Legochaek

Big box on Lego Facebook?

Do we know what the giant box on lego Facebook is? From zooming and stuff (pic too big to show sorry) doesn't look like UCS falcon. What is it? The suspense is killing me *huh*

Here's the image in question (and they say it's 4.8x larger than the London Bus):

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGJ-a9OUIAA-wyf.jpg:large

Twitter user @bryanmorse182 flipped it and pushed the contrast a bit and says you can see the Lego logo in the corner and a Millenium Falcon cockpit under it (top left corner)... and who knows if he's just playing around or what, but I definitely see it!  Could be a different form factor box for such a large set- nothing that says it has to be a huge rectangle.  Here's that image:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGKEKmZUwAEARo-.jpg:large

I hope it is the Millenium Falcon.  As nice as it would be to have it, I do not feel the need to purchase it.  The recent set from TFA will do for my collection.  No doubt this will be incredibly expensive.  I am already trying to save up for a trip overseas next summer and certainly do not need a "must have' set for hundreds of dollars throwing me off the trail.  

Unfortunately if it is the millennium falcon which i hope it is ,will open my UCS account. As a massive star wars fan i have resisted buying star wars lego sets and sticking to Town / Train as i can't buy everything, as i am quite obsessive compulsive about completing sets so would more than likely feel the need to acquire all of them. 

I have seriously considered building one of the Large MOCs plans available in the star wars forum and bricklinking the parts to have one awesome star wars set. This would tip me over the edge. Even if the set was at the $800 to $1000 mark.

It is the UCS MF. Lower levels in photoshop, rotate the image 90 degrees (the box is actually upside down) and you can easily make out the cockpit.

What about the slight weird colouring though? I definitely see yellow- and I've never seen a falcon box design with yellow on it. :)

5 minutes ago, Lego-fire said:

What about the slight weird colouring though? I definitely see yellow- and I've never seen a falcon box design with yellow on it. :)

Apparently  the background will be a sunset over bespin - like the Slave 1 box art which would explain the yellow.

Edited by Tariq j

I just had a go on it with gimp by myself. All I could make out was the Lego logo in the corner and the Star Wars-typcial banner on top when you turn the picture upside down. I'm not an expert with photo manipulation though, so others might be able to get more out of it. But I can already say I'm sure its not going to be a Death Star :laugh:

Here's my markup pic. http://imgur.com/NJ8kK3Z

On 02/08/2017 at 3:47 PM, Tariq j said:

Apparently  the background will be a sunset over bespin - like the Slave 1 box art which would explain the yellow.

Don't think it looks in the right place to just be a sunset- in the corner? How do you know, by the way :).

What is the purple in the right-hand top corner? Weird thing is the lego logo looks to be slightly below the purple rather than in the corner. 

Edited by Lego-fire

On 2017-08-02 at 4:01 AM, Wookiee said:

Unfortunately if it is the millennium falcon which i hope it is ,will open my UCS account. As a massive star wars fan i have resisted buying star wars lego sets and sticking to Town / Train as i can't buy everything, as i am quite obsessive compulsive about completing sets so would more than likely feel the need to acquire all of them. 

I have seriously considered building one of the Large MOCs plans available in the star wars forum and bricklinking the parts to have one awesome star wars set. This would tip me over the edge. Even if the set was at the $800 to $1000 mark.

I'm in a similar situation, but I finally popped my SW bubble last year when Ewok Village and Sandcrawler were on sale during Black Friday. Fast forward 9 months later and I have 9x USC SW sets in my collection plus a variety of other small, medium, and large sets from the last decade or so.

I avoided the SW theme for so long, but there's just been so many good sets. I suppose the release of Ep VII, R1, and the upcoming movies have fueled my interest...

The big box would be the MF.  There is a possibility that the second one could be the Winter Village set.  September seems doable for an early release as I think the release date for the train last year was in October.  

Well, it's the UCS MF all right. Bit disappointed gotta admit, I mean isn't this the 6th full size falcon they've done? ? And at £650.00  too ??‍♀️

Edited by Lego-fire

It's only the 2nd one in this size range, it has 5 times the parts of the other ones. I don't think you quite realise how huge this set is!

12 hours ago, Artanis I said:

It's only the 2nd one in this size range, it has 5 times the parts of the other ones. I don't think you quite realise how huge this set is!

Even 5x the last UCS? 

If it isn't the MF, or the other VIP early access, I hope it is the London Eye. Doubt it, but hey, what about the hint on the London Bus sticker. It happened with the freebie on the mini LB last year, maybe it will happen again!

On 01/09/2017 at 11:27 PM, Lego-fire said:

Even 5x the last UCS? 

Nah just 5x the normal falcons