My first plane was a success (for the most part). It had most of the functionality I wanted it to have, though it lacked in terms of looks. The wings were just the worst thing, and there was no flow to the body, which was full of illegal connections. So I want to fix those problems, but in a different plane. First was a Gulfstream Private jet, now I present to you the passenger airplane.

Now the big thing on this jet will be the wings, because the Jet engines will be on the wing, unlike my last plane. Function list:

-Ailerons

-Elevators

-Rudder, coupled with ailerons

-Landing gear with suspension system

-Opening doors

-Airbrakes

-Working jet engines (though this will be more than unlikely)

Pictures:

IMG_5754

1 wing with part of fuselage.

IMG_5755

Wing uses beams with axles rather than just axles. It can hold itself up.

IMG_5757

Elastic band suspension system on the landing gear mounts. 2 mini LA's.

IMG_5758IMG_5759

So that;s it. Update tomorrow. Hopefully, I can finish this by Tuesday, because Tuesday onward I can only build on weekends.

Have a nice day! 

Edited by BrickbyBrickTechnic

2 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Hopefully, I can finish this by Tuesday, because Tuesday onward I can only build on weekends.

Have a nice day! 

That can only mean that school is starting...

So far I can only say two things:

This project is completelly different than previous 

It looks like functions will eat lots of passenger space...or it looks like are a bit to big for this scale

Just now, I_Igor said:

This project is completelly different than previous 

It looks like functions will eat lots of passenger space...or it looks like are a bit to big for this scale

The previous plane, or the side loading trailer? BTW, the trailer failed epically.

I will try to at least put some pilot space.

Also, school is starting. 

12 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

The previous plane, or the side loading trailer? BTW, the trailer failed epically.

I will try to at least put some pilot space.

Also, school is starting. 

I was thinking on 42043 c model and 42054 c and d model...

2 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

True. I needed to do something different ;)

Wait till you see my c models... They don't use battery yet... And are small...

10 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

True. I needed to do something different ;)

I understand :wink:

8 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Wait till you see my c models... They don't use battery yet... And are small...

The only something similar to C model is Airport Cattering truck by @BrickbyBrickTechnic but it would be Mercedes Econic Airport Catering truck. Only problem is that I do not want to dissassble Arocs but currently can not afford additional 42043 set. But now back to topic and keep fingers crossed for this plane

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

keep fingers crossed for this plane

Well, It's update time!

So I added the other wing, along with the ailerons. I also started to finish up the front. The wingspan is 89 studs. Here's what I have:

IMG_5764IMG_5765IMG_5771IMG_5767

Hopefully I can get this done in the next 3 days (excluding video) so that I can start my TC12 entry. I have my idea :)

33 minutes ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Well, It's update time!

So I added the other wing, along with the ailerons. I also started to finish up the front. The wingspan is 89 studs. Here's what I have:

It looks good :thumbup:

Woah this is epic at this scale ! I wanna see the end result seeing your previous MOCs

If technic makes it tough to make interior, use system.Its a lifesaver :D

1 hour ago, powder12321 said:

Nice idea! I also want to end my tractor ASAP But it will teke some time :)

Take the time that you need. It is a hobby, not a daily job :wink:

Plane is developing into something that could perhaps be part of @Superkoala's airport vehicles collection

7 hours ago, powder12321 said:

Nice idea! I also want to end my tractor ASAP But it will teke some time :)

Thank you! Take your time, I fiddled with 42043 for a week before starting this ;)

6 hours ago, ThatOneBuilder said:

Woah this is epic at this scale ! I wanna see the end result seeing your previous MOCs

If technic makes it tough to make interior, use system.Its a lifesaver :D

Thank you so much! This plane is rather different. The problem for the interior is all the mechanism inside. System can't save the inside, but some will end up outside:thumbup:

7 hours ago, I_Igor said:

It looks good :thumbup:

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Plane is developing into something that could perhaps be part of @Superkoala's airport vehicles collection

I guess, but it isn't at the same scale. To be @Superkoala 's scale it would have to be 3 metres long. This plane is bordering 70cm.

12 hours ago, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

I guess, but it isn't at the same scale. To be @Superkoala 's scale it would have to be 3 metres long. This plane is bordering 70cm.

I'm affraid that you're right, but to fit to collection it does not have to be Airbus A380...I was just (loud) thinking about the scale...

3 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I'm affraid that you're right, but to fit to collection it does not have to be Airbus A380...I was just (loud) thinking about the scale...

True. In that case the airport catering truck fits the collection, too.

Update time!

So I needed to get the back done before adding jet engines and outer system details. So that's what I did.

IMG_5772

The rudder is connected to the ailerons, as it needs to be, and the elevator function is added, but no actual elevators yet.

The tail needs to be reinforced:

IMG_5773

This time, I tried especially to get the tapering in the rear right, as @Jeroen Ottens said that the tapering didn't work in the previous plane. How does it look?

IMG_5774

The landing gear will not be gears at the end of the build.

The wings were also patched up a but:

IMG_5775

Here's a top profile. How is it looking?

IMG_5776

The may be the last update before completion. Please answer these questions:

1. How does the back look?

2. How is the wing/ body ratio?

3. Are the wings too far in front?

Thank you!

It's good on all questions, just plain (pun intended) :laugh:, it needs more color, style, and overall pop.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

it needs more color, style, and overall pop.

You're completely right, I was thinking of this myself. I want to add all the plane stuff, then add some color.

Just now, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

You're completely right, I was thinking of this myself. I want to add all the plane stuff, then add some color.

Good, do that then, the wings are fine how they are.

True. In that case the airport catering truck fits the collection, too.

It fits collection but when you could make it based on 49.5 tires it would also fit the scale :wink:

Obout your plane, so far I will (allow me to) point out that you need to make proper tale, passenger seats and stickers for windows 

42 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

proper tale, passenger seats and stickers for windows 

Proper tail- yes, definitely. I think system may come in handy. Passenger seats- there's only room for pilot seats, which I have added- no more due to all the mechanism in the fuselage.

Stickers for windows- if I can. If not this will be a cargo edition :wink: I will try though, because it seems this really needs stickers.

37 minutes ago, powder12321 said:

But where are the windows :tongue:

Possibly stickers. No actual windows, unless you want to see the innards of the plane :classic:

Wow, nice idea and build so far! I like it a lot, and the mean (almost evil) look of the cockpit is just fascinating (I'm not sure if it's an effect from the photos only)!

Stickers for windows- if I can. If not this will be a cargo edition :wink:

Or it is indeed a passenger plane, only that it is using future technology with monitors inside instead of windows, for lighter/stronger fuselage. So we don't see any windows from outside... :laugh:

I love your airplane build. Aspecially because it is build out of technic. 2 fortieth anniversary liftarms 1 on eatch side would look nice on your airplane.:wink::thumbup:

32 minutes ago, kolbjha said:

I like it a lot, and the mean (almost evil) look of the cockpit is just fascinating (I'm not sure if it's an effect from the photos only)!

Thank you so much! I didn't even see that the cockpit looked evil... now that you mention it, it really does:devil:

33 minutes ago, kolbjha said:

Or it is indeed a passenger plane, only that it is using future technology with monitors inside instead of windows, for lighter/stronger fuselage. So we don't see any windows from outside... :laugh:

I think I'm just gonna go with that explanation...:wink:

Just now, JDL1967 said:

I love your airplane build. Aspecially because it is build out of technic. 2 fortieth anniversary liftarms 1 on eatch side would look nice on your airplane.:wink::thumbup:

Thanks a lot! And I completely forgot about the 40th liftarms, thanks for reminding me! Unfortunately, I only have 1...

I like what you've done so far but I'd like to suggest a few little tweaks.

i think your wings are too swept back for a commercial plane. If you straighten them slightly perhaps as little as 5 degrees on the leading edge it'll look better.

when you do this the wings will also look too far forward, most probably by 2 studs so that should bring it in line with the split between your panels.

the wings may be a bit narrow but that'll only show once you have put the engines on it.

rear of the fuselage is always difficult as it tapers in 2 directions but looks like you're making good progress

keep up the good work