Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2018 - Set Discussion

5 hours ago, linnormlord said:

Both ... at the same time? Look no further than 76107!

Tarrant County, TX?

Oh, the Thanos: Ultimate Battle set.  :tongue:

Yeah, that's not what I was talking about.  I was thinking of one or the other, or both as distinct bigfigs, not both combined (which is what we already got).

Edited by x105Black

9 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Honestly most of the plain legs don't bother me, they're usually accurate enough to the character. Even with all the complaining about Black Panther not having ears and leg printing, looking side by side with the movie suit the top of his helmet and his legs are mostly black anyway.

The one quibble I do have is that I really wish Iron Spider had dual-molded legs.

I don't mind the plain legs too much either. After all, this is Lego! We can swap them out! e.g. Zod legs for Black Panther. The Superhero Customization forum often has great ideas for how to modify figures just like this.

Dual-molded legs are funny, and they are very rare in Marvel sets. We have had approximately 240 Marvel minifigures, and 6 of them have had dual molded legs. I will list them here:

sh205: Spider-Man - Black Web Pattern, Red Boots;

sh208: All New Captain America - Sam Wilson (San Diego Comic-Con 2015 Exclusive)

sh212: Hulk - Dark Purple Pants with Dark Red Pattern (5003084)

sh284: Doc Ock (76059)

sh299: Spider-Man - Black Web Pattern, Red Torso Large Vest, Red Boots

sh420: Spider-Man - Black Web Pattern, Red Torso Small Vest, Red Boots

Special shoutout to the She-Hulk figure, which isn't dual molded, but which has a really good paint job that fooled me due to the excellent leg side printing.

MCU Iron Spider with dual-molded legs would have been very nice. :(

22 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I think the bigfig we got matches well to Thanos seen in the opening scene, not the best choice though. 

It's a mash-up. They could either go with full armour Thanos, or normal Thanos without helmet, armour and sleeves. But they did something that doesn't match up both designs and looks off.

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It's a mash-up. They could either go with full armour Thanos, or normal Thanos without helmet, armour and sleeves. But they did something that doesn't match up both designs and looks off.

Spoiler

Yeah, I suppose :def_shrug: sorry. I'd also prefer the suit from the flashback with young Gamora or the unarmoured getup used for most of the film, hopefully we'll get one of those for part 2 (I know that's not the official name for avengers 4). 

Edited by Agent Kallus

21 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I suppose :def_shrug: sorry. I'd also prefer the suit from the flashback with young Gamora or the unarmoured getup used for most of the film, hopefully we'll get one of those for part 2 (I know that's not the official name for avengers 4). 

That's probably what they thought in Lego company when they got concept arts from Marvel:

Bob - Rob, we got concept arts from Marvel! There is a problem: full armour Thanos has got too many details to capture, and normal Thanos requires a new mould.

Rob - Okay, we can just do a weird mash-up that will look awful and nobody will like it! No new moulds or no detailed prints.

Bob - That's a great idea!

Just2Good on Twitter said we're only getting one Ant-Man and Wasp set and Lego's PR was wrong. 

Sucks if true. Really wanted Goliath, Luis, and a van.

It makes sense that there will end up only being one set but that sucks that legos PR department was wrong again about something as simple as the number of Sets we are getting for a line 

I have the set in hand and it seems wasp uses agent 13’s face. Also the gold trophy element is literally a gold trophy

Edited by Falconfan1414

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I have the set in hand and it seems wasp uses agent 13’s face 

That's just Leia's face right?

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I have the set in hand and it seems wasp uses agent 13’s face 

Sorry to bother you but what is Antman's second face, if he has one?

Edited by Agent Kallus

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

What is antman's second face, if he has one?

The face print is new I think. It’s a scared face 

10 minutes ago, Agent Kallus said:

Sorry to bother you but what is Antman's second face, if he has one?

Mario has them up on Instagram now

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I have the set in hand and it seems wasp uses agent 13’s face. Also the gold trophy element is literally a gold trophy

Are you aloud reveal how you obtained the set early or not?

14 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The face print is new I think. It’s a scared face 

5 minutes ago, SgtKilr said:

Mario has them up on Instagram now

Awesome, thanks. The prints in this set are great, its only the molds that let it down.Though I suppose Ant man would look okay with a plain silver or grey head behind the helmet, but there's no quick fix for wasp. I love the build though so its still a great set  especially since I missed out on the one from the first movie. 

Honestly after building the set I can say that legos official pictures don’t do the set as much justice as they should. The build looks a lot better in person in my opinion. There are some interesting building methods used in the set and make it look a lot better in person. Wasp also is better in person. If your conflicted on buying the set I would say buy it because it’s better in person 

Strange, I feel like that with almost every set I build, usually a pleasant surprise. Pictures just don't seem to do most sets any justice, and on the rare occasion I read a review on a set before purchase, I am put off by hyper critical opinions about arm printing or lack of dual molded legs.

When is this set going to be available for us mere mortals? 

So, let's get this straight: Antman gets a new face print, his own molded helmet, and leg printing.

While Wasp, who is equally leading the movie gets: no leg printing, no power blasts, no unique helmet mold, reused face print, and inaccurate wings. 

I had hope at least the face print might save the figure, but it's deafeningly clear Lego just doesn't care. I really thought they might start delivering with the female figures, but Lego still just won't give them the care they deserve. I mean Scarlet Witch wasn't even in the IW sets and she had a bigger role than 90% of the other Avengers. I'm just so disappointed. 

An alternative for the wasp  helmet (even if controvertial, i know many dont approve but still) is this bootleg wasp.

Its the wrong shape and has the same problems as the antman helmet, but at least the eyes are translucent.

Just an idea

20180513_164656.jpg

Having seen better shots, I am a big fan of all 3 of the Ant-Man and the Wasp set minifigures.

6 minutes ago, Wonkyeye1 said:

Ant-Man's face print isn't new. It's from last years Silent Mary set

Hm, even more disappointing...but he’s already got a good suit so it’s hardly important 

Thanks to our good friend @Falconfan1414 atleast we know what is the contents of this set. Sad news is we will be only getting one. Does this gives us hopes for the 7th myth? I guess, it's still a no. Love the second face of Scott I don't remember any fig having that. 

58 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Thanks to our good friend @Falconfan1414 atleast we know what is the contents of this set. Sad news is we will be only getting one. Does this gives us hopes for the 7th myth? I guess, it's still a no. Love the second face of Scott I don't remember any fig having that. 

Oh well.  Maybe with Avengers 4, we'll get Wasp's microfig.  LEGO did the same thing with Civil War.  Really curious what this means for Infinity War, though.  We were teased with new Bucky and War Machine figs, as well as Wong, in that 10 Year photo.

It's also odd that if there is nothing else, that Marvel Superheroes is done for the year.  Maybe its to switch the focus to DC with those two comic-based sets and eventually Aquaman.

Edited by Dr Axels

I like the overall build, especially the back. I wish you could put multiple minifigures in it, but it's not really an issue, especially for a $20 set.

Minifigures are what they are, prints are good, helmets are not. 

Edited by Bobathan Buan