going to ask you again, because you seem to have dodged my question. I don't want to be preached to about law and order from someone who doesn't believe in it. I want you to tell me why you killed my sister.

20 hours ago, Lind Whisperer said:

Afraid I don't have any tonics, but there's a few of them in all of this loot we need to divvy up - and by the way, does anyone have a spare Nostrum?"

OoC: Regarding the loot, my preferences would be (in order) Deadly Venom/Gold/Scales/Skull. If anyone has a Nostrum they don't mind parting with, could definitely work something out there instead. Kind of would like to try a Deadly Venom though...can add some of my own Gold to the pile if necessary to balance things out.

If I give you one, would you shut up? 

Germ spots the Vermilion Wyvern looking somewhat intimidated in the presence of Torc and Luxidious.

Germ tries to see if the Wyvern could understand him. So what are your plans now? 

38 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"You butchered my sister in an alleyway when Arthur offered to hand her over to you, to allow them the opportunity to redeem themselves, and you denied it. Now, I'm going to ask you again, because you seem to have dodged my question. I don't want to be preached to about law and order from someone who doesn't believe in it. I want you to tell me why you killed my sister.

Couldn't help but over hear the "shouting". And tried to be intimidating (again)...

Admit it Lady, you have know idea who she is talking about. You kill so many "people" they all blurred together now. Germ hiss at the "Town Watch" officer. 

OoC:

I too am wondering if

@CMP is going distribute the loot or is he planning to keep it all for himself?  

@Waterbrick Down I am wondering is the "bomb guy" still open? I think I might want to fuse some bombs together...

3 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Do not speak to me about law and order, Patricia!" Karie snarled, raising the tone of her voice. The anger in her words boiled over like water boiling out of a pot. "You agreed to help the Founders install themselves as the Council of Peace and Prosperity. Where in those actions is there anything that resembles law and order? You actively worked outside of the law in order to install the Founders as the leaders of Eubric." Karie looked ready to jump on Patricia at any moment. "You're worse than a criminal in my book, Patricia. The common thief is more virtuous than you. You turned your back on this city and backed a foreign invader." She sharply points back to Eubric while still facing the murderer of her sister. "That explosion earlier, Patricia? The one from the city? That was the wall between the Hovels and the rest of the city being blown to kingdom come. Ulric and the Wolfgang have made more progress in stemming crime in this city by blowing up that wall and addressing the root cause of this cities criminal element than you have in your entire tenure as Captain of the City Watch." Karie breathed heavily. She was basically shouting at Patricia while she glared at her. 

"Outside the law? Apparently when the heads of the houses turned out to be murderers, warmongers, traitors, abusers, grave-robbers, and worse, who do you think served their arrest warrants? Those Founders had more right to this city than any of you lot did. Don't talk to me about the law when your own kin was shagging up the head of Eubric's entire underground crime syndicate. Do you know how many of your fellow heroes were backing that illegitimate mob boss, even some of your own veterans were helping him on the side. I killed your sister because she deserved to die, her chance at redemption ended whenever you decided to keep her out of your life, so don't  you dare come here blaming me for your own failure."

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Germ tries to see if the Wyvern could understand him. So what are your plans now? 

Couldn't help but over hear the "shouting". And tried to be intimidating (again)...

Admit it Lady, you have know idea who she is talking about. You kill so many "people" they all blurred together now. Germ hiss at the "Town Watch" officer. 

QM Note: The marketplace is still closed, so no bomb merchant.

The wyvern doesn't seem capable of understanding Germ as the demon turns to the arguing Patricia and Karie,

"Stay out of this rogue, I remember that girl, that thorn in my side. She played me and she played your whole organization for fools and when her ruin finally caught up with her I was glad to be the one to see her pay her due."

53 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Outside the law? Apparently when the heads of the houses turned out to be murderers, warmongers, traitors, abusers, grave-robbers, and worse, who do you think served their arrest warrants? Those Founders had more right to this city than any of you lot did. Don't talk to me about the law when your own kin was shagging up the head of Eubric's entire underground crime syndicate. Do you know how many of your fellow heroes were backing that illegitimate mob boss, even some of your own veterans were helping him on the side. I killed your sister because she deserved to die, her chance at redemption ended whenever you decided to keep her out of your life, so don't  you dare come here blaming me for your own failure."

"I was three!" Karie exclaims. "I did not decide to keep her out of my life! She made a choice to make sure I had something, a future outside of the Hovels! There was good in her, and you cut her down!" Karie didn't realize it but she had been moving closer and closer to Patrica throughout the argument, her emotions and her guttural anger swelling forth. Karie couldn't remember being this hateful. "How dare you chide me and pin this on me! This has nothing to do with what others have done, Patricia! Just you and what you did to Kayla!" Karie drew her Heirloom Dagger and pointed it at Patricia. She wasn't within striking distance, but with a good enough run... one slash against the throat and she'd have done it. Kayla would be avenged.

1 hour ago, Waterbrick Down said:

The wyvern doesn't seem capable of understanding Germ as the demon turns to the arguing Patricia and Karie,

"Stay out of this rogue, I remember that girl, that thorn in my side. She played me and she played your whole organization for fools and when her ruin finally caught up with her I was glad to be the one to see her pay her due."

"Stay out of my way, Germ! This doesn't involve you." Karie doesn't even turn to look at Germ as she shouts at him. She continues to speak to Patricia, although it was more shouting at this point. "This doesn't involve anyone else but me and Cousland, and if anyone dares step between the two of us I'll personally shout you off the ramparts!"

"You'd murder someone who's down and can't answer for themselves. You're a coward, Patricia. You're a snivelling, coward. How many people have you executed who stole to feed their families? How many people were executed because they were stuck in a cycle of greed you stood to uphold?" Karie could do it. She knew she could do it. All it would take is a flick of her wrist. She took a step forward. "You're lucky, Patricia, you're actually conscious and able to defend yourself. Why shouldn't you deserve to die?"

42 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"I was three!" Karie exclaims. "I did not decide to keep her out of my life! She made a choice to make sure I had something, a future outside of the Hovels! There was good in her, and you cut her down!" Karie didn't realize it but she had been moving closer and closer to Patrica throughout the argument, her emotions and her guttural anger swelling forth. Karie couldn't remember being this hateful. "How dare you chide me and pin this on me! This has nothing to do with what others have done, Patricia! Just you and what you did to Kayla!" Karie drew her Heirloom Dagger and pointed it at Patricia. She wasn't within striking distance, but with a good enough run... one slash against the throat and she'd have done it. Kayla would be avenged.

"And how many years after that did you avoid her, how many years did you try and forget her? Did you even look for your sister? That girl's death is on her own hands and if you feel some sort of guilt for not being there to fix her, that is something you'll need to live with."

42 minutes ago, Kintobor said:

"You'd murder someone who's down and can't answer for themselves. You're a coward, Patricia. You're a snivelling, coward. How many people have you executed who stole to feed their families? How many people were executed because they were stuck in a cycle of greed you stood to uphold?" Karie could do it. She knew she could do it. All it would take is a flick of her wrist. She took a step forward. "You're lucky, Patricia, you're actually conscious and able to defend yourself. Why shouldn't you deserve to die?"

"You think an apology would have saved her? That she would have gotten off scot-free? How many bakers deserve to have their bread stolen, how many fishermen their catch? What right do the suffering have to take out their suffering on others?" Patricia eyed the dagger, "Is that it? You're so miserable that you can't stand to be alone with your hurt, so instead you have to inflict it upon others? Do you think that'll satisfy your rage, do you think it'll end here? How many more will suffer at your hand? When will the world be 'fair' enough in your eyes for you to stow your blade? You want to kill me? Go ahead, but if you're looking for a reason to justify your action, I won't be giving you that satisfaction."

5 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

"I'm afraid that last request is impossible," the Black Knight said with a half-grin. "But I'd be happy to buy one - or, I could give you second pick of anything I pull off Rosier* - or some combination there-of."

He reached into his pocket, and pulled out 50 Gold. "Seeing as how the Market's closed, I figure a bit above Market price is only fair."

*OoC: I. e., Germ gets second pick of any loot Lind nabs off of Rosier(Assuming that that doesn't wreck the fun for anyone else.).

I originally was offering 80, but Lind wouldn't know that the prices got hiked up so high, since he was down in the sewers the whole time. Please feel free to barter up, but I can't go past 100 - if I get KO'd early on, without looting anything, anything over 100 isn't worth it.

QM Note: The marketplace is still closed, so no bomb merchant.

Lind quickly caught the gist of what Germ was trying to accomplish.

@Flare "Hey, Benji - as a Prophet, don't you have Glossolalia?

Could you talk to this Wyvern for us, and find out what it's plans are? We might like to take a quick ride, if it's amenable to the idea..."

Edited by Lind Whisperer