Sign in to follow this  
Mesabi

[AMCRA-Mesabi] Southbound and Down

Just to clarify - the micro license was meant as a reward for the "split up" option. I see now that this may have been lost in LM's text layout. Only goes to show that layout matters (Lessons learned, @LM71Blackbird :) ) The 100 dbs will only be added if that option is taken, though. @Mesabi, @Drunknok

1 minute ago, Bregir said:

Just to clarify - the micro license was meant as a reward for the "split up" option. I see now that this may have been lost in LM's text layout. Only goes to show that layout matters (Lessons learned, @LM71Blackbird :) ) The 100 dbs will only be added if that option is taken, though. @Mesabi, @Drunknok

:facepalm: How the meaning can change when you push the enter key one too many times...

41 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Eh... :thumbdown:

So this was really not clear at all, it felt like "here are your options, also: these are the rewards". This was NOT meant to force @Mesabi into this option, we both assumed it was something gained regardless of the option taken.

The licensing has been done already, so I do not know who is in charge of reversing it.

@Bregir Whoops! That was a bit confusing. 

So, what would the AMCRA group like to do about the issue?

As @Drunknok did an excellent build, and invested time away from his other projects on it, I would like to see it continue to be licensed, however.

The license stands but as I said, the 100 DBs will only be added if you take the relevant option.

8 minutes ago, Bregir said:

The license stands but as I said, the 100 DBs will only be added if you take the relevant option.

Thanks, a reasonable solution. :thumbup:

Thank you @Bregir! Feel free to reduce my rewards when I end this adventure. 

10 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Thank you @Bregir! Feel free to reduce my rewards when I end this adventure. 

No worries.

Next there is any doubt, feel free to ask. I will pummel the AMRCA committee into more care when it comes to clarity. :P

Chapter 7a: Escaping the Palace

Option Taken: Escape

Another Kemblar Soldier charged the Count. The Count fired one of his pistols, striking the soldier in the head, killing him.

43984943021_00a6deb48d_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

The surviving members of the party crowded into a small library. They had lost 2 Murdersassins to Kemblar's Stormninjas.

43984943311_6f382e2942_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

A yelling came from the hall they had just came down, more soldiers were coming.

43079379155_8e1c80ed74_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

With a crash, the commanding Murdersassin knocked down a bookcase, to block the door. 

29047139697_33b2f6538e_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

"And, you wanted to commit regicide, princess something or other."  Said the Count. 

"Well, I didn't realize this place had so many soldiers!" said Princess Mi-Kyung

"It's the seat of an evil empire, of course it has soldiers. Just like Oleon did!" Yelled the Count.

BANG!

A shot struck another Murdersassin in the head, and she fell to the floor.

43936526032_8f8f0881fe_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

From down the hall, two slightly more elite soldiers fired at the group.

30116419848_9cddfbea18_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

"Darby! Hold these!" Said the Count, drawing a large knife. "Dmitri, do you still have the rope?"

"I vem Dmitri! Ov Course I have Rop." Said Dmitri Yugoslav. The Count tossed an end of the rope out the window.

30116418988_3d6fb76147_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

"HYAAAAA!!!" Yelled the Count as he jumped out the window

30116419608_cef4fcd290_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

With a sickening thud, the Count landed on a soldier, impaling him with the knife.

43266367094_b1b679f596_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

The Count stood up, and kicked the soldier for good measure.

30116419668_c4a3471351_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

The Count pushed the corpse into the water as the last Murdersassin slid down the rope.

30116420338_9e470a5f44_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

Five soldiers aboard the yacht they had landed by looked up from their posts, turned and got ready to attack.

43079386455_7d3fbcd9bd_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

Quickly, the Count leapt aboard the ship, throwing his knife at the hand of the Incindiary Arrow launcher

43079386505_d638128a97_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

He dodged right as the blade hit, severing the soldier's hand. Two more soldiers got ready to fire

43266368974_a9b4059c3a_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

The Count backflipped up, kicking the pistol out of the soldier's hand.

43266369014_abdda2c7f1_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

With a bunch, he sent hime flying backwards.

43936526382_edaecccc90_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

He twisted around, and the Kemblar HunterSniper shot at him, but the Count simply used the other soldier as a human shield.

43936526512_dee321d450_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

The dead soldier fell into the hold. The Count ran down and knocked the Huntersniper back

29047139907_62ddd93e70_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

The three remaining soldiers drew melee weapons and charged.

29047139437_2f5c2758bc_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

The Incendiary Arrow Soldier, who the Count had subconciously been calling 'stumpy', stabbed at the Count.

30116421118_155154db56_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

The Count twisted away

43936525422_658ce81ea6_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

The Count was cornered. He ran up to the stern of the ship.

42175895380_b6521f5e35_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

But before they could strike, he leapt of the side of the Junk.

42175893690_680814e7f8_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

Stumpy looked over the edge, but he didn't see the intruder.

42175894120_bf0443495d_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

Instead, he saw an opened window in the Captain's Cabin.

43984942031_8c41008f79_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

Before he could think, he heard a soft thud, than another.

30116418778_76251c0797_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

LATER

"Well, I'd like to call today a success." Said the Count, as he threw a corpse over the side of the ship.

43079385385_8555e03067_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

"We'll have the Copperhead and the Aurora rendezvous with us in Kemblarsi. And ooh, this gun is shiny!" Said the Count, picking up a gold plated rifle.

43079385705_b23a4d595a_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

The Junk they'd seized, which had been named something incomprehensible in Kemblar's tongue, had promptly been renamed by the Count.

Now, he stood on the bow, examining the miraculous invention of the Gun. How had no one ever thought of strapping a spyglass to a rifle before!

43936523562_389092e3dc_z.jpgEscaping the Palace by North White, on Flickr

The Princess approached the Count. 

"You have done my nation, a great service. Expect some sort of trading outpost for your own purposes." she said.

"Thank you, it was the least we could do, illegally and intentionally interfering in another nation's politics, and murdering their armed forces in somewhat cold blood. Fortunately, I don't think they got our names or anything. And after all, what are they even going to do about it if they did know, the WTC is headquartered like, all the way across the Brick Seas." Said the Count

"Yes... it does sound worse when you put it in perspective. Oh well. Are you planning on staying in Kemblarsi long?" Asked the princess

"Nah, I should get back to Mesabi Landing. I'm sure it's withering and dying without me." Said the Count. "But, if you need anything shipped back on my way back home let me know."

"Hmm..." Said the Princess.

43266242274_9ab47ceb4d_z.jpgEscaping the palace by North White, on Flickr

TO BE CONTINUED

Thanks for viewing the latest installment of my adventure. Let me know what you think of the Junk. I do need to add sails, but I haven't figured out how I want to do them yet. C&C appreciated!

@Mesabi

It was only a short trip back to Kemblarsi, and to everyone's surprise, all three vessels made it there without being intercepted by Kemblar warships. Perhaps the rumours were true, and Kemblar had next to no fleet? At any rate, none had been spotted, despite the ruckus stirred up in by the rescue mission.

Reaching the capital, the count and the princess were greeted as national heroes. Her for her safe return to her people, and the expedition for its heroic rescue. The Kemblar who had assisted the count did express a certain dissatisfaction with the placement of gratitude, but the way the count had told the story, he had himself done most of the heroics! There were celebrations for days, were they were treated like gods, eating, drinking and partying like there was no tomorrow.

The Kemblar were keen to reward their rescuers and offered the adventurers 500 dbs (added to adventure treasury) worth of golden coins and trinkets, as well as the captured junk (Class 3, R3 M3 F0 C1 $5 H3). But what was next for the count?

• This is a unique opportunity for further ventures! Stay and establish a permanent presence in Kemblar for the WTC or for Corrington?
    Show what the expedition does to solidify relations or capitalise on the current positive attitude towards them as heroes.
  • Now is the time to head for new hunting grounds! Continue our search for new adventures!
    Show where the expedition goes next - and what they will try to do when they arrive.
  • We must bring word back to Corrington!
    Show the expedition making its way back home. This will leave all three ships in a zone of you choice in any of the zones 1 to 8, and end the adventure.

One build required to continue. Only one option can be taken.

Chapter 8: Homewards!

As Kemblarsi faded into the horizon, Count Mesabi and Darby stood on the forecastle. 

31401120738_20923184ac_c.jpgReturn to Belson by North White, on Flickr

"So.... now what? We've been gone awhile" Said Darby, "Do we just keep being gone?"

"And have the world live without the Glory of Count Mesabi? The Righteous? The Bold? The Handsome?" Asked the Count in response. 

"I'm fairly certain that no one has ever called you any of those." replied Darby

31401120778_cc63b50edb_c.jpgReturn to Belson by North White, on Flickr

"Well, I guess you and I remember things differently!" Said the Count. 

"Yeah, because you're delusional!" Yelled Darby

44363981295_907f0b09e3_c.jpgReturn to Belson by North White, on Flickr

"Hush!" Said the Count, he leapt onto the figurehead of the WTC Seriously, "I have Dolphins to kill!" 

45225819222_be1537eb82_c.jpgReturn to Belson by North White, on Flickr

The voyage to Belson was swift. Over cooked Dolphin, the Count discussed what would happen next. They were to go to the queen, and to present everything they found, and ask a 'favour.' When pressed, he refused to answer what he would use the favour for. But deep down, the crew suspected it involved Horse meat. 

Soon, they were in Belson's harbour. Belson was built on the river Bhames, and down it, was a series of bridges, the most famous Being Arlin's Crossing. 

44553266984_6c849c848a_c.jpgReturn to Belson by North White, on Flickr

Past the bridge lay the royal palace, where the Count would ask his favour. 

44553267174_2677582b71_c.jpgReturn to Belson by North White, on Flickr

The Adventure might have been over, but a new one was beginning...

FIN

This ends Southbound and Down! It's been a year since I started it, and a year since the Count really caused chaos on the Brick Seas. 

It also marks my return to the Brick Seas, after a chaotic month of law school. 

So, the WTC will continue to bring chaos to the Brick Seas, and something... interesting will almost certainly happen soon as well. 

C&C appreciated, about my builds and the adventure. This build was inspired by London Bridge, which I learned after building was built in the late 1800s, not the early 1800s. So, I'd say that "Arlin's Crossing" is a lift bridge, but only opens for really large ships on special occasions. 

Nice one, but do you mean Tower Bridge? There have been a couple of London Bridges over the year. One had shops on, and burned down, hence the song. One was sold to a guy who lived in a desert somewhere in the US - true stroy. But the current London Bridge is a pretty boring expanse of road laid across some concrete piles. It's Tower Bridge that has lifting sections for shipping. It's also named after the Tower of London, right next door, rather than the fact it has towers. Source - I work in London. Mansplain done.

@Mesabi

As the three vessels moored in Belson, Darby took reckoning of what they had achieved. In the hold of the ships, they carried gold and goods from the far south which was turned into a pretty penny, tallying up to a total of 1.010 dbs. On top of this, the WTC Aurora had been joined by the WTC Copperhead and WTC Seriously, although there was a 200 dbs bill to settle with Lord Damaximus, should he ever return from the deserts of Guelph, or whereever he were by now. (1.010 dbs will be added to your account, and you may license the WTC Seriously as per the stats above. Indicate that it has been won as a prize from this adventure)

As they approached the Royal Palace to seek audience with her Majesty, the Count extolled the great services he had done to her Majesty with this expedition and loudly exclaimed his expectations of being named Earl or given sovereignty over his own lands. However, The palace grounds were all ahoo with talk of Grand Expeditions, Mokolei armies on the March, Carnian and Lotii warships in the Brick Seas, and all sorts of other events. A rare friendly soul, wearing the discreet mark of a promethean, pulled the count and Darby aside before announcing their presence. "If you value your title and priviledges, I would keep out of sight and out of mind..." he said. "...the Queen is in no mood for stories of Corlanders stirring up trouble abroad, and there has been some disgruntled talk of WTC shenanigans..." After looking around to check for prying eyes, he added: "I bring you news of the Countess, who have landed in Namere..." and gave the count a sealed letter.

While the Count had no mind to follow advice, sure to find his Queen most grateful, Darby and the Promethean eventually succeeded in persuading him towards calmness, and they made for the Belson offices of the WTC, where the letter from the Countess marked "Top Secret" could be read in secrecy.

This concludes the adventure and all ships are now ready for the next tMRCA in Belson next turn. I have paid out the 1010 dbs. This has been an interesting storyline, but I am sure it will be fun to see the Count's next move.