Robert8

Harry Potter 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

22 hours ago, BP VFX said:

This is not a good example. They just hid who the character is, and not totally erased it.

22 hours ago, topiku said:

It's 70 dollars, 50 dollars is the other Crimes of Grindelwald set

Prices confirmed by @Sir von Lego:

71022 3.99 EUR

the carriage from FB will cost 29.99 EUR

grrat hall 99.99 EUR

the “tree with car” 49.99 EUR

aragog in the forest 19.99 EUR

two more sets (39.99 EUR and 69.99 EUR), one has to be the suitcase.

56 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This is not a good example. They just hid who the character is, and not totally erased it.

71022 3.99 EUR

grrat hall 99.99 EUR

Those are the prices in euro, not in dollars ?

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

71022 3.99 EUR

grrat hall 99.99 EUR

Aren't there meant to be two retailer exclusives, a HP Quidditch set, and a FB set with young Dumbledore? If so, we're still missing the price for one set, unless I've completely misunderstood something.

46 minutes ago, topiku said:

Those are the prices in euro, not in dollars ?

Sir von Lego is from Germany. Also, I don't mean to be rude, but Lego is a European toy, and you're on a website called Eurobricks. The price not being in American money isn't that unusual.

Just now, Felkin said:

Aren't there meant to be two retailer exclusives, a HP Quidditch set, and a FB set with young Dumbledore? If so, we're still missing the price for one set, unless I've completely misunderstood something.

Sir von Lego is from Germany. Also, I don't mean to be rude, but Lego is a European toy, and you're on a website called Eurobricks. The price not being in American money isn't that unusual.

Bro are you kidding me... 

If you haven‘t read what I was saying before then you shouldn‘t answer.

TheLegoBatman said that the whomping willow would be 50 dollars, I replied saying it‘s going to be 70 dollars. After that he showed the post from SirvonLego where he mentions the set being 50 EURO! 

And I‘m german too and haven‘t said a single bad thing about the prices not being in dollars, I don‘t even care about the american prices dude

4 hours ago, topiku said:

And I‘m german too and haven‘t said a single bad thing about the prices not being in dollars, I don‘t even care about the american prices dude

I do though. Whatever though.

Just now, andrewthelegomaniacmandrew said:

i hope for the minifigure series they'll include rita skeeter

Maybe next year. If they do all the years this year then they probably will though.

29 minutes ago, hotdogs11 said:

Maybe next year. If they do all the years this year then they probably will though.

i only want her in the minifigure series because that is really the only quote on quote set you could put her in aside from polybag.

also this whole argument about peeves if they wanted to put him in a set i would call him "the poltergeist" or something like that

i have said this already and i'll say it again i hope that a young version of ginny and neville are in this new line of sets somewhere.

Just now, andrewthelegomaniacmandrew said:

i only want her in the minifigure series because that is really the only quote on quote set you could put her in aside from polybag.

also this whole argument about peeves if they wanted to put him in a set i would call him "the poltergeist" or something like that

i have said this already and i'll say it again i hope that a young version of ginny and neville are in this new line of sets somewhere.

They could put her in a weighing of the wands. maybe a cheap way to get the champions?

16 minutes ago, hotdogs11 said:

They could put her in a weighing of the wands. maybe a cheap way to get the champions?

but that never happened in the films. and it isnt in any unique location like the slytherin or gryffindor common rooms so they couldn't make a set out of it. if i wanted to put the champions in something i would put them in a big maze set.

LEGO can put whatever figs they want into whatever sets they want, so long as WB doesn't object. If/when we ever get GoF sets again, and there is a set with a dragon in it, Rita could easily appear in it... or in most any other set for that matter. That said, I think a CMF is also a likely place she would show up. 

3 hours ago, jdubbs said:

That said, I think a CMF is also a likely place she would show up

I agree, some figs are better suited and more likely to show up in cmf than normal sets..

What the you guys think about the ravenclaw student in this first wave? We would all like to get one, but in the two first films they are very anonymous :wink:

We have gotten Susan Bones, but Hufflepuff students are much more prominent in the first two films.. Turns out the girl playing Susan Bones is the daughter of Chris Columbus the director of the fist two films  :classic:

Grand Hall should be around 110€/120€ in Portugal , got 120€ in VIP Points...guess i know where those are going :D 

The Willow Tree is suppose to connect to the grand hall correct?

So 2 sets with 16 minifigs...why cant all lego set SPECIALLY Marvel/DC set be like this LEGO?

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

I agree, some figs are better suited and more likely to show up in cmf than normal sets..

What the you guys think about the ravenclaw student in this first wave? We would all like to get one, but in the two first films they are very anonymous :wink:

We have gotten Susan Bones, but Hufflepuff students are much more prominent in the first two films.. Turns out the girl playing Susan Bones is the daughter of Chris Columbus the director of the fist two films  :classic:

Penelope Clearwater is the only one from the films, really. It might be easier to just have Ravenclaw boy/girl.

38 minutes ago, just_one said:

The Willow Tree is suppose to connect to the grand hall correct?

It can be combined, so not necessarily connect.. The GH has holes to connect it to something, if that is the WW, d2c or both time will tell :wink:

38 minutes ago, just_one said:

So 2 sets with 16 minifigs...

That is not confirmed, but possible yes..

17 hours ago, hotdogs11 said:

we got peeves in 2001 though

Remember the sets were 2001, the same year as the movie. LEGO often gets descriptions of the movie in pre-production to work from and it is likely that it was already decided to include Peeves in the sets before the final cut of the movie was made. Also I don't think LEGO actually named him. Bricklink does, but this was a time when LEGO didn't name characters on the box, just in the minimal set descriptions or set titles.

8 hours ago, andrewthelegomaniacmandrew said:

but that never happened in the films.

And LEGO never sticks a character into an unrelated set, just because they have nowhere else to put them ...

7965?id=kY-Q31&fmt=jpg&fit=constrain,1&w

^ That's the scene were vader and obi fights while the rest are going to the falcon.

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Penelope Clearwater is the only one from the films, really. It might be easier to just have Ravenclaw boy/girl.

I am sure Lego would never release unnamed HP characters when they have so many figs people are expecting them to make..

Penelope Clearwater have a very small part in the finished film, but at least she has her name on IMDB so that may very well be enough to get a minifig! Rather odd if we end up with a fig of her before her boyfriend Percy Weasley *huh*

10 minutes ago, Robianco said:

This thread is in serious need of moderation.

To be fair, there's very little to discuss at this stage. Two sets revealed, some credible information out there, and some less credible information. Once some more pictures come out I think we can try to stick to our usual "discuss the sets only" rule, but in the meantime, I don't see the point in shutting down discussion as long as it's mostly focused on Wizarding World sets/rumors of sets.

Is the Ford Anglia definitely coming in the Whomping Willow set? I think that probably means a future Privet Drive set is less likely.

Without the car breaking the bars off Harry's bedroom window, the main play features would be the flying letters from PS, Dobby dropping the cake in COS and Marge's blowing up in POA, however none of these are as exciting as the car in my opinion. Hopefully we get the main three Dursley's in the CMS as has been rumoured, although I think those have been confirmed as false, with the posibility of Marge coming in a later series.

Just now, Seaber said:

Without the car breaking the bars off Harry's bedroom window, the main play features

I’d rather we get a set without play features and it be a D2C on the detail level of the Simpsons house

15 minutes ago, harleydavid98 said:

I’d rather we get a set without play features and it be a D2C on the detail level of the Simpsons house

Well I think Privet Drive is more or less last in line of houses in HP to have a set, it is just a normal house.. The following houses on the other hand are wizzard homes and all have there own distinct style and would make much more interesting sets in my opinion :wink:

• The Burrow
  • Shell Cottage
  • 12 Grimmauld Place
  • Hagrid's Hut
  • Lovegood House
  • Malfoy Manor

If they make PD then one with all the owls sitting on it would be my choice :laugh:

32 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

To be fair, there's very little to discuss at this stage. Two sets revealed, some credible information out there, and some less credible information. Once some more pictures come out I think we can try to stick to our usual "discuss the sets only" rule, but in the meantime, I don't see the point in shutting down discussion as long as it's mostly focused on Wizarding World sets/rumors of sets.

Yeah. I know what you mean. It's just a little painful to read at the moment. I think the thread was started when things were very much at a 'slight murmur' as it was a theme reboot rather than the regular yearly release threads and it's been a thread that has also had it's fair share of hopeful wish listing because of this. Now we're almost at the release stage of the sets it still feels like the firm rumours i.e. based on a reliable source are at a premium and are difficult to separate from the 'some bloke on the internet' rumours. Hopefully things will calm down once the sets are officially revealed and we can see where the more accurate information came from.

Just now, Roebuck said:

Well I think Privet Drive is more or less last in line of houses in HP to have a set, it is just a normal house.. The following houses on the other hand are wizzard homes and all have there own distinct style and would make much more interesting sets in my opinion :wink:

• The Burrow
  • Shell Cottage
  • 12 Grimmauld Place
  • Hagrid's Hut
  • Lovegood House
  • Malfoy Manor

If they make PD then one with all the owls sitting on it would be my choice :laugh:

Oh it’s by far my last choice for house, although I couldn’t see us getting Shell Cottage I mean nothing really happens there, but I’d love a new Burrow and Hagrid’s Hut, but I think they should all be D2C (apart from Hagrid’s) because it means better sets and more detail