Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

With Tokyo 2020 postponed/cancelled, here we have the big shark Olympic 100m swim final. Who’s going to win the gold medal? :laugh:

On your marks, get set.... 

Edited by Lucarex

That’s cool I want to see someone edit the white spot out of the new sharks eye 

FD10A555-0A43-45EC-8AAB-51E931D4AE2E.jpeg
never mind I did it 

Edited by 1Panda

I'm starting the video game "LEGO Worlds" and I love the squirrels (in 2 colors : brown and gray) and the badgers ! These are good models for real pieces.

16 hours ago, notpennysboat said:

I'm starting the video game "LEGO Worlds" and I love the squirrels (in 2 colors : brown and gray) and the badgers ! These are good models for real pieces.

Agreed. With the ‘virtual’ squirrels and badgers, the ‘patronus’ stag, otter and hare, and the only-in-white-so-far rabbit - it seems we have a bunch of potential for everyday forest / woodland critters that *need* to happen. 

It’s also odd that the eagle has so far only shown up in one set. I mean for sheer value for money on moulds ... 

The new Aurora set appears to come with a fawn/deer with new face printing.  I know a lot of people are purists and don't mix animals but I think the new printing looks so much better and true to what a young deer looks like!  Much more doe like.

Edit- this might be new to only me. I can't quite tell but I think it may have come with a Snow White Set previously.  The fawn we have in our collection has blue eyes.

Edited by Gobias1234

10 hours ago, Gobias1234 said:

The new Aurora set appears to come with a fawn/deer with new face printing.  I know a lot of people are purists and don't mix animals but I think the new printing looks so much better and true to what a young deer looks like!  Much more doe like.

Edit- this might be new to only me. I can't quite tell but I think it may have come with a Snow White Set previously.  The fawn we have in our collection has blue eyes.

Personally I do not use most of the minidoll animals, but I can agree that it is a step in the right direction at least :wink:

However the little blue bird with only black dots for eyes also come in the set :classic: This is the second time we see it, first was earlier this year in the modular..

The Diagon Alley D2C and HP CMF is coming soon so I hope for some animals there :excited:

They certainly do seem to be cramming the animals into new Friends & Disney sets. Here’s hoping they start doing that with regular sets too.

21 hours ago, williejm said:

They certainly do seem to be cramming the animals into new Friends & Disney sets. Here’s hoping they start doing that with regular sets too.

I will forever lament TLG’s decision to create minidoll-ified animal moulds :cry2: Imagine if they instead used minifig-compatible moulds, just in pastell colours and with cutesy printing for the minidoll themes :cry_sad: LEGO animals are stylised either way, no need for stylising something that’s already heavily stylised to begin with :tongue:

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Sorry for the double-post, but a new black dachshund will be available at B&P soon:

https://www.promobricks.de/lego-space-mops-torso-dackel/105648/

It’s adorable :wub:

Thanks for the heads up! I have a 4 month old puppy running around my feet now that looks just like it :wub:

However I do not think it will be on B&P unfortunately :sceptic: I asked to buy it there several weeks ago, but that was not possible. Instead they offered to ship one to me for free, but that order was deleted almost immediately by the system. So next time I called in I asked why that was cancelled, they told me it was only shipped in (big)bags directly to the stores so B&P did not get them (like CMF) :cry_sad:

If it had not been for the closing of BAM most places they would be really cheap to get on BL by now :wacko:

21 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Thanks for the heads up! I have a 4 month old puppy running around my feet now that looks just like it :wub:

However I do not think it will be on B&P unfortunately :sceptic: I asked to buy it there several weeks ago, but that was not possible. Instead they offered to ship one to me for free, but that order was deleted almost immediately by the system. So next time I called in I asked why that was cancelled, they told me it was only shipped in (big)bags directly to the stores so B&P did not get them (like CMF) :cry_sad:

If it had not been for the closing of BAM most places they would be really cheap to get on BL by now :wacko:

Have to admit, the existence of what should be a readily available animal, frustratingly not get-able is palpable. My dog pack is incomplete again!

However I do not think it will be on B&P unfortunately :sceptic:

My bad, I confused BAM with B&P in my last post, it‘s BAM-exclusive :blush:

There are quite a few German bricklinkers who usually offer these parts shortly after they start appearing at LEGO stores, so it shouldn‘t take that long :sweet: 

Man, I truly envy people who live in driving distance to a LEGO store. It would take me at least 5-6 hours to get to the nearest ones :tongue:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Man, I truly envy people who live in driving distance to a LEGO store. It would take me at least 5-6 hours to get to the nearest ones :tongue:

I agree, my country got their first stores in 2019, but the main store is also in one of the busiest tourism/shopping streets in the country so not very social-distance-like right now, and I don't even know if BAM would be open with such a busy place.

Edited by TeriXeri

I was sure we finally gotten our first pigeon mould when I saw the first picture of the big city set, but alas no.:hmpf_bad:

However it has a seagull and a cat, so better than noting I guess :shrug_oh_well:

9 hours ago, Roebuck said:

I was sure we finally gotten our first pigeon mould when I saw the first picture of the big city set, but alas no.:hmpf_bad:

However it has a seagull and a cat, so better than noting I guess :shrug_oh_well:

Beginning to think there’s a policy to avoid pigeons and sheep at Lego ?

On 8/5/2020 at 10:14 AM, williejm said:

Beginning to think there’s a policy to avoid pigeons and sheep at Lego ?

All they need to do is recolor the white bird to grey...

On 7/27/2020 at 4:24 PM, Roebuck said:

new black dachshund

My local LEGO store dont have build-yourself-BAM because of the Corona virus, but they have pre-assembled 3-pack-BAM-minifigs - and one of those had the black dachshound.

5 hours ago, Grover said:

That is a sparrow or similar so I do not agree, do not look like a pigeon at al :sceptic:

2 hours ago, ArneNielsen said:

Better than nothing, but if you want a lot of them than it is going to get expensive :wink:

Edited by Roebuck

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

That is a sparrow or similar so I do not agree, do not look like a pigeon at al :sceptic:

I guess I'm less picky.  The white bird looks more like a pigeon than the seagull does! :laugh:

15 hours ago, Grover said:

I guess I'm less picky.  The white bird looks more like a pigeon than the seagull does! :laugh:

:laugh:
We can agree on that, but still no pigeon :tongue:

19 hours ago, Grover said:

That's what I thought, with a little imagination in the Mail Plane set it could be a (very generic) white mail pigeon.

Also I'd love to see a printed parrot using the classic colors but using the new/current large beak mould, but I understand LEGO hasn't made printed parrots since 2002(legends).

Of course dual moulded parrots are nice as well, so far 3 newer large beak variants with red/green blue/yellow and coral/turquoise, maybe a lime green parrot could work as well.

LEGO does make various printed owls, so a parrot with prints should be possible, but might be complex?

Edited by TeriXeri

On 8/7/2020 at 12:02 PM, Roebuck said:

With you on this. At least in some of the animations a ‘designed’ Lego pigeon exists, and something so iconic really deserves its own mould. I’d say the same about any suggestion to eg recolour the seagull mould to be a crow or a duck!

I do think the (relatively) new small bird has a lot of potential, but also needs to be more readily available. Yellow for a canary, brown for a sparrow, blue for a bluebird - hey it could even stretch to be a robin or cardinal. 

On 8/7/2020 at 12:02 PM, Roebuck said:

9 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Also I'd love to see a printed parrot using the classic colors but using the new/current large beak mould, but I understand LEGO hasn't made printed parrots since 2002(legends).

Of course dual moulded parrots are nice as well, so far 3 newer large beak variants with red/green blue/yellow and coral/turquoise, maybe a lime green parrot could work as well.

LEGO does make various printed owls, so a parrot with prints should be possible, but might be complex

Yeah, parrots are perplexing. It seems odd that printing happens on say a small bird or a mouse, but not them. I understand the old style iconic red macaw parrots suffered from the print rubbing/wearing off. I guess that printing is complicated for oddly shaped pieces too, but I still don’t quite get it.

Seems like we are also overdue for something else in the ‘tropical’ bird line, a cockatoo or toucan would be a welcome variation. 

Edited by williejm
Duplicate post

On 8/8/2020 at 9:03 PM, williejm said:

Seems like we are also overdue for something else in the ‘tropical’ bird line, a cockatoo or toucan would be a welcome variation. 

I completely agree - these would be great birds to have!

Btw: It's really a pity that TLG doesn't reprint the rubber duck and use it as a regular duck.