Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

1 minute ago, cebelicamya said:

But it looks so big for a rat! 

Have you seen the new mouse from cmf 18? That is a big mouse *huh* The rats can be rather big so it looks like the rat size is ok to me :wink:

12 hours ago, Feng-huang0296 said:

Okay, seen them now. It's a shame that there isn't a picture of 60194...

Yes there is. Large snowmobile on caterpillar tracks, cave with new polar bear, driller and trapper with husky.

1 hour ago, cebelicamya said:

But it looks so big for a rat! 

I think they are different animals, because if you compare hp photo with arctic photo, the hp rat has small tail and arctic  animal has bigger tail like a cat.

Definitely too big for a rat.

What with the (Manny) mammoth and (Diego) sabre tooth tiger also appearing, I'm guessing they couldn't officially negotiate the licence! :laugh:

33c94x3.jpg

Edited by Lucarex
Pic resize

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought of Ice Age when they saw a saber tooth, wooly mammoth and some kind of rodent or sloth (Scrat or Sid).

But many Lego animals have been a tad out of scale especially next to minifigures. The old rat mold (like in Pet Shop/Parisian) was rather large as well, the size of a minifigure torso or opossum sized and dwarfs the newer rabbit that comes with the CMF Veterinarian. Lego Friends rabbit is huge as well, giant Flemish rabbit sized. Every lobster is the catch of the year, the spiders are all Goliath bird-eaters on steroids. The seagulls must be well fed as they're practically bald eagle sized compared to a minifigure and so on.

3 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Yes there is. Large snowmobile on caterpillar tracks, cave with new polar bear, driller and trapper with husky.

Definitely too big for a rat.

What with the (Manny) mammoth and (Diego) sabre tooth tiger also appearing, I'm guessing they couldn't officially negotiate the licence! :laugh:

Yes, that's what i said.

Lol ? 

Now with Ice Age comparisson, i think the mistery animal looks more like Sid than squirrel. It is a little to big for squirrel. So therefore maybe is Mylodon!

38998480910_5905bd17fb_m_d.jpg

Edited by cebelicamya

But check out the size of this rat, bunny and turkey, sure they can get that big but its legendary status. Also has anyone else's dolphin grown legs, I'm thinking we need to take a second look at Octan wastewater dumping.

40810590591_d7829cb77d_c.jpg

image.png.f1193d7e16f3d9971d294715afa1997d.png

I could be wrong, but it is quite similar to the rat from HP.. Fine by me if we get even another animal :tongue:

Edited by Roebuck
typo

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

image.png.f1193d7e16f3d9971d294715afa1997d.png

I could be wrong, but it is quite similar to the rat from HP.. Fine by me if we get even another animal :tongue:

Well you convinced me with this picture, case closed ? lol. Definitely rat! 

On 3/13/2018 at 2:31 PM, cebelicamya said:

I don't like the sets, only animals. 

Same.

On 3/14/2018 at 9:12 AM, Lucarex said:

I thought along a very similar line.

So here is a little piece of info reguarding the exclusive set. It is called the artic transport plane. It comes with 707 pieces. To keep with the prehistoric theme there is a frozen caveman they are getting out and most likely the orca

I was happy to find out the color was going to be the same orange and the recent arctic theme I was excited. When I saw the leaked pictures I was super disappointed, they totally Nexo Knighted it :( I knew the animals were going to be good either way.

Thank you all very much for the info! :classic:

No Arctic set has a base - really disappointing. So I very likely won't buy the sets but will try to buy the animals seperated since they are great and would make a nice prehistoric scene together with the caveman and -woman.

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So here is a little piece of info reguarding the exclusive set. It is called the artic transport plane. It comes with 707 pieces. To keep with the prehistoric theme there is a frozen caveman they are getting out and most likely the orca

707 pieces would make a set price of max. 100 Euros. So there should be another City Exclusive. Hopefully some sort of Town Plan, but maybe and more likely even something smaller like a train station. Am I right?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

20 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

To keep with the prehistoric theme there is a frozen caveman they are getting out and most likely the orca

So, it's Ötzi the Ice-Minifig? Clever. :thumbup: :laugh:

An arctic transport plane with an orca? Don't understand. Why not an arctic ice breaker with an orca instead . To me it makes more sense.

I must say, when I initially heard then that we were expecting a return to the Arctic for this year's exploration subtheme, I was rather disappointed, as I expected to see a Police-like rehash of 2014's sets. Well, I just couldn't have been more wrong! :classic:

So, if that sets up a pretence for future returns to past exploration subthemes, the future could hold in store some exciting possibilities! For instance, the next submarine subtheme could explore sunken ancient cities instead of shipwrecks, the next space subtheme could land on the moon (or Mars perhaps), and the next jungle subtheme could explore Indonesian forests, with opportunities for new Orangutan, Indian Elephant, and Komodo Dragon molds! 

The sets look amazing! I especially love the sabertooth tiger. This will be a great theme!

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the bird coming in the new fun pack is a bald eagle! 

Is there an image floating around somewhere? I remember the catalog preliminary of the set, but have you seen a better image of either the set or the new mold?

Just now, Digger of Bricks said:

Is there an image floating around somewhere? I remember the catalog preliminary of the set, but have you seen a better image of either the set or the new mold?

I have seen the picture of the eagle it’s self. It’s out there 

18 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I have seen the picture of the eagle it’s self. It’s out there 

OK, now I've seen it, the usual suspect on Instagram has it now. 

Judging from its single back stud, it seems pretty size appropriate compared to a minifigure, but I do wonder if it itself will stud down. Or, does it clip on, kinda like talons, perhaps to hold a fish as seen on the leaked preliminary box art?

On 3/18/2018 at 4:02 PM, Boettner Builds said:

I was happy to find out the color was going to be the same orange and the recent arctic theme I was excited. When I saw the leaked pictures I was super disappointed, they totally Nexo Knighted it :( I knew the animals were going to be good either way.

I was not excited that it would be orange again, as all that orange is fairly useless to me.

I do love how Nexo Knighted has become shorthand for talking about how LEGO really screwed something up, though.

1 hour ago, x105Black said:

I was not excited that it would be orange again, as all that orange is fairly useless to me.

Well, I guess it would've been cooler if they were instead Dark Azure like the crew's outfits. :snicker:

On 3/21/2018 at 5:51 AM, x105Black said:

I do love how Nexo Knighted has become shorthand for talking about how LEGO really screwed something up, though.

It’s the modern “Jack Stone” ;)

60196 is listed as "Station" via brickmerge. Plus 60199, 60200 and 60203 are listed as 2018 City sets, too. No prices or further info of them.

What do you think?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter