Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

3 hours ago, Roebuck said:

A parrot with the toucan treatment would be a wast improvement yes. I still think the original Pirate parrot is better than the dual molded ones (even if the new mould is better). It works well on the husky, but birds are rarely asymmetrical in plumage so looks unnatural :def_shrug:   

Agreed, you geek. 
would love to see a new Cockatoo mould like the Toucan 

I know I don't know as much as most of you here, but is the dual moulded parrot mould different from the old printed parrot one?

The Parrot Question - LEGO Pirates - Eurobricks Forums

byOZDM2l.jpg

As with the poll above, I very much prefer the printed parrot, and assumed they changed it to dual moulded to reduce costs. But is it actually a new mould (that just appears to look identical), or am I missing something?

Edited by RichardGoring

I would love to see a NEW parrot mold. It’s a parrot wiht wings spreading. Just my wishlist. 

Edited by DBlegonerd7
Typo

5 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

I know I don't know as much as most of you here, but is the dual moulded parrot mould different from the old printed parrot one?

As with the poll above, I very much prefer the printed parrot, and assumed they changed it to dual moulded to reduce costs. But is it actually a new mould (that just appears to look identical), or am I missing something?

No those are all the same, since they started dual moulding before they updated the mould, easy mistake to make :classic:
lego-colours-parrot-bird.jpg
LEGO-new-birds-parrot-design.jpg

Ah, thanks. Yes, I see the difference, but it feels very slight. I suppose it's mainly the lack of printed eyes that makes it feel old. I still prefer the red printed one though.

The old parrot is miles better than the dreadful dual-moulded one.

Somebody mentioned a wings-spread parrot above. I’d like the reverse for the seagull and both wings spread and non-wings spread for a pigeon too.

I’m not sure what’s wrong with dual-molded parrot? It doesn’t look dreadful or awful to me. 

8 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

Somebody mentioned a wings-spread parrot above. I’d like the reverse for the seagull and both wings spread and non-wings spread for a pigeon too.

Yeah, i would love to see seagull with wings tucked in. 

I do not think we got a pigeon yet?

54 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I’m not sure what’s wrong with dual-molded parrot? It doesn’t look dreadful or awful to me. 

The physical shape of it isn’t too bad, but in a thread that is enamored with more realistic animal options you can understand how pouring some bicolored marbling in there and calling it a day would rub people the wrong way. 

^ this

Looks like someone poured red/green or blue/yellow paint over the poor thing.Why not dual mould feet and beak like they did with the new monkey? Still looks funky to see the feet in the same colour as the bottom feathers/

Another *sigh* for the cancelled orca!

57 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

The physical shape of it isn’t too bad, but in a thread that is enamored with more realistic animal options you can understand how pouring some bicolored marbling in there and calling it a day would rub people the wrong way. 

Don’t get me wrong but i’m visually impaired and I don’t notice anything bad about the colors. I just thought the parrot is perfect until I saw complaints here about it. The colors don’t bother me but now I understand why people complaint about it. Thank you for your time. 

I guess the parrot needs another update then. 

I heard some strange speculations that Vidiyo miniigures may show up in CMF Series 24 - you know….dinosaur head and that witch’s hat leaks?

i really hope there won’t be too much Vidiyo minifigures becuase i really want some new animals!

It‘s not an animal part of course, but where else does it make sense to discuss it? Anyway, the prototype of an interesting new plant part leaked on IG :excited: Hope it shows up in a lot of sets (and in different colours too!)

51 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

It‘s not an animal part of course, but where else does it make sense to discuss it? Anyway, the prototype of an interesting new plant part leaked on IG :excited: Hope it shows up in a lot of sets (and in different colours too!)

What does it look like? IG leaks has been hard to find lately for a non member *huh*

Edited by Roebuck

13 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

What does it look like? IG leaks has been hard to find lately for a non member *huh*

It‘s an upright leaf connected to a single stud, making it stackable :thumbup:

The account that posted is well known for prototype parts and misprints :wink:

A bunch of animals and animal parts (all from sets that have retired or are about to retire. Thngis like the underwater animals (hammerhead shark, sting ray and the other deep sea animals, also all the animals from last year's Wildlife Rescue sets like the elephant, monkey, lion etc)

https://legobricksearch.neothermic.com/missing-parts.html has all the parts that went MIA since the start of the new B&P.

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

The account that posted is well known for prototype parts and misprints :wink:

Can you give a user name to look for? Is that too much of a step for the rules? As with many, I can only see the top nine posts sadly.

21 minutes ago, RichardGoring said:

Can you give a user name to look for?

He‘s a ray of magical sunshine, don‘t you agree? He has way more than 516 followers :laugh:

(I‘m sure posting his account details should be fair as he exclusively reports about prototype parts and misprints, which sometimes includes prototype leaks)

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

6 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

He‘s a ray of magical sunshine, don‘t you agree? He has way more than 516 followers :laugh:

(I‘m sure posting his account details should be fair as he exclusively reports about prototype parts and misprints, which sometimes includes prototype leaks)

I'm sure he is, but what's his user name?!?! :wink: (nicely played, thank you).

The parts look fascinating. I hope we get a plentiful supply of them.

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Looked better than I imagined :sweet:

4 hours ago, jonwil said:

A bunch of animals and animal parts (all from sets that have retired or are about to retire. Thngis like the underwater animals (hammerhead shark, sting ray and the other deep sea animals, also all the animals from last year's Wildlife Rescue sets like the elephant, monkey, lion etc)

https://legobricksearch.neothermic.com/missing-parts.html has all the parts that went MIA since the start of the new B&P.

I assume most people that wanted them have bought them by now however the elephant-body I believe a lot of people are missing :hmpf_bad:

I have no idea who you guys talked about… but the way BrickBob described, that plant piece sounds neat aq

On 10/25/2022 at 5:54 AM, BrickBob Studpants said:

I think there was a thread for plants as well... buried somewhere in this forum.

Anyway, very interesting and nice looking element and interesting was well that is being produced in white. Either thats a prototype or is coming in the 2023 Modular. I dont see a regular City set using that piece in white. They would introduce it in green first I think

8 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Anyway, very interesting and nice looking element and interesting was well that is being produced in white. Either thats a prototype or is coming in the 2023 Modular. I dont see a regular City set using that piece in white. They would introduce it in green first I think 

I think it is light gray and probably a prototype. The modulars never have any new parts, so must come in another set first/at the same time that pay the price. Would not be surprised if the two botanical sets in January has a new plant piece or two, so then it is probably fair game for the modular :wink:

The new friends-set 41727 Dog Rescue Center (will launch next year) features a dog with wheels to replace two of its legs. I am wondering if they are going to do something similar for the typical "lego city" dogs

2 hours ago, Lira_Bricks said:

The new friends-set 41727 Dog Rescue Center (will launch next year) features a dog with wheels to replace two of its legs. I am wondering if they are going to do something similar for the typical "lego city" dogs

Probably for one set. I'm still annoyed LEGO didn't have more guide dogs in more sets.