Bregir

Brethren of the Brick Seas (BoBS) Intro Thread, Era II

22 minutes ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Here's how it works:

These Era tags are meant to be used in your signatures. Faction tags will follow, and hopefully soon appear below your profile pic :wink:

Okay, I'm going to look a gift horse in the mouth. And before everyone calls me out for it, I know I'm being a megablock here.

Thanks for your effort, but I really don't like the era tag being just a sig thing. I mean, my sig I can change on a whim, and I could have just put an era pic there without your help. Besides, my sig is for fallen London quotes. 

I was really hoping these would be profile tags. Those are hard to change, they're are proof that you've done something on Eurobricks. Anyone can have a sig. Not everyone has a tag.

I'll hold out hope for a faction tag I guess. 

And again, I know I'm being a jerk here. 

Hmm... sorry you don't like the idea :look:

Well, the advantage is that you not only get a faction tag, but can also collect several Era tags over time and display them all, instead of having to stick to just one.

1 hour ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

Just fyi, you can add/remove a link to/from a picture by posting it, then edit that post, ctrl + right click on picture, Edit Image/Remove Link.

I think it's faster to just double click the poster picture without posting & editing. :pir-wink:

[Edit: the picture, not the poster.]

Edited by Kai NRG

No one said one thing excluded the other.

But other than that, if you don't want the signature task, don't use it. You are free to do that, and there is no need to be snide about it. :pir-wink:

Some people (KB) actually put quite a lot of work into that (and a lot of other things for this game), based on a poll where people could give their opinions. There is no way we can satisfy all, but even if it doesn't always seem like it, we are actually trying...!

Hey, what are the rules for settlement licensed builds. Is it three a month as well? And can Mesabi Landing borrow from the BoC as well? :grin:

1 minute ago, Mesabi said:

Hey, what are the rules for settlement licensed builds. Is it three a month as well?

Yes. :pir-blush:

1 minute ago, Mesabi said:

And can Mesabi Landing borrow from the BoC as well? :grin:

I think the credit rating of the Mayor will prevent this currently. :pir-tongue:

I personally find it a bit saddening that the EGS, which to many is a far more important aspect of the game than the challenges, does not influence the rating in the slightest. And I am not saying that because I was the richest person at the end of Era II (which wouldn't even have to be the metric used, there are many others, might be like licensed one MOC of each category, or earned more than 1k DBs in one MRCA, or whatever). Just a personal thought, though. The tags look cool, anyways!

Hey, does the regular Build submittal form actually do anything? I just realized I like never use it. Does it have any impact on EGS?

And would someone be willing to donate 5 DBs to Mesabi Landing so I can build a small build there?

Edited by Mesabi

56 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

Hey, does the regular Build submittal form actually do anything? I just realized I like never use it. Does it have any impact on EGS?

And would someone be willing to donate 5 DBs to Mesabi Landing so I can build a small build there?

It gives you DBs for freebuilds... no wonder you are broke!!!!

11 minutes ago, Ayrlego said:

It gives you DBs for freebuilds... no wonder you are broke!!!!

That explains a lot....

Well, I'm off to enter a ton of builds into the sheet...

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

That explains a lot....

Well, I'm off to enter a ton of builds into the sheet...

The following is from the Basic EGS rules thread: (I was on my phone before so didn't link it)

3) Freebuilds – These are the everyday builds not associated with a challenge. Each freebuild earns points or DBs for your faction. These are calculated monthly by leadership. The first two freebuilds a month will earn a builder 10 DBs per build, the next two earn 5 DBs, and any more freebuilds during the same month will earn the builder 2 DBs. You must fill out a webform for your freebuild to be counted (see the Master Index).

So by entering all your previous builds in the same month, you have limited the amount you can earn. It might save the Count some economic stress if you submit as you go from now on!

@Kolonialbeamter Thanks for the signature tags! They look awesome!

Indeed, that NPC faction guide seems to come along nicely. There is some great variation in those Mardier troops, while they clearly belong to one nation - so well done!

Edited by Drunknok

Kolonialbeamter, the tags you made look awesome! Thank you for putting the time and energy into making them.

Elostirion, those Mardier troops look great! I must have some! Are those custom torso stickers? Where did you get them?

Just now, Drunknok said:

What category of property does a lighthouse fall into?

I think Commercial, since it helps commerce.

Just now, Mesabi said:

I think Commercial, since it helps commerce.

But a lighthouse is nothing like "A commerce building is a place where money and goods are exchanged."

In most cases, lighthouses also were the homes of those who operated them, so maybe a "residence" would fit. I would need somebody to explain to me in detail why it could be an artisan, but I would likely uy that one as well. I just want a definite answer.

I was told when I did a lighthouse that it was commercial. :shrug_confused:

I'll defer to the leadership here.

So, I have some questions. First, right now Count Mesabi and the WTC are one in the same. How would I separate the two, and what would be the rules of separation? Would the WTC exist as an entity that can license three builds a month as well, in addition to ships and what not? And as the CEO of the WTC, would I just be able to transfer funds back and forth? I don't want to just separate them ATM, but I do want the WTC to get a monopoly like MAESTRO, eventually. Of course, MAESTRO has like 10 people and I am just 1 in the WTC. Though, anyone is free to join me, just PM me!

Second, are towns able to start an AMCRA? or just people/corporations. (Because Corporations are people too :wink:

3 hours ago, Drunknok said:

The rules are open to a fair amount of interpretation, especially with builds that don't quite fit in any of the categories. As long as you aren't perceived to be 'gaming' the system by making a property type something it clearly isn't, you shouldn't have any issues.

In this case I am with Mesabi here. The purpose of a lighthouse is to safeguard shipping. Shipping is primarily a commercial or naval venture, and it can be argued that one of the navy's main purposes is to protect commercial shipping. Thus I believe making it perfectly acceptable to licence as a commercial property. Should I build a lighthouse that is what I would licence as.

An artisan could equally make sense in that there is probably a certain amount of skill in successfully operating a lighthouse... or a residence because as you say someone lives there. Whatever you choose, as long as you can reasonably justify your choice, nobody should question it.

2 hours ago, Mesabi said:

So, I have some questions. First, right now Count Mesabi and the WTC are one in the same. How would I separate the two,

I can't remember where the rules for Trade Companies are stipulated, and I can't find them in any of the main indexes. However, from memory to have a Trade Company recognised it requires several active members, one property licensed as a headquarters, two properties licensed as warehouses and at least one licensed ship. I think you can have an EGS account before the TC is recognised to allow you to license the required builds, you'd need to request one is made in the Accounts Summary thread, however I think that to have the account created you'd need more than one active member.

To gain a monopoly is hard - again from memory I think only one has been granted since the start of the game, and that was apples for MAESTRO. I am fuzzy on the exact requirements, but I believe you need multiple builds by multiple builders over an extended period of time.

Leadership or should be able to clarify both points, but I hope that helps for now.