Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Wait, what? The Aragog set is only 15$? I was hoping we'd get a Shelob-sized Aragog this time around (akin to the 2002 version, at least in terms of size), but at that price point it'll most definitely be along the lines of that puny one from the last Hagrid's Hut set :laugh_hard:

Just now, Robert8 said:

So, the Aragog set is pretty much a brick built spider and 2 minifigures

That's probably gonna be the least wanted set, just a quick way to get Harry and Ron

1 hour ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

Newt's Suitcase - $24.99

Well at that price, the suitcase really couldn't be brick built anyway, right?

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Well at that price, the suitcase really couldn't be brick built anyway, right?

I was thinking maybe he got the prices for the Willow and suitcase mixed up because $70 for a tree and car is a bit excessive in my opinion

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

I was thinking maybe he got the prices for the Willow and suitcase mixed up because $70 for a tree and car is a bit excessive in my opinion

Still, if that were the case, $70 for a suitcase with brick built critters? *huh*

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Still, if that were the case, $70 for a suitcase with brick built critters? *huh*

That would at least give it chance to be big and include maybe 10 of the creatures we see in the movie (e.g. Niffler, Bowtruckle, Murtlap, Occamy, Thunderbird, Demiguise, Erumpents, Nundus, Billywig, Swooping Evil) 

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Wait, what? The Aragog set is only 15$? I was hoping we'd get a Shelob-sized Aragog this time around (akin to the 2002 version, at least in terms of size), but at that price point it'll most definitely be along the lines of that puny one from the last Hagrid's Hut set :laugh_hard:

It should at least be as good as the spider build from 31073.

So I've been wondering, Ford Anglia Escape sounds way more like an Escape from Privet Drive set rather than the Whomping Willow. There wasn't really any escaping in that scene, just crashing. It also would make way more sense price wise. Both scenes combined perhaps?

Just now, Huigberts Builds said:

So I've been wondering, Ford Anglia Escape sounds way more like an Escape from Privet Drive set rather than the Whomping Willow. There wasn't really any escaping in that scene, just crashing. It also would make way more sense price wise. Both scenes combined perhaps?

Someone at LEGO HQ put a gun to their head and made them include ONE vehicle for the kids. They retaliated by making it with a giant brick built Whomping Willow.

16 minutes ago, doclord said:

Someone at LEGO HQ put a gun to their head and made them include ONE vehicle for the kids. They retaliated by making it with a giant brick built Whomping Willow.

In fairness, basically the only vehicles in the entire Harry Potter franchise are the Hogwarts Express, the Ford Angelia, and Sirius/Hagrid's motorbike. That said, I am looking forward to a big Whomping Willow, preferably with the secret passage underneath it. The Shrieking Shack is probably a bit much to hope for, though. 

You know what I really wish they'd put in a set, though? The Hungarian Horntail. Maybe in 2019 . . .

I can't see this licence being just a one off, I think it's here to stay.  I am very surprised at how high the price of the Whomping Willow set is and how low the Suitcase is, personally I think that it is the wrong way round unless of course it does include Privet Drive.  

I can't wait to see how the Great Hall turns out given the high price point for it, I'm sure it will include all 4 house tables and hopefully some Ravenclaw & Hufflepuff students.  The fact that this is a separate set gets me even more exited for the D2C Hogwarts as I feel that the Great Hall would have had the highest piece count for a Hogwarts building had it been included in the D2C set.  

Given the price point of the D2C Hogwarts I am expecting to see rooms we have never seen in a HP Hogwarts before, and some from the original castles as well.  I think Lego must have realised how much we liked the 'add on' for the last Hogwarts castle set and decided to go down a similar route again.  I just hope they don't concentrate the piece count on the exterior of Hogwarts too much.

Also, would it be too much to hope for Quidditch Outfits for Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff to?:grin:

My guess is that Newt's Briefcase isn't a full brick built briefcase with buildable creatures... It's probably going to be a set with maybe Newt, Tina, or Jacob with one creature, like the erumpant or something, maybe similar to that new Black Panther set with the rhino. They just have to throw in FB sets, even though we'd all prefer more Potter.

The Harry Potter sets sound great though, they seem to be focusing more on the Hogwarts grounds and building that up rather than additional places like the Hogwarts Express, Burrow, and Diagon Alley. Once all the sets are done, it'll probably be really cool to see a big castle along with the Forbidden Forest (Aragog, Whomping Willow, Flying Car, possibly Hagrid's Hut?)

I think the price for the whomping willownisnt insane. I think it will give us a decent sized build with plenty of detail.

just 2 destroy some wishful thinking..

the linked picture has a great hall, which is probably contains about 5.000+ pieces. And the interior still isn't that big (notice the benches are just 1 stud deep). So even if you cut it in half, u end up with a 300$ set just for the great hall.

Hogwarts- left

I say the best thing we could hope for is a UCS style set, just like this smaller moc, to which you can add one $150 set (great hall) and another $ 70-100 set, to make it a complete castle. Plus a few "smaller" sets that add to the environment (wamping willow, Hagrits hut, some forrest stuff with spiders). btw notice that the great hall from the smaller moc has just 2 tables.

HOGWARTS CASTLE

Another option would be some smaller-non castle sets and a series of 100-500 sets over the next 2 years, that would make for a decent Hogwarts (still not including most rooms you've numbered above). That would be a pretty big investement though.

And of course they could also make another UCS Hoth fail set: lots of rooms, but not really for display. Like the great hall could just be an open playset without a roof or any plan to atach it to a castle.

The prices for the new sets are good. The whole wave will cost around $730 then. I’m very excited! I am a bit worried about Aragog’s size for a $15 set, and about the suitcase being $25. I’m pumped about the Willow being $70 since that means we can get a huge detailed tree with hopefully a Technic function to make the branches whip and spin around! The Great Hall at $90 means we can get one that’s really big and detailed and it’ll fit in very nicely with the D2C. 

13 hours ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

I totally agree. And it should be pretty big judging by the price tag

We have prices for the sets from Mario.power56. They Are: Aragog - $14.99; Newt's Suitcase - $24.99; CoG set - $29.99; Ford Anglia Escape - $69.99; Great Hall $89.99

Can we confirm that there will be the true set of the wave?

And no news about minifigs series? I am scared ...

Edit: from the brick show

• 75950 – Confidential LEGO Harry Potter (19.1 x 14.1 x 4.6 cm)
  • 75953 – Confidential LEGO Harry Potter (48 x 28.2 x 7.4 cm)
  • 75954 – Confidential LEGO Harry Potter (48 x 37.8 x 7.1 cm)

• 75951 – Confidential LEGO Fantastic Beasts (26.2 x 14.1 x 4.8 cm)
  • 75952 – Confidential LEGO Fantastic Beasts (38.2 x 26.2 x 5.7 cm)
Edited by Black Numenorean

1 hour ago, Black Numenorean said:

75951 – Confidential LEGO Fantastic Beasts (26.2 x 14.1 x 4.8 cm)

I hope that means, that we won´t get something like this Juniors Suitcase as Newt´s Suitcase (because of different box size).

23 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I hope that means, that we won´t get something like this Juniors Suitcase as Newt´s Suitcase (because of different box size).

Maybe we still might, just different sized. If they did it, though, there would be more space inside for more creatures and potentially minifigures than if the case was brick-built

I hope the uniforms are more like the 2005 ones so they can be used with any skin tone. I'd hate to finally get a complete set of uniforms but only be able to make light nougat students. What about Dean Thomas, or Zabini?

I think that the D2C Hogwarts will contain:

• stairwell (with the stairs mooving like in the movies)
  • library (with about two shelves)
  • hospital (2-4 beds)
  • DADA Classroom (2-4 Benches; you can change pictures according to which teacher)
  • Magic Potion Classroom (2-4 Benches)
  • Owlery (small tower)
  • Griffindor Common Room
  • Slytherin Common Room
  • Myrtles Girls Toilet

As minifigures I imagine:

• Harry
  • Ron
  • Hermione
  • Neville
  • Seamus
  • Percy
  • Ginny
  • Draco
  • Crabbe
  • Goyle
  • Luna
  • Cedric
  • Dumbledore
  • McGonagall
  • Snape
  • Slughorn
  • Quirell
  • Lockhard
  • Lupin
  • Mad-Eye Moody
  • Umbridge
  • Firence
  • Filch
  • Madam Pomfrey
  • Madam Pince
  • Moaning Myrtle
Edited by Praetorian_Guard
Added minifigs

50 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I think that the D2C Hogwarts will contain:

• stairwell (with the stairs mooving like in the movies)
  • library (with about two shelves)
  • hospital (2-4 beds)
  • DADA Classroom (2-4 Benches; you can change pictures according to which teacher)
  • Magic Potion Classroom (2-4 Benches)
  • Owlery (small tower)
  • Griffindor Common Room
  • Slytherin Common Room
  • Myrtles Girls Toilet

As minifigures I imagine:

• Harry
  • Ron
  • Hermione
  • Neville
  • Seamus
  • Percy
  • Ginny
  • Draco
  • Crabbe
  • Goyle
  • Luna
  • Cedric
  • Dumbledore
  • McGonagall
  • Snape
  • Slughorn
  • Quirell
  • Lockhard
  • Lupin
  • Mad-Eye Moody
  • Umbridge
  • Firence
  • Filch
  • Madam Pomfrey
  • Madam Pince
  • Moaning Myrtle

I like the ideas but I kinda think that they'll save most of the more obscure figs for the CMS

2 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Given the dimensions and the supposed $25 price point (which would typically translate to around 200-250 pieces for licensed IP sets), I think that's exactly what it means. It seems highly unlikely there would be enough bricks to build both a suitcase and the creatures inside unless it were all very, very small.... at best you'd end up with the little microbuilds that come in the Advent calendars?

Do you think they'll do a uniform torso that''s just the jumper or print robes on kind of like they did with the most recent Ben Kenobi figure