av_bossk

Neo-Blacktron Gunship

Hi everybody !

I continue my Neo-BlackTron line with a gunship. I'm quite proud of its shape.

37190535746_61b189a0b0_c.jpg
37237459911_ab42f22e97_c.jpg
37208162072_78afe8b509_c.jpg
37237487721_18c4d87589.jpg37190557946_a0e3d03e5c.jpg
37190567276_a20a92382a_c.jpg

It was presented in a exhibition last week-end.

I just joined this site for the specific purpose of discussing the resurrection of the first themed space sets. Your creation is a prime example of the possibilities of what could come of this.

I like how you've angled the click-joints as, I presume, some kind of grenade or missile launchers. The overall design has a nice aesthetic to it. Well done. I like this design more than the SW republic gunship. Could you adapt it to carry a payload of troops or a vehicle under the rear by cutting into the existing bodywork a little perhaps (like a drop-ship variant).

Oh, and I love the canopy design.

Edited by LucByard

Excellent MOC. I love how you did the cockpit section, but the whole thing is a beauty. Please, more of this!

Thanks everybody and thanks also for the link in the frontpage !
(I was away from Eurobricks since few months)

@Hart New Bob : These engraved tiles came from the store Brick'n'Fig (http://www.bricknfig.fr/)

@LucByard & @Drunknok : the canopy is "re-used" from a design of Nick Trotta because I also love this shape and the assembly of these parts so I wanted to re-use it for technical training but in my case, I made it really functionnal.

@LucByard : A baseline of spaceships with variants... good idea ! why not ! Thanks to the design, it is totally possible ! I'm already imagine a squadron taking off your landpad ! (idea for a common exhibition :wink:)

av_bossk,

So it would seem that Blacktron went through some rough spots and reorganizations there but managed to land a few deep-pocketed anonymous beneficiaries. I would hate to think it just who they want it stuck to so badly that they would lay down the kind of funds necessary for this caliber of equipment and in the hands of notorious renegades no less. Let the political intrigue commence!

That aside, I am sensing Blacktron are back with a vengeance. Ready to deliver mayhem and destruction in their wake. Armed to the teeth, this craft is definitively the type used in frontal brazen raids on light-armored cargo fleets or starliners packed with the complacent wealthy. Though the single pilot makes me think there is a serious AI system on board. Superb model none the less with elegance and yet still utilitarian. All the little things add to the model but there also is not too many top be distracting. I wonder what a pack of this would be capable of?

3D LEGO