Ayrlego

[MRCA Cor] The detention of Captain Tyrell - NEW CONTENT

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

And let me be clear here. The Icarus Returning is a ship. Ships are not sentient beings, and cannot commit Piracy. The Crew of the Icarus Returning are Crew. The Crew follows the will of the captain, and thus are probably not sentient. Holding non sentient beings on charges committed by someone else is cruel and unusual. 

*huh*

Mwahahahahaha...  :iamded_lol:

Let's set a trial about Human Rights and Non-Human Rights

Edited by Professor Thaum

After receiving the Countess' letter, James Hume summons the commander of the militia, Captain Stanley, and the commander of the regulars, Captain Willard to his office.

25277490988_c7b682cc87_z.jpg

"Gentlemen, I have received further correspondence from the WTC which I believe contains thinly veiled threats of civil unrest from the interned WTC crew here. Therefore, although it pains me to do so, they are to be immediately detained in the town goal in the same manner as their captain. Please make it so."

39113108272_c560d6dea3_z.jpg

And so now, as a direct result of WTC posturing, both the Captain and crew are contained under heavy guard in the town gaol.

@Bregir

Mooreton Bay, 18 December 617AE

His Excellency the Colonial Governor of the Southern Isles, Captain Jonathon Cooke RN.

Dear Sir,

I write to inform you of events surrounding the detention of the captain and crew of the WTC Icarus Returning. As you will already be aware, Captain Tyrell has been under arrest for a week now since the seizure of his vessel. The crew have now joined him in this state of arrest after several thinly veiled threats of civil unrest from their masters in the WTC. Although I believe the situation to be under hand right now, I write this note to inform you that I expect trouble from the WTC, possibly even before the trial begins.

I remain Sir,

Your most obedient servant,

James Hume

Mayor of Mooreton Bay

Edited by Ayrlego

1 minute ago, Ayrlego said:

...And so now, as a direct result of WTC posturing, both the Captain and crew are contained under heavy guard in the town goal...

:pir-laugh: 

I like where this is going. :pir-grin:

P.S. It's gaol, if you mean jail... :pir-wink:

Just now, Kai NRG said:

P.S. It's gaol, if you mean jail... :pir-wink:

:pir-blush: oops! Thanks Kai!

This is really becoming an interesting story. The builds and story are a create combination. Kudos to all of those involved in this.

@Mesabi

--------

Mooreton Bay, 18 December 617AE

The Lady Agnes Mesabi, Countess of Debonshire and Acting Head of the WTC

Ma'am,

Allow me to reiterate what I so patiently explained to your college Kadeus Mordo. A WTC Captain and Crew are accused of High Seas Piracy and will be tried in a Court as per the laws of Corrington. This is not my doing. I am following lawful orders from the Admiralty who, as you are well aware, oversee the administration of the colonies. The financial concerns of your company are of no relevance to me in the execution of these orders. To suggest the Crown would pay you compensation for holding your vessel is quite simply preposterous, however should you wish to pursue this course of action, I suggest you take it up with the Admiralty, not myself. 

You are quite right however, to remind me that the crew are my responsibility. As such I have ordered them under arrest and had them placed in gaol to remove any temptation for as you state, the opportunity for " Razing, Piracy, Murder, Theft, Drunkenness, and Assassination". 

Lastly, I have had correspondence with Admiral Fletcher regarding the WTC Icarus Returning. You or your agents are free to collect the ship, minus the current crew and captain. I shall gladly order the ship turned over to the WTC at the first available opportunity.

James Hume

Mayor of Mooreton Bay

On 18-12-2017 at 1:01 PM, Ayrlego said:

Firstly, you seem to be under the impression that your company somehow holds equal standing with the Colonial authorities and the Regular forces of Her Majesty. Let me disabuse you of this notion now. The WTC is a private entity that bears no official standing in the management of Her Majesty's Colonies in New Terra.

Case closed I guess??

I mean, why all the bombastic acting of Corrington if they don't even consider the WTC as an official entity of Corrington?

Did the WTC attack some Sea Rats? Well yes they did. But in name of the WTC, not in name of Corrington (as you state yourself, they have no equal standing with a Corrington army).

It is my opinion that an action of an individual is the choice of that individual. If an individual decides to become a mercenary, fighting with the Mokolei against Pan, are you going to trial him for this choice? I don't want to feed all the people who left their home looking for a new adventure abroad.

It seems the captain of the Icarus Returning made a mistake by attacking a Sea Rat vessel. Due some miscommunication, (there are no cell phones, remember?), he heard Corrington was in a state of war with the Sea Rats. When arriving in port, it turns out he made a huge mistake. The WTC already tried to negotiate with the Sea Rats to restore the situation. Shouldn't this be enough for Corrington?

Why the need for blowing this minor situation up? Is it to cover the fact that there still is no solution in the Corrington - Sea Rats struggle?

----------------------

Anyway, I love this here! So much fun to read. Please keep continuing!

At Ayrlego: great jail and office you made!

Edited by Maxim I

Surely, you understand the difference between a government entity and a civilian one?

Wow, great developments! I like the story so far, and the builds are always nice! I’m looking forward to seeing Captain Tyrell’s trial (or escape, or absolution...)!