29 minutes ago, Sr1847 said:

I don’t know what they found the this out but in The TTV’s recent brickfeed episode (which was live streamed and it’s not archived yet) they said the stormbringer will have 2 books in it; one for boost and one for the actual stormbringer set without boost

Really? That's unusual... I would have expected the building instructions to be online, or even in the Lego Boost app. It's rare for even alternate build instructions in themes other than Creator to get physical booklets these days, let alone builds that require multiple sets...

25 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Really? That's unusual... I would have expected the building instructions to be online, or even in the Lego Boost app. It's rare for even alternate build instructions in themes other than Creator to get physical booklets these days, let alone builds that require multiple sets...

Waste of paper in my opinion. 

2 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

I don’t know what they found the this out but in The TTV’s recent brickfeed episode (which was live streamed and it’s not archived yet) they said the stormbringer will have 2 books in it; one for boost and one for the actual stormbringer set without boost

BZPower's article on the Boost/Ninjago sets states as much.

In August, you'll be able to buy the Stormbringer set for $40 and build a perfectly normal (and hopefully really cool) Ninjago set with no motors or anything fancy like that. However, the set will also include a separate set of instructions and a sensor. If you own or purchase the $160 Boost set, you can follow the instructions to rebuild the Stormbringer with the programmable brick to help bring the creature to life.

On a different note, I really hope Lego reveals Ninjago city Dockyard like they did with Ninjago City, just at an event.

2 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Zane Training Pod with $35 purchase!

Been looking forward to that! All we need now is Kendo Nya and we will have full Kendo versions of the new style of ninja! If only Zane had the rarer black training gi, but I assume the color scheme works out nicer this way. 

Edited by legozebra

21 hours ago, Sr1847 said:

Nevermind.

Edited by Bobathan Buan
article above

Back to the summer sets for a second, the new villain minifig looks great, as well as the weapons, I'm excited to see what else they have in store. 

Edited by KaiNinjaOfFire

Got the S.O.G. Headquarters. 

I kind of get what's they were going for, but it doesn't work all that well, honestly . . I think I prefer to interpret it as part of a sort of motorbike derby arena, rather than a place specifically built for the Ninja to go all "Spinjitzu SMASH!".

Now to get to adding things that make it more show accurate . . . what's the best way to MOC a pool table?

16 hours ago, legozebra said:

Been looking forward to that! All we need now is Kendo Nya and we will have full Kendo versions of the new style of ninja! If only Zane had the rarer black training gi, but I assume the color scheme works out nicer this way. 

Exclusive variants are always cool, yes. Aren't all black training gi's identical, like the white ones? You could easily swap the black arms for ones matching the ninja's signature colour. 

4 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Now to get to adding things that make it more show accurate . . . what's the best way to MOC a pool table?

10246_Back_04.jpg

From the Detective's office: https://brickset.com/sets/10246-1/Detective-s-Office

1 hour ago, Exetrius said:

Aren't all black training gi's identical, like the white ones? You could easily swap the black arms for ones matching the ninja's signature colour. 

Now that's a nice Idea.

39745388614_d95b10a7d4.jpgNinja arm swap by batalfie, on Flickr

I gave it a try, it works better with black hands, I also tried it on their dojo suits to make them look more individual.

Edited by Agent Kallus

6 hours ago, Exetrius said:

Exclusive variants are always cool, yes. Aren't all black training gi's identical, like the white ones? You could easily swap the black arms for ones matching the ninja's signature colour. 

10246_Back_04.jpg

From the Detective's office: https://brickset.com/sets/10246-1/Detective-s-Office

Yeah, I was more talking about the current exclusivity of the black suit - I bought a bunch of the Nya CMF to have all the training outfits for the ninja, but right now the cheapest way to get the black suit is in a $9 Training Pod (unless you go to Legoland and get the buggy polybag) so it’s a bit harder to have them all together in a display.

6 hours ago, Agent Kallus said:

Now that's a nice Idea.

Ninja arm swap by batalfie, on Flickr

I gave it a try, it works better with black hands, I also tried it on their dojo suits to make them look more individual.

This looks really cool, I might try.

4 hours ago, legozebra said:

the cheapest way to get the black suit is in a $9 Training Pod (unless you go to Legoland and get the buggy polybag)

Now I can see that you're in the states, but for those in the kingdom (and presumably the rest of Europe) there is a black gi Lloyd with the ninjago magazine for £4.50 which isn't exactly cheap but it's not too bad.

Edited by Agent Kallus

3 hours ago, legozebra said:

Yeah, I was more talking about the current exclusivity of the black suit - I bought a bunch of the Nya CMF to have all the training outfits for the ninja, but right now the cheapest way to get the black suit is in a $9 Training Pod (unless you go to Legoland and get the buggy polybag) so it’s a bit harder to have them all together in a display.

Actually the buggy polybag is at Walmart’s. I found them at a few Walmart’s I visited yesterday 

54 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Actually the buggy polybag is at Walmart’s. I found them at a few Walmart’s I visited yesterday 

Really? That’s awesome; thanks for the heads-up! I don’t go to Walmart often, but will be sure to make a trip to get a few of those, if only for the suits. Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The latest episode of sons of garmadon reveals who the master of dragons is most likely going to be...

Does it? All it revealed is the baby’s identity, and while it can be speculated he will become the master of dragons, there’s really no proof as to why that would be the case. The only reason as to why it might be him is because it’s doubtful it’s any of the six ninja, and even that’s up in the air as we have no idea what the dragon master even is at this point.

Edited by legozebra

23 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

The latest episode of sons of garmadon reveals who the master of dragons is most likely going to be...

I'm guessing you're referring to the baby reveal, which I don't really view as two connected things. In any case, don't the sets kinda sorta say who the Golden Master of Dragons is since only Lloyd does not get a named flier?

1 hour ago, Dardanel said:

I'm guessing you're referring to the baby reveal, which I don't really view as two connected things. In any case, don't the sets kinda sorta say who the Golden Master of Dragons is since only Lloyd does not get a named flier?

Golden Dragon Master has black eyes though. And not sure if they're the same person, but there's a GDM with black eyebrows next to Jay and Kai in one poster, and a GDM with white eyebrows on the box-art. Which would definitely fit if the Golden Dragon Master is the

Spoiler

Baby Wu rapidly aging back to his normal self.

..unless White Eyebrow GDM is actually the First Spinjitzu Master or someone completely different. And Lloyd goes back to his original design, and is Black Eyebrow GDM..

Edited by GarmaFan

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

This is the set discussion, remember? Identity is not relevant here in this case. 

@Agent Kallus Nice, man! :classic::thumbup:

Edited by Exetrius