Sign in to follow this  
TitusV

The L.M. Diaz

36433431533_c8be9132d2_b.jpg

No pirate or buccaneer can hope to enter the L.M. Diaz, probably the fastest ship in the whole nation of Eslandola. Still, she carries a treasure far more powerful than gold: news. As a Legislative Mailship, the letters in her hold can win wars, overthrow governments or change worlds. Time itself is her main enemy, a brilliant foe that must be fought day and night.

37247736205_061b859efb_b.jpg

36433432063_539e47f5c9_h.jpg

36433433133_2f6805260e_h.jpg

A pity it's so dark on this image, because that way you can't make out the bell properly: I got inspired by one of CGH's ships and added a little clapper, which is probably my favoured detail of the whole ship!

---------

For the CBC - Naval Warfare category. I had hoped to enter at least one more build, but considering the fact that this entry had to be finished during nights spent awake, a second MOC was'nt realistic. Hence also the very dark images!

--------

Wow, glad this is done. Rigging is such a pain-in-the-megablocks! Special thanks go to @Sebeus I, without whom I would never have started on this ship and who was an incredible help during the building proces. A lot of techniques/designs also come from him, like the skylight. Thanks, to you but also to all others who aided me!

--------

36433432603_9447d7f785_h.jpg

At the bow of her precious ship, Elysabeth leaves the Eslandolan port, heading for the sunrise. Only time will tell what the future brings...

--------

Maybe also the perfect moment to say thank-you to a few people, e.g. @Maxim I (who not only got me into BoBS, but also to my first convention, which is something I'll never forget). Thanks Maxim!
Another one is @Bregir. Though our relation has been a bit quite as of late, he's the one who helped me out with all my questions upon joining GoH, or during BoBS, and I think we became friends on the way. Thanks Christian!

Wow! Fantastic ship Titus. I really like what you did on the stern area, with all the detailing. The Custom cannons, and colouring are fantastic as well. I'm blown away.

I do have some criticisms. First, the masts are a little short, and the mainsails are tiny. I would have used a couple of these  instead. The size of the masts now almost make her look like a, well, early steamship. 

But this is a fantastic ship. And no one is looking at the masts anyways. I'm just curious, however, what's your plan for the AMCRA? Your build doesn't really say. 

Excellent job, Titus, the cabin and stern detailing are great, and the overall shape is captured quite nicely as well! :thumbup:  The roof, skylight, and cannons are very good, and I'm liking the smaller details like the capstan, lanterns, the helmet on the stern, and the addition of the letter in the figurehead's hand in front to show what type of ship she is :wink:

I do agree with Mesabi that the sails are a bit small for the vessel's size, but overall you've done a great job here, especially for your first BoBS ship! 

Excellent ship Titus, I particularly like the detailing on the stern, but the prow is also very well done!

Very nice ship! The colour scheme is perfect and I like the tumblehome, the detailed stern, with all those curves, even the dark pics gave the ship a historical and authentic feel. The sails maybe appear small, but on the other hand, small sails enhance playability, the thing I've learned from my last ships, with high masts and large sails, is they are practically impossible to play with, so i kind of like these small sails.:thumbup:

Beautiful ship! As others have noted, the bow and stern detailing is excellent. Colors work well, too, especially the medium flesh (if that is the color) used high on the sides. Nicely done! :thumbup:

Great looking ship (earthly tones work wonders)! Also the small cannons are nice! Only thing I would have improved (as other better ship builders have said) are the size of the sails as they appear smaller than needed, although you have certainly put some love on them with that vertical and horizontal lines of them. Keep up the great work!

On 19-9-2017 at 7:27 PM, Mesabi said:

Wow! Fantastic ship Titus. I really like what you did on the stern area, with all the detailing. The Custom cannons, and colouring are fantastic as well. I'm blown away.

I do have some criticisms. First, the masts are a little short, and the mainsails are tiny. I would have used a couple of these  instead. The size of the masts now almost make her look like a, well, early steamship. 

But this is a fantastic ship. And no one is looking at the masts anyways. I'm just curious, however, what's your plan for the AMCRA? Your build doesn't really say. 

Thank oyu Mesabi! The stern may have turned out nice, it defenitely was a pain-in-the-megablocks to build! It's the same colour-scheme as my Tíre Village MOC, of which I am a great fan :wink: And you're completely right, these sails should be waaaaay bigger.

My plan? Eh, well, there isn't really a plan. the ship is for MAESTRO, as a kind of goodbye-present

On 19-9-2017 at 7:39 PM, Garmadon said:

Excellent job, Titus, the cabin and stern detailing are great, and the overall shape is captured quite nicely as well! :thumbup:  The roof, skylight, and cannons are very good, and I'm liking the smaller details like the capstan, lanterns, the helmet on the stern, and the addition of the letter in the figurehead's hand in front to show what type of ship she is :wink:

I do agree with Mesabi that the sails are a bit small for the vessel's size, but overall you've done a great job here, especially for your first BoBS ship! 

Glad you like it so much (though many of the details you mentioned are borrowed from @Sebeus I). And you're defenitely right on these sails... Thanks Garm!

On 19-9-2017 at 11:16 PM, deraven said:

Very nice!  The detailing on the stern is especially good, and the color scheme is lovely.  Great build!  :classic:

Thank you for commenting!

On 20-9-2017 at 2:09 AM, Kai NRG said:

Excellent ship Titus, I particularly like the detailing on the stern, but the prow is also very well done!

Thanks Kai, glad you like it. The prow's been done by Sebeus, but the stern is all mine!

On 20-9-2017 at 2:32 AM, Bodi said:

Very nice ship! The colour scheme is perfect and I like the tumblehome, the detailed stern, with all those curves, even the dark pics gave the ship a historical and authentic feel. The sails maybe appear small, but on the other hand, small sails enhance playability, the thing I've learned from my last ships, with high masts and large sails, is they are practically impossible to play with, so i kind of like these small sails.:thumbup:

The sails could be a bit larger, but you do have a point: it makes "swooshing" the ship through the living room while calling "BANG-BANG" much easier :grin: Thanks Bodi!

On 20-9-2017 at 12:53 PM, Professor Thaum said:

The stern and the rear castle are awesome... great job for the rudder/drift too

Glad you like them, thanks!

On 21-9-2017 at 5:55 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Beautiful ship! As others have noted, the bow and stern detailing is excellent. Colors work well, too, especially the medium flesh (if that is the color) used high on the sides. Nicely done! :thumbup:

Thanks Capt! the colour actually is dark orange, though I admit that it's hard to see with the terrific lighting...

21 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

Great looking ship (earthly tones work wonders)! Also the small cannons are nice! Only thing I would have improved (as other better ship builders have said) are the size of the sails as they appear smaller than needed, although you have certainly put some love on them with that vertical and horizontal lines of them. Keep up the great work!

Good to see you like the colours, bd! The sails are indeed a big point to work on, but I'm glad you noticed the lines. I will do my best, thank you sir!