blackdeathgr

Oleon: Sign-up and Discussion, Era II

Posted (edited)

His Most Holy Majesty, King Philip the First, by the Grace of the Gods, King of Oleon and Guelph, Protector of New Terra, the True Defender of the Faith and so forth, to all present and yet to come, hail.

The officers of His Most Sacred Majesty's troops have distinguished themselves by so many actions of considerable virtue and courage in support of the loyalists on the island of Terraversa which it pleased the gods to bless the justice of our arms, that, ordinary awards becoming insufficient to the affection and the thankfulness which we have for them, we have deemed it necessary to reward their zeal and fidelity with awards far exceeding what is ordinarily bestowed. 

Edward Beauchamp, Lieutenant-Colonel du Garde de Grenadiers du 1er Régiment, whose virtue, merit, and distinguished service in the army has been brought to the attention of His Most Sacred Majesty. For his ardour is raising loyalist regiments to supplement His Most Holy Majesty's forces, for his cunning actions to ambush enemy troops in the swamps of the island, and for his valor in commanding les enfants perdus in the final assault on the city of Kings Port. In recognition of this distinguished service to the Empire, Edward Beauchamp is hereby bestowed with the title of Chevalier du Royaume and Le Médaillon des Deux Épées.

Furthermore, in light of the tragic death of Colonel Delange, the temporary appointment of Edward Beauchamp as Colonel du Garde de Grenadiers du 1er Régiment is hereby recognized and made permanent.  

Dated the 24th Day of the 1st Month of the 6th Year of His Reign. 

Vive Le Roi!

31310403400_509f2f8fa7.jpg        

OOC: Congratulations @CapOnBOBS for your character's propmotion. A well deserved honor to be sure. 

Anyone else who feels they would like to earn a title/medal/rank (or if you would like to nominate someone else), simply reach out to Oleon's leadership. A simple PM will suffice, or you are welcome to make an IC reply and/or MOC.

Edited by Captain Genaro

3 hours ago, Captain Genaro said:

Edward Beauchamp is hereby bestowed with the title of Chevalier du Royaume

Humbled by the King's recognition and with little need to debating the issue, Edward has selected the family's long used, but never formalized Crest as his Coat of Arms.

116584322_1641737439313231_3236905683078038021_n

Thanks for the very formal write up @Captain Genaro

Congrats @CapOnBOBS on a well deserved promotion. 

I'm gonna keep very quiet on this front myself, lest people assume I'm being rewarded for my imperious conduct...

On 4/24/2021 at 3:47 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Congrats @CapOnBOBS on a well deserved promotion. 

Seconded!  Well deserved indeed, and cheers to all those involved in the Oleon invasion of Kings Port/Terraversa!  It totally made my day when the first KPA announcement came out, and y'all have really spiced the forum up and (while not meaning to do detriment to anyone else, I have to say) incontestably made yourselves the most interesting and exciting faction around for the last few months.  Captain Nordau has you all down on his list of honor of the few who have been bold and/or mad enough to pull of a successful raid in the Brick Seas (though he'll have to do some work on building up his fleet before he can legitimately compare his achievements to yours :grin: :laugh:)!

Congratulations on bringing your endeavor to a successful termination!

Congrats, CAP, well deserved!