Just now, Bartybum said:

All that doesn’t account for the box being the same size as that of 42055... *huh*

Maybe not, but I don't suppose they make such a big box for nothing but air...

Just now, rener said:

Maybe not, but I don't suppose they make such a big box for nothing but air...

I don't think so either, but then again it wouldn't be the first time they did :laugh:

Just now, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It is quite an irony that the so-callled autonomous is not a remote control set...

An autonomous vehicle is....autonomous. Not remotely controlled. Should be a Mindstorms set :wink: 

Are autonomous machines in real life really, like, totally autonomous? With no inteference at all from human? Or are they just controlled from a distance? I'm having a hard time picturing how a loader can be fully autonomous, like, totally aware of what it should do and how it should do...

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Are autonomous machines in real life really, like, totally autonomous? With no inteference at all from human? Or are they just controlled from a distance?

An autonomous vehicle is per definition not controlled (imho).

An autonomous car and unmanned ground vehicle is a vehicle that is capable of sensing its environment and navigating without human input.

Just want to remind that I found a new part: Dog bone H frame 3x7 in red.

Do we even have the 3x7 H-frame in LBG? I only know the 3x5, which we have in red in the 42070.

Just now, degenerate said:

It is a bit ironic that the autonomous vehicle is 100% manually controlled though :wink:

If you don't touch it, it's autonomous :laugh:
(altough it doesn't do very much, that's true hehe)

Yes indeed the bracing on the boom of 42082. 

And based on the shadow, I think there are 4 gear rack quadrants in black. In other words it's the same XL turntable with 42055, but in black.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Just now, Jim said:

If you don't touch it, it's autonomous :laugh:
(altough it doesn't do very much, that's true hehe)

An autonomous paper weight :laugh:

Just now, degenerate said:

Didn't notice it before, but the more I look at it now the more I think you're right.

Yup.

1 hour ago, degenerate said:

Edit: Okay so, I tried measuring the height of the crane in relation to the height of the tires, and it's a guessing game really...
The crane measures 12mm high and a tire is anything between 1-1,5mm, hard to get a good measurement.
I doesn't look like there's 3 numbers on there though, my guess would be it says 85 or 95cm on the box, looks like either one if you ask me.

I make it to be approximately 113 to 115 studs high, which would equate to around 90cm.  So, that fits with your estimate.

I used the height of the wall panel being lifted, rather than the wheel diameter.

12 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

i'm still struggling to find the pics... within the rules, can anyone help me please!

Can we stop asking for pictures? I have made it pretty clear.

Send all the PM you want, but stop asking it here.

I'm impressed with what I see. The forklift is a little basic, but it appears to have a two stage boom! It's been a while since we have had a decent size forklift, so I am pleased.

42080 looks pretty wacky, but I'm a big fan of fellers, and this is nice addition to the lineup. Plus having PF and Pneumatic in the same set is always fun. And lime!

42081 looks wild, and have sort of bug look going on. It's kind of fun, and would be a great way to get the Volvo loader bucket and the Claas tires again.

42082 looks impressive and clean. I think I like it better than 42009. It appears the engine is just exposed, not hanging off the back. Also, I'm not convinced by the 3x7 dogbone. It may just be two of these, and two of these, all in red.

Edited by Thirdwigg