Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

The crocodile, tiger and gorillas look like the real animals but the red panda looks like a stuffed animal.

I’m also interested to see if we get any small animals like spiders, snakes, parrots or chameleons. 

3 hours ago, williejm said:

Can’t quite make out from the pic - but do we know if the adult has articulated arms? 🦍

Looks like it I think:sweet:

What big cat are the tail in the picture from?

I love how the adult gorilla is designed with studs on the back so the baby can ride it. That’s such a lovely little detail. 

Gorilla is great! I hope one of them has silverback printing.

2 hours ago, 1Panda said:

The crocodile, tiger and gorillas look like the real animals but the red panda looks like a stuffed animal.

I’m also interested to see if we get any small animals like spiders, snakes, parrots or chameleons. 

Yeah, I would like to see a chameleon reuse. There is potential for so many recolors!

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Looks like it I think:sweet:

What big cat are the tail in the picture from?

Saw that too! My thought was that it might be the old tiger that they had for comparison. Or maybe we are getting something else?

53 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Where did you see pic of gorilla and their infant/

It’s on Instagram. Not a great pic, especially as they’re black!

1 hour ago, Accio Lego said:

I love how the adult gorilla is designed with studs on the back so the baby can ride it. That’s such a lovely little detail. 

Also just better if adult animals have a stud or studs on the back 

3 hours ago, 1Panda said:

They have to make some choices re the colours - Playmobil red pandas suffer the same

Edited by williejm

4 hours ago, 1Panda said:

The red panda in real life looks like a big stuffed animal to be fair.  

@williejm the Gorilla's front arms seem to be articulated.  You can see the separation in the shoulder. 

The Gorilla's look great.  Can't wait to see all of these on PAB.  

Dang - those are some nice looking critters! Hopefully the prices for them won't be too expensive... I imagine the red panda and baby gorilla will be in the $2-3 range, with the tiger being around $7-10ish. Hopefully the adult gorilla won't be too expensive... Maybe $6-8 for the body, and $2-4 for each arm? I think that should be in line roughly with what's out on Pick a Brick with other roughly similar critters.

Just gone back through the set lists and it seems likely that the gorillas will appear in the $100 set with the jungle base and helicopter. I don't need another City rescue helicopter at all, so Pick a Brick is probably the way forward. Just got my polar bear and cubs order in last week for similar reasons. What's the smallest sensible number for a troop of gorillas? It's going to be expensive!

The tiger, gorillas, and red panda look amazing! I am curious to see how the reddish orange will look in-hand, as it has not been used for any animals yet. 

9 hours ago, 1Panda said:

Red pandas are stuffed animals - They look like someone took a raccoon and swapped the colour and dialled up the cuteness! 

I wonder if the adult gorilla can "sit down" and also be able to move its head, just like the big cats and the bears.

Posted (edited)

Ok, I don't need to say which animal rocks most and that I'll get a bunch of them... soon you can call me 94Gorillas 🤣

The crocodile seems to be a recolour, doesn't it? May I ask if the new Upper Jaw piece is compatible with crocodile bodies? If so I will use the new upper jaw piece for the 2017 TLBM Killer Croc

Edited by Gorilla94

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

Ok, I don't need to say which animal rocks most and that I'll get a bunch of them... soon you can call me 94Gorillas 🤣

The crocodile seems to be a recolour, doesn't it? May I ask if the new Upper Jaw piece is compatible with crocodile bodies? If so I will use the new upper jaw piece for the 2017 TLBM Killer Croc

That’s the same crocagator we have had for a few years. Exists already in dark green, green & tan, and made up of three body parts plus a connector pin. They’re not interchangeable with the old classic croc though.

Also, you’re not supposed to have favourites 🦍

16 hours ago, RichardGoring said:

Just gone back through the set lists and it seems likely that the gorillas will appear in the $100 set with the jungle base and helicopter. I don't need another City rescue helicopter at all, so Pick a Brick is probably the way forward. Just got my polar bear and cubs order in last week for similar reasons. What's the smallest sensible number for a troop of gorillas? It's going to be expensive!

Only issue with this is if the gorilla body and arms are sold separately … it’s a pain and often a problem to get all the parts in stock, plus it rockets up the £££

Edited by williejm

7 hours ago, williejm said:

That’s the same crocagator we have had for a few years. Exists already in dark green, green & tan, and made up of three body parts plus a connector pin. They’re not interchangeable with the old classic croc though.

Also, you’re not supposed to have favourites 🦍

What a shame :( thanks for the clarification!

On 3/22/2024 at 7:21 AM, Agent Kallus said:

It is triple moulded, there's an upside down one is the picture and they wouldn't bother to paint the inside. Though maybe the black feet are just painted?

Nah it is dual. White core and orange shell. The feet are clearly print only.

Posted (edited)

Pic of Space CMF leaflet has surfaced - what we thought was a ‘normal’ French Bulldog recolour seems to have weird eyes & tusks 🤷🏽‍♂️

4 hours ago, williejm said:

Pic of Space CMF leaflet has surfaced - what we thought was a ‘normal’ French Bullfog recolour seems to have weird eyes & tusks 🤷🏽‍♂️

Correction - seems to be a robot dog, not tusks 

Edited by williejm

That means that I am home free and will save some money on that series :tongue:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

That means that I am home free and will save some money on that series :tongue:

Sure you can save your money on Space series but I welcome a robot dog! 

26 minutes ago, Lion King said:

Sure you can save your money on Space series but I welcome a robot dog! 

I feel like I called it being a robot dog ages ago. The series is mostly a massive miss for me too, which will be the first CMF i don’t collect all of …

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, williejm said:

I feel like I called it being a robot dog ages ago. The series is mostly a massive miss for me too, which will be the first CMF i don’t collect all of …

That’s ok! I just love colleing every single from non-licensed CMF Series. I rarely collect minifigures from licensed CMF seires (other than the completed Muppet Series). I am very interested in a dragon mold in D&D CMF Series, that’s it. I collected a few minifigures from Mavel Series 2 becuase of smowl and fish tank. 

I don’t mind prehistoric, present-day, fantasy, alien, and robotic creatures! 

Edited by Lion King

50 minutes ago, Lion King said:

That’s ok! I just love colleing every single from non-licensed CMF Series. I rarely collect minifigures from licensed CMF seires (other than the completed Muppet Series). I am very interested in a dragon mold in D&D CMF Series, that’s it. I collected a few minifigures from Mavel Series 2 becuase of smowl and fish tank. 

I don’t mind prehistoric, present-day, fantasy, alien, and robotic creatures! 

But the D&D series also has recoloured puppy, rat and small bird!

6 minutes ago, williejm said:

But the D&D series also has recoloured puppy, rat and small bird!

Ah i forgot them!! Thanks for reading me! Definitely, I will grab those animals.

According to brickclicker, there will be just one red panda in the $10 set, and two adult gorillas plus the baby gorilla in the largest set.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SketchBrick said:

According to brickclicker, there will be just one red panda in the $10 set, and two adult gorillas plus the baby gorilla in the largest set.

Not the largest set worth for me to buy… Pick a Brick for gorillas to build troops then!

EDIT: OK, paleonologists/ dino fans….we are going to get Stegosaurus this year! Heck, yeah!

Edited by Lion King