We have a [KEY TOPIC] Official Lego sets made in LDraw , and a [KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in LDD ..

Is there/will there be a [KEY TOPIC] Official LEGO Sets made in Stud.io ?

Stud.io has the nifty feature that you can import an official set.. but all it does is import the correct amounts and numbers of parts from the Bricklink Cattledog.
(which in itself is a time consuming job taken care of..)

Given the ease of import and export to/from both LDraw and LDD, I think it may be possible to combine the entire contents of the other Key Topics into one.
Anyone have the appropriate amount of cloud storage and time to import/vet?
(just askin', not volunteering)

I don't quite see the need for this, as stud.io files are LDraw files in disguise. So... You should be able to just take any LDraw file and import it without any problems into stud.io.
But, I don't really use stud.io myself, so maybe I'm missing something?

Hi Cadder, indexed topics are decided and managed by the staff, let's explore the case to see if there is the space for such a topic for stud.io.

On 10/20/2017 at 3:26 PM, Calabar said:

Hi Cadder, indexed topics are decided and managed by the staff, let's explore the case to see if there is the space for such a topic for stud.io.

Stud.io has been significantly updated now and I had a blast using it, even if I didn't do much with it. I think make a topic dedicated to this as well, LDD 4.3.11 has almost never had an update for over 2 years now.

Edited by Perry

I like the import set feature a lot, hopefully if they keep adding new parts, there will be less errors of "missing" things, especially non-minifigs.

Just a great feature to plan alternate builds and such from existing sets before breaking them down.

Edited by TeriXeri

so ive just downloaded studio (from BrickLink) as my friend recommended it. im trying to get set 70260 in the building 'world'. I would like to get 4 of them, and put them in a square, that's literally it. but I cant find out how to get an official set on.i can build it, but there's no way im gonna be building a 4500 piece set on there. apparently I need to download a set file from eurobricks, but I cant find anything here. can you guys give some pointers please? im just trying to get the model fully built into the studio so I can fiddle with it, mod it and move it about. help?

On 12/14/2020 at 7:51 AM, a guy from somewhere said:

so ive just downloaded studio (from BrickLink) as my friend recommended it. im trying to get set 70260 in the building 'world'. I would like to get 4 of them, and put them in a square, that's literally it. but I cant find out how to get an official set on.i can build it, but there's no way im gonna be building a 4500 piece set on there. apparently I need to download a set file from eurobricks, but I cant find anything here. can you guys give some pointers please? im just trying to get the model fully built into the studio so I can fiddle with it, mod it and move it about. help?

Don't you mean 70620? That one is available in the main key topics. 

Once you have the file downloaded you can import into Studio

Is there a stud.IO file for 10228 Haunted House for 10228 Lego Monster Fighters and does imports include stickers too? Sorry I'm new to this digital lego community so I know nothing about Stud.IO and official sets and importing. I just want to try and make digital Monster Fighter dioramas 

yeah we reeeeeeeeeeeally need a studio page. I also find it rather annoying how LDD only gets archived because LDD will have porting problems occasionally here and there

I'm late to this party. I am an MLCAD user. When a Studio user has the ambition to model a Lego set, I would sure like them to have a place to post their file. So yah, there is a need for this, because Studio users are probably not going to create files to fit the OMR requirements. Many times I have downloaded .io files from Rebrickable and elsewhere and converted them to ldraw for my own purposes. I'm not complaining, I don't mind at all. I am just glad they are available. I can take a file and organise it into a logical building instruction. Some are not so capable, but they can build that all important digital .io file. So, let's give them a place to post without a lot of requirements! 

Unfortunately at the moment there is no one available to manage the topic. To say the truth, there is not a staff for the digital section able to decide and realize.

About the "requirements", they are an important tool to maintain a good quality of the topic and the models inside it. That's why we wrote the guidelines for the Official Sets topics: an unmanaged cauldron where to put .io files of dubious quality would be quite unuseful and unsatisfactory for users.

Are the digital models dead? Mecabricks seems to have a ton of newer official sets, but there's nothing in the pages here at Eurobricks. Studio.io is way better than Mecabricks, so why is evryone using it instead?