Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

You were WRONG. The only person who should feel awkward is yourself. 

Alright let’s not get into this again. The guy obviously has an ego let’s just let it go. It’s not worth getting the thread shut down again. Savvy?

On 8/20/2018 at 1:33 PM, LordVoldemort said:

But unfortunately for you I am right about the micro scale diagonal alley.

Oh look I posted that 3 days ago^.

On 8/20/2018 at 12:45 PM, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Agreed. Hogwarts in microscale makes sense. Diagon Alley in micro scale would never make sense at any level.

Oh look who wasn’t right^

On 8/20/2018 at 12:39 PM, LegoSims20 said:

Assumption. User is notorious for it. 

Lol^

On 8/20/2018 at 12:33 PM, LegoSims20 said:

You don't know anything so please don't fear monger. 

Lol^

On 8/20/2018 at 12:29 PM, LordVoldemort said:

I hate to break it to all you system scale lovers- the diagon alley leak is 100% a microsale set. I was right about Hogwarts d2c having a ton of interiors and I’m right about this. 

I hope I won’t be attacked next time haha

10 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

This type of scale is what I LOVE as just a mini model that isn't too expensive. I wish they'd have made a full Hogwarts like this instead of the hybrid 71043.

I'm confused about what you want. Hogwarts is miniature and in a somewhat similar scale to this Diagon Alley.

2 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

LegoSims20 vs LordVoldemort

gee that’s like if umbridge fought Gilderoy Lockhart 

Lol true. We’re talking about Lego so This argument is more for fun. I hope the mods realize that haha I hope Lego sims isn’t genuinely angry as we are talking about toys

The Diagon Alley is such a cute build! I can't wait to have it. ( It will be so fun to build on my cramped desk. I won't have to worry about space lol! )

I have to say, microscale builds remind me of paintings. Up close, one can see each paint brush or each 1 x 1 piece. But from afar or blurred vision, they look really great in how it all meshes together...and the set sometimes can seem bigger than it is!

8 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

LegoSims20 vs LordVoldemort

gee that’s like if umbridge fought Gilderoy Lockhart 

Brilliant

I’ll admit I was wrong by saying Diagon Alley wouldn’t work in microscale at any level, it does work for a promo set like this. But the actual Diagon Alley set if we get one down the road will not be microscale. I think we all know that’s what we were talking about.

12 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Brilliant

I’ll admit I was wrong by saying Diagon Alley wouldn’t work in microscale at any level, it does work for a promo set like this. But the actual Diagon Alley set if we get one down the road will not be microscale. I think we all know that’s what we were talking about.

Yes aha!

im in the same boat as you there my friend

I actually can’t wait for a system scale diagon alley tho

On 8/20/2018 at 2:19 AM, Huigberts Builds said:

it looks more like the architecture las vegas skyline tbh.

I was pretty close to what it actually was I think, kinda. I'm happy I waited with buying all sets on day 1 now.

3 minutes ago, Legoniche said:

Yes aha!

im in the same boat as you there my friend

I actually can’t wait for a system scale diagon alley tho

Me neither, it’s so iconic. Although part of me hopes they save a system scale Gringotts for a Deathly Hallows set Sith the dragon. Unless they just included the dragon in a Diagon Alley set that encompassed all the films. That would be ideal

4 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Me neither, it’s so iconic. Although part of me hopes they save a system scale Gringotts for a Deathly Hallows set Sith the dragon. Unless they just included the dragon in a Diagon Alley set that encompassed all the films. That would be ideal

That would most likely be the case- that way a new bellatrix could be available if she doesn’t all ready appear in a battle at the ministry for magic or astronomy tower set 

What if we're all wrong and the twist is that there is a UCS system scale Diagon Alley and this is the free gift!? :O

Haha but anyway, this set is lovely and I will get one no matter what I have to do. 

1 hour ago, LegoFjotten said:

As promo sets go, I think it's pretty cool! Relatively large, boxed, with a (so far) unique figure. Sure beats a small polybag with 30-40 pieces and a repeat minifig.

However.... I hope this is the last Harry Potter microscale set we will see in a looooooong time.

My thoughts exactly, no more micro-scale; Lego! This gives us a new minifig so that is fine, but I would have preferred a system-scale set e.g. a part of Ollivanders wand shop.. 

2 minutes ago, LegoSims20 said:

What if we're all wrong and the twist is that there is a UCS system scale Diagon Alley and this is the free gift!? :O

Haha but anyway, this set is lovely and I will get one no matter what I have to do. 

I was thinking that as well, would certainly be over the moon if that was the case

lets hope ??

So there’s no way Lego is not going to make a system scale diagon alley, so this ollivander can’t remain exclusive to this set

Oh great.  Another page of people slagging off microscale sets  

As far as I’m concerned long may they continue! 

1 hour ago, LegoSims20 said:

If they don't let me have this as I've already bought Hogwarts I will be freakin furious!!!

Yea, way to alienate the most hardcore customers.

35 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Ooooh, yes! They should definitely break up Diagon Alley into multiple sets. We could have one set about Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, one Ollivander's, one for Gringott's . . and then the inevitable D2C could include Flourish and Blott's and Borgin and Burkes'. 

I’m lost, why are we assuming it’s microscale...? I dont see confirmation anywhere. 

3 minutes ago, Ultron said:

I’m lost, why are we assuming it’s microscale...? I dont see confirmation anywhere. 

There’s an image on Instagram

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don’t think so as usually gwp are advertised on lego store’s calanders and this one isn’t on the September calander

Look at it this way though. If they had advertised it in the September calendar, they wouldn’t have had any success with the early VIP release because everyone would have just waited. So it’s possible that it was just an economical move 

Interesting choice for a promo set, but I'm all for it as long as it's not that much of hassle to acquire it :grin: The amount of detail is amazing for a set of this size and I really like the use of TLBM Robin's head for the Weasley shop :laugh:

3 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

This doesn’t mean we won’t get a full sized Diagon Alley set in the future. It’s just a promo set so it really doesn’t mean anything at all

True but I was hoping it would  come out this winter. But I can wait.