ElectroDiva

Lego Re-releases - What would you like to see?

15 hours ago, ElectroDiva said:

That approach (revamps) is absolutely fine by me. 

Ok, then I would like to see revamps of:

1: 6763-1: Rapid River Village

2. 6276-1: Eldorado Fortress

3. 7414: Elephant Caravan (or other adventures set like 5976: River Expedition, 5986: Amazon Ancient Ruins)

4. 10193-1: Medieval Market Village or 7189-1: Mill Village Raid

5. 7637: Farm (or other farm set like 7684: Pig Farm & Tractor, 6419: Rolling Acres Ranch)

In short mostly very good sets with a lot of animal moulds or sets that have the potential to include a lot of animal moulds if they revamps them :shark:

10 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

How about an enlarged width-wise for the Emerald Night (and other steam locos) set 10027 (Train Shed) from 2003?

10027-0000-XX-13-1.jpg

It was the ONLY train shed released thus far, and we need another one!

I know, funny right. Maybe it didn't do well selling wise.

However, there are rumors of a Creator Expert modular series train station coming out. So, (assuming it's the case) maybe we'll get a train shed eventually!

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

I honestly wouldn't mind if they did more re-releases rather than more new sets, they retire too fast, thought they should wait at least 5 years. All that I have listed here are unlicensed.

7189: Mill Village Raid
7985: City of Atlantis
7097: Trolls' Mountain Fortress
10223: Kingdoms Joust
6242: Soldiers' Fort

7419: Dragon Fortress
3724: LEGO Dragon
10210: Imperial Flagship

Spoiler

7189-1.jpg?2011022112597985-1.jpg?2010111505047097-1.jpg?20090521033810223-1.jpg?2011100102586242-1.jpg?2008110801017419-1.jpg?2003010306053724-1.jpg?20001223120010210-1.jpg?200910030422

Edited by Agent Kallus
pictures

On 01/11/2017 at 11:57 PM, ElectroDiva said:

10223 Kingdoms Joust is currently available on BrickLink new and sealed for less than the original RRP. 
Its a fantastic set and if you want it I wouldn't hang about waiting for a re-release. 

Not in the UK.:cry_sad:

there also some licensed ones that deserve re-releases (these ones aren't as old)

10237: Tower of Orthanc (though it is a fair price on bricklink.)
79007: Battle at the Black Gate
9474: The Battle of Helm's Deep

sorry about the double post but I can't edit quotes into posts

Spoiler

10237-1.jpg?20151014080679007-1.jpg?2013021010449474-1.jpg?201202260353

Edited by Agent Kallus

Well here are 4 to get started:

Castle (375):
latest?cb=20110422235026

Elephant Caravan (7417):
s-l500.jpg

Mill Village Raid (7189):
lego-mill-village-raid-set-7189-4.jpg

Tower of Orthanc (10237):
10237-2.jpg

A historical set with classic heraldry and visors.  Elephants.  Goats and other animals.  And one of the most awesome towers ever released...

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

Not in the UK.:cry_sad:

Yep - sadly the US /Canadian resellers seem to have better prices for most sets post 2010 than the European resellers. Filling in the holes from my dark ages would have been a lot cheaper if I had been based there rather than the UK :(

You can still get Kingdoms Joust for about 25% above original retail in Europe though which isn't too bad. It really is a lovely set.

1 hour ago, Agent Kallus said:

there also some licensed ones that deserve re-releases (these ones aren't as old)

10237: Tower of Orthanc (though it is a fair price on bricklink.)
79007: Battle at the Black Gate
9474: The Battle of Helm's Deep

The LOTR theme ended far too early imo. They could easily have had at least a few more waves.

I would love to see some re-releases (particularly 9474 so I could buy a few of them and build an epic Helm's Deep), but I think that's wishful thinking given the license is now pretty dead.

The only way I can see it coming back is if the Tolkien family can somehow be convinced to sell the film rights to the Silmarillion (unlikely as they feel they were screwed for LOTR and the Hobbit).

50 minutes ago, ElectroDiva said:

Yep - sadly the US /Canadian resellers seem to have better prices for most sets post 2010 than the European resellers. Filling in the holes from my dark ages would have been a lot cheaper if I had been based there rather than the UK :(

You can still get Kingdoms Joust for about 25% above original retail in Europe though which isn't too bad. It really is a lovely set.

The LOTR theme ended far too early imo. They could easily have had at least a few more waves.

I would love to see some re-releases (particularly 9474 so I could buy a few of them and build an epic Helm's Deep), but I think that's wishful thinking given the license is now pretty dead.

The only way I can see it coming back is if the Tolkien family can somehow be convinced to sell the film rights to the Silmarillion (unlikely as they feel they were screwed for LOTR and the Hobbit).

http://deadline.com/2017/11/lord-of-the-rings-series-eyed-warner-bros-tv-amazon-1202201636/

This could be pretty interesting then. Its in an early stage though

@Servertijd - that's very interesting news and could well open up the door for more LOTR sets.

I'm going to add your link to a thread we have over on the Historic Themes forum so this can be discussed further

2 minutes ago, ElectroDiva said:

@Servertijd - that's very interesting news and could well open up the door for more LOTR sets.

I'm going to add your link to a thread we have over on the Historic Themes forum so this can be discussed further

Yeah no problem:thumbup:

Not so much sets but parts. I would like to see the old 4x4 vehicle roof hinge plate and frame make a come back.

59 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Not so much sets but parts. I would like to see the old 4x4 vehicle roof hinge plate and frame make a come back.

If it did, it would likely use 3.2mm clips or click hinges instead of the old, retired style of finger hinge. But something like that could certainly still be cool, and maybe even made compatible with other more modern window glass elements.

It's interesting to hear multiple people talking about bringing back Orient Expedition sets. That theme is one that we know for fact was not a successful one (because no sets from 2003 made money except Bionicle and Star Wars sets), yet it seems to be a lot more popular with AFOLs than other failed themes of the early 2000s.

I can't really think of a lot of sets I'd want re-released, because I'm pretty much at peace with what sets I've missed out on, even if in hindsight I might wish I'd gotten them at the time. Plus, even a lot of past sets that were really extraordinary designs for their time feel kinda rudimentary compared to modern stuff (just compare the complexity and level of detail of Imperial Flagship with Destiny's Bounty), so I think that in most cases LEGO could get more mileage out of taking those core concepts and reinterpreting them from the ground up than just doing a re-release or updated re-release like the Taj Mahal or Millennium Falcon.

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

So I think that in most cases LEGO could get more mileage out of taking those core concepts and reinterpreting them from the ground up than just doing a re-release or updated re-release like the Taj Mahal or Millennium Falcon.

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the only 'update' to the Taj Mahal one brick separator?

I wouldn't want to see re-releases of Emerald Night, Imperial Flagship, etc. However, I would like to see a similar large steam train, maybe in dark blue or dark red. Also a new large ship, using modern techniques, but not just a re-release of an old design.

2 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't the only 'update' to the Taj Mahal one brick separator?

It appears to be. Whereas they appear to have spent some design time on updating the MF. And it looks better for it.

23 hours ago, Aanchir said:

It's interesting to hear multiple people talking about bringing back Orient Expedition sets. That theme is one that we know for fact was not a successful one (because no sets from 2003 made money except Bionicle and Star Wars sets), yet it seems to be a lot more popular with AFOLs than other failed themes of the early 2000s.

The only reason I want the Elephant Caravan is the elephant.  I'd be just as happy if they made a new set that included this animal.  And honestly, I'll say the same for Mill Village Raid and the goat, although I actually do like the set.

7 minutes ago, x105Black said:

The only reason I want the Elephant Caravan is the elephant.  I'd be just as happy if they made a new set that included this animal.  And honestly, I'll say the same for Mill Village Raid and the goat, although I actually do like the set.

To be honest, I think I'd prefer a new elephant, if possible... preferably one on par with the modern dinosaurs (with individually articulated legs) instead of the old ones (much more blocky with the legs linked together). I think they could manage it.

4 hours ago, Lyichir said:

To be honest, I think I'd prefer a new elephant, if possible... preferably one on par with the modern dinosaurs (with individually articulated legs) instead of the old ones (much more blocky with the legs linked together). I think they could manage it.

If they release a elephant in a set it will be a updated mould for sure! I like the old one, but like other animals they have updated; the old one is nice and the new one is great :sweet:

On 06/11/2017 at 11:27 AM, MAB said:

I wouldn't want to see re-releases of Emerald Night, Imperial Flagship, etc. However, I would like to see a similar large steam train, maybe in dark blue or dark red. Also a new large ship, using modern techniques, but not just a re-release of an old design.

Do you happen to have those in your "investment portfolio" or is that you're genuinely only interested in new sets?

On Tuesday, October 31, 2017 at 9:48 AM, RogerSmith said:

Excluding the monorail stuff, since that's never going to happen:

Emerald Night
Mission Commander from Space Police I
Mega Core Magnetize from M-Tron

But I don't think we'll see rereleases f really old sets - not only did they change the color palette, but they also discontinued lots of olderparts, most importantly the clicky hinges.

They might be willing to revive most of those older parts, they probably still have the toolings (unlike the pigtails hairpiece, whose mold no doubt broke or deteriorated in the 90s), and we could frankly use revivals of those friction hinges since the locking ones have clearance issues in some situations. The big issue with the Mega Core Magnetizer or any other medium to large M: Tron set is the parts they can't revive and would have to create new versions of: The magnet parts.

A reissue of anything that's in someone's "investment portfolio" would be quite welcome in my book because I have a deep-seated loathing for that kind of "fan".

That aside, I would love reissues of 7140, 7130, 7150 (with Vader's TIE trading its blue and dark gray for sand blue), 7134, 7180, 7190 as far as licensed stuff goes. Well, that and a gray version reissue of any post-7140/7142 X-wing.

I would also love a reissue of the Emerald Night because it is a gorgeous train and I missed the original go-around. Maybe an accompanying separate-sale coach.

A re-reissue of the Railroad Club Car.

That's all I've got off the top of my head rn

1 hour ago, ElectroDiva said:

Do you happen to have those in your "investment portfolio" or is that you're genuinely only interested in new sets?

I have both sets, used / built and none to sell. I only ever bought one of each. I wouldn't buy another green steam train if it was a replica or similar reissue of EN but I would buy in another colour. Or I would buy another green one if significantly different size / design. I genuinely think a new design with more modern bricks and techniques would sell better to new and existing fans, rather than a reissue made for new fans only just to stick two fingers up to resellers. 

Edited by MAB

39 minutes ago, MAB said:

I genuinely think a new design with more modern bricks and techniques would sell better to new and existing fans, rather than a reissue made for new fans only just to stick two fingers up to resellers. 

I think if they re-released the Emerald Night it would be to stick two fingers up at Lepin rather than your typical reseller. 

Its such an iconic set now that I think it would sell very well regardless of whether it was updated or not.

Having said that, I would be happy to get it in another colour scheme if that broadened the appeal a bit

On 11/6/2017 at 9:32 PM, Lyichir said:

Fair enough.  I'd prefer that, too!  But in the meantime...

13 hours ago, ElectroDiva said:

I think if they re-released the Emerald Night it would be to stick two fingers up at Lepin rather than your typical reseller. 

Its such an iconic set now that I think it would sell very well regardless of whether it was updated or not.

Having said that, I would be happy to get it in another colour scheme if that broadened the appeal a bit

That's true. I mean for all the other sets we would like to see, the Emerald Night is top on the list of sets Lego needs to do. And I almost feel it's a definite Lego will. 

Other colors? Dark red would be sweet!

23 hours ago, ZeldaTheSwordsman said:

The big issue with the Mega Core Magnetizer or any other medium to large M: Tron set is the parts they can't revive and would have to create new versions of: The magnet parts.

Oh, why is that?