15 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

-No Nexo Knights summer wave which confirms the winter wave to be the last one.

That's the interesting tidbit...

Perhaps they may CHIMA this and have everything wrapped up in May?

It would be a shame if we never get a Monstrox minifigure

But then again, this is coming fron 4chan....

2 hours ago, Robert8 said:

It would be a shame if we never get a Monstrox minifigure

But then again, this is coming fron 4chan....

If we never get a Monxtrox minifigure i would be surprised, since a large amount of the show is him trying to get his human form back. Also would be a shame if it ended before we got more of the Wizards Council. Most of the whole plot is set around the Wizards Council, Monstrox trying to regain his human form, Merlok's memories and as of recently why Ruina decided to be evil and Clay learning to be a Wizard, unless they can pack all that into 2 seasons to tie up all the lose ends and give us a Monstrox minifigure i hope it doesn't end, rumors are rumors till proven to be true 

For that matter, how about other members of the Wizards Council?

LT73Vuv.png

There are some really nice beard and staff molds in there...

And if Monstrox is the villain, and his goal is to regain his human form, I would assume he will no accomplish this goal because if he did, the hero Nexo Knights will have failed.  Then again, a scenario where villains win and heros lose could be fitting for this topsy turvy, science fiction, fantasy, future, past mashup.

How about a scenario where Monstrox regains his human form at the very climax of the story, but then gets defeated by the heroes?

Stories where the villain goes one-winged angel at the end aren't unheard of.

As for the rumor about the end of Nexo Knights... just as I said in the thread about a potential new constraction theme, I'll take this claim with a grain of salt.

Lego seems to be using ninjago as a semi base for this theme. You have a villain that was turned evil by something. Then there is a “final” battle where the villain is “destroyed” and turned good. Whatever turned them evil returns in tech form. So I would be surprised in they didn’t do a summer wave 

2 hours ago, x105Black said:

For that matter, how about other members of the Wizards Council?
*pic of cool wizards we're never going to get went here*

There are some really nice beard and staff molds in there...

And if Monstrox is the villain, and his goal is to regain his human form, I would assume he will no accomplish this goal because if he did, the hero Nexo Knights will have failed.  Then again, a scenario where villains win and heros lose could be fitting for this topsy turvy, science fiction, fantasy, future, past mashup.

LEGO hasn't shown any inclination to make figures of anything that isn't an NK or a themed baddy. There's plenty of interesting peasants, side characters and whatnot, they just don't seem to care. Should have taken a leaf out of the Alien Conquest playbook, and gave us a person in peril.

Those wizards, Herb Herbertson, Roberto Arnoldi, the Tighty Knighties. None of 'em.

Edited by K_Tiger

I'm not sure why that is.  They seem to want this theme to be successful, and by all accounts it has done pretty well.  But I get the feeling there are a lot of us here who would be even more interested in the theme if they were to include these more obscure characters.  In other themes, I'm often surprised at which obscure characters get added, yet here they focus only on the primary cast.

19 minutes ago, x105Black said:

In other themes, I'm often surprised at which obscure characters get added, yet here they focus only on the primary cast.

Indeed, Ninjago in particular has both the Movie Blind Bag series and two Box Sets of Figures for their obscure cast, and they've had way more characters. 

Call me biased if you want, but I'm just not buying the rumors that NK is not getting a summer wave. After all, these are coming from 4chan, and the main body of that post talks about a new constraction theme that is almost certainly a troll job.

The most likely scenario is that NK gets a summer wave with about 4-5 more sets, one of which is a "Final Battle" in which Monstrux has achieved his ultimate form or something. A large vehicle for Macy or some new named villains would also be nice. I just don't see the point of bringing Nexo Knights back for another year just to end it after six more sets. Is that really worth it for Lego?

Really try to get into Nexo Knight but I think the whole theme is a mess. The 'awesome' villains or minifigs are only found in the expensive sets which in my opinion is bad marketing and the reason why I gave up on this theme.

Lego take notes, not everyone watches the TV shows. If you want your 'Action' theme to do well in the future (and we all know how we are a sucker for awesome minifigures), you need to mix up the fig a bit and not just have the nice cool minifigures in the expensive sets.

I want to buy some of the sets in the 'lighting wave' because they have cool minifigures, but cannot justify spending minimum $50-80 just to get one fig. And when you look on ebay or bricklink, a lot of the good figures are not listed because no one is buying the expensive set to get a cool minifigure.

7 minutes ago, BrickJagger said:

Call me biased if you want, but I'm just not buying the rumors that NK is not getting a summer wave. After all, these are coming from 4chan, and the main body of that post talks about a new constraction theme that is almost certainly a troll job.

The most likely scenario is that NK gets a summer wave with about 4-5 more sets, one of which is a "Final Battle" in which Monstrux has achieved his ultimate form or something. A large vehicle for Macy or some new named villains would also be nice. I just don't see the point of bringing Nexo Knights back for another year just to end it after six more sets. Is that really worth it for Lego?

I mean, plenty of themes have had a smaller final year (Atlantis, Power Miners, Chima, Agents, Exo-Force, almost-Ninjago, etc.). It's not that hard to believe the same could happen to Nexo Knights. That said, the source is indeed super-sketchy and there's no reason to give it the benefit of the doubt unless any sort of corroborating evidence shows up.

Also worth mentioning that in some cases of an abridged final year, some regions sometimes get the final wave split into two to last longer. For instance, two of the final year's sets in Atlantis were held over until May for America despite releasing alongside the other sets the previous December in Europe.

Just now, Ed3n said:

Really try to get into Nexo Knight but I think the whole theme is a mess. The 'awesome' villains or minifigs are only found in the expensive sets which in my opinion is bad marketing and the reason why I gave up on this theme.

Lego take notes, not everyone watches the TV shows. If you want your 'Action' theme to do well in the future (and we all know how we are a sucker for awesome minifigures), you need to mix up the fig a bit and not just have the nice cool minifigures in the expensive sets.

I want to buy some of the sets in the 'lighting wave' because they have cool minifigures, but cannot justify spending minimum $50-80 just to get one fig. And when you look on ebay or bricklink, a lot of the good figures are not listed because no one is buying the expensive set to get a cool minifigure.

Which "awesome villains or minifigs" are you referring to? Because to be honest, I think LEGO has done a pretty good job spreading out the most desirable heroes and villains between price points. Like, last year, the vast majority of the hero and villain characters were available in $60 or cheaper sets, either in their normal forms or as souped-up "Ultimate" versions. There are loads of other awesome figs in affordable sets. King and Queen Halbert have both been in $35 or cheaper sets. Moltor and Ruina both came in $20 sets. The Harpy comes in a $30 set. Lord Krakenskull comes in a $60 set. Whiparella comes in a $40 set. The Rogul comes in $20 and $40 sets. Flama and General Magmar come TOGETHER in a $50 set or individually as "Ultimate" figs in $10 sets. Etc.

Also, it's nothing new for a theme's biggest sets to have some of its coolest and most unique figs. In Fantasy Era Castle, the Troll King, Troll Witch, and two specially-armored varieties of Giant Troll were exclusive to the $100 Trolls' Mountain Fortress, and the Crown King only came in $100+ sets and one chess set. In Kingdoms, the Lion King was originally only in the $100 King's Castle. In Atlantis, the Portal Guardian only came in the $100 Portal of Atlantis. In Exo-Force, Sensei Keiken originally only came in the $100 Sentai Headquarters. This isn't something that is unique to Nexo Knights or even to recent themes with their own TV shows.

2 minutes ago, K_Tiger said:

I saw it on 4chan, but it's in an flickr folder as well. Not gonna lie, I'm not too enthused anymore.

Found it on 4chan also, its not too hard to find now before it gets buried under too many other posts.

For medieval fans, the only thing really worth parting out from this particular figure is the head, which has red, snake-like eyes set against white skin and a fanged mouth. Others than that, his helmet, torso, and legs are all very Sci-fi oriented. 

But I will say, his helmet (which I'm presuming is new) is quite interesting.

Ok looking figure. Probably one of the lower tier villains. Helmet looks good, also some nice torso printing. The white face ruins it for me a little, feels off.

The minifigure looks.... ok I guess. The head and torso/legs don't go well together.... it seems they belong to different characters

But the face print looks very similar to this style

36251209293_11a4708d3c_k.jpg

Interesting

The new minions look like Vampire Borg, the face and the horns look really out of place.

I missed it as well.

Eh, I don't mind that too much, really.

How do we even know for sure that the figure in question is an official LEGO figure, and not some fake mock-up?

24 minutes ago, ZORK64 said:

I missed it as well.

Eh, I don't mind that too much, really.

How do we even know for sure that the figure in question is an official LEGO figure, and not some fake mock-up?

The person who posted it also had posted a lot of TLBM 2018 figs early, such as Hawkgirl and Egghead. I actually have it saved - I can PM anyone who's interested.

Edited by legozebra