David Thomsen

Future LEGO Pirates Set Speculation

Looking at the new Space "crossover-theme" - where toys in many different lines are space-themed and united under a common flash on the boxes - I have to wonder if we might see similar initiatives for Castle & Pirates in the next few years. Maybe not the full-fledged relaunch that hardcore fans want to see, but still a nice idea, that would produce plenty of useful parts & sets.

For example, I can see a Duplo bath-time pirate ship with water cannon for. Maybe a treasure map in the Art line, or a technic working sextant.

Any thoughts about how we'd see 'Pirate' into other themes? Dreamzz and Creator are easy pickings, but where does it fit into City or Friends?

Examples of the 'Space' crossover-theme: https://htxt.co.za/2023/12/06/forget-fortnite-legos-toys-are-crossing-over-with-themselves/

Edited by Yoggington

On 12/14/2023 at 9:00 AM, Yoggington said:

Looking at the new Space "crossover-theme" - where toys in many different lines are space-themed and united under a common flash on the boxes - I have to wonder if we might see similar initiatives for Castle & Pirates in the next few years. Maybe not the full-fledged relaunch that hardcore fans want to see, but still a nice idea, that would produce plenty of useful parts & sets.

For example, I can see a Duplo bath-time pirate ship with water cannon for. Maybe a treasure map in the Art line, or a technic working sextant.

Any thoughts about how we'd see 'Pirate' into other themes? Dreamzz and Creator are easy pickings, but where does it fit into City or Friends?

Examples of the 'Space' crossover-theme: https://htxt.co.za/2023/12/06/forget-fortnite-legos-toys-are-crossing-over-with-themselves/

I love those ideas. I agree Duplo, DreamZZZ and Creator provide great scope for Pirates crossovers.

For City or Friends, I think the most obvious options would be do something themed around children's play, such as a Pirate ship amusement park ride (similar to 31084), or a pirate-lair themed playground or treehouse.

Alternatively, a City/Friends set based on a film studio or a theatre production would provide good scope for including some fantastical pirate builds.

Another idea (although one with low likelihood) would be a Pirates-Ninjago crossover. Pirates do exist in the Ninjago universe (I'm thinking specifically of the Sky Pirates that appeared in the Skybound series). The current 'Dragon's Rising' series has upended a lot of previous Ninjago lore, creating a sort of multi-verse (including a crossover with Chima). So, anything's possible.

I want to see a full on Friends prequel pirate line--early Friends books and the TV show established that before Heartlake City, a pirate named Dark Eyed Kate sailed the seas nearby, so it only makes sense to feature that character. :pir-grin:

So while we saw an modified version of Bluebrixx's carrack in an other thread i went on to check their website (I have no interest in BB so i was not aware of all the pirate sets they offer and i only knew about the Governor's Island) and saw the sets and now i feel pretty depressed :pir-sceptic: Can you imagine Lego to announce a minfigure pack with 8 civilian [sic!] minfigures and accessories? A pack with 8 soldiers or 8 pirates with muskets, pistols, sabers, canons and stuff? Big islands and add-ons that are fully interchangeable? Lego has to step up its game.

On 12/16/2023 at 11:53 AM, TalonCard said:

I want to see a full on Friends prequel pirate line--early Friends books and the TV show established that before Heartlake City, a pirate named Dark Eyed Kate sailed the seas nearby, so it only makes sense to feature that character. :pir-grin:

We have Year of the Space throughout 2024 (City, Friends, DUPLO, CMF, Technic, etc). So I guess Year of the Pirates would be sweet for City, Friends and CMF!

6 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Lego has to step up its game.

They have Star Wars, Marvel & Harry Potter — they're fine :shrug_oh_well:

2 minutes ago, F1stzz said:

They have Star Wars, Marvel & Harry Potter — they're fine :shrug_oh_well:

That's true! Star Wars is fine :wub_drool:

10 hours ago, Lion King said:

Nahhhhh

You don't think Star Wars is doing fine?

While sadly Lego Pirates has nothing to offer for me, i already made a plan on which SW sets to buy this year :pir_laugh2: I'm so exited!

I'm still shocked to see the Bluebrixx Minfig packs. While Lego won in court, other companies now have a guideline to produce minfigs that are save to sell. So it turns into a win-loose situation for Lego.

If i want to get a civilian age of sail Lego minfigure it's likely to find a useful torso in the Harry Potter theme, not in a Lego Pirates set :pir-sceptic:

4 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

You don't think Star Wars is doing fine?

While sadly Lego Pirates has nothing to offer for me, i already made a plan on which SW sets to buy this year :pir_laugh2: I'm so exited!

I'm still shocked to see the Bluebrixx Minfig packs. While Lego won in court, other companies now have a guideline to produce minfigs that are save to sell. So it turns into a win-loose situation for Lego.

If i want to get a civilian age of sail Lego minfigure it's likely to find a useful torso in the Harry Potter theme, not in a Lego Pirates set :pir-sceptic:

Oh, I’m not really into Star Wars. I just love non-licensed themes, such as City, Dreamzzz, Hidden Side, Castle, Pirates, Space. i prefer to see more Space themes over Star Wars. Sorry for a vague response I made!

There's a new trailer for a Fortnite 'Lego Raft Survival' game where they player has to survive on his raft while being shot at by the Barracuda:

Video by Stonewars

(I'll post this here because i don't want to open a new thread just for this news :pir-grin:)

Oh, and conclusion is: Pirates is cool, Pirates is fun and Pirates is interesting for kids! :pir-triumph:

This again shows, like all the other GWPs, Legoland and Legohouse sets, easter eggs etc, that LEGO has not forgotten about pirates!

On 2/28/2024 at 6:53 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

LEGO has not forgotten about pirates!

Aye, let us hope they will bring new sets to the table, so to speak. :pir-devil:

That's nice to see more Pirates in that game, I mean, they have some random pirate skeletons, villagers and such already (which use existing parts) in the original LEGO Fortnite Survivor mode, and they recently allowed building a 4th village as they are working on the Coast biome (added fishing piers and fishing stuff), so Pirates make a lot of sense to follow.

As for a seperate Fortnite LEGO Pirates mode, that's even nicer to see more attention.

Of course more sets will be very nice to see, but I don't think any major change will happen unless both Eldorado and 3-in-1 Pirate ships are retiring.

However, I wouldn't even rule out a re-release of Barracuda Bay being out of the question now (IDEAS sets like Ship in Bottle or Saturn V did get re-released before)

Edited by TeriXeri

One of the things I like about the mini game is that before it loads you can walk all around the Barracuda, above and below decks. Good timing too as I'm now working on building the ship version of Barracuda Bay and will be taking some of the ideas for the gun deck...

5 hours ago, TalonCard said:

One of the things I like about the mini game is that before it loads you can walk all around the Barracuda, above and below decks. Good timing too as I'm now working on building the ship version of Barracuda Bay and will be taking some of the ideas for the gun deck...

Would you mind sharing a video? I don't intend to play the game.

Now I hope that it'll bring kids back to the pirate theme and that the PoBB will have a re-release. I would have far less excuses for not buying a second one

3 hours ago, CaptainMoore said:

Now I hope that it'll bring kids back to the pirate theme and that the PoBB will have a re-release. I would have far less excuses for not buying a second one

Bringing back PoBB would be the jackpot. I'd buy it! I missed out on the set because i was still relatively fresh out of my dark ages back then and there was so much to learn and discover and i missed out on some sets i better should have bought :pir-grin:

Wanted to get some input from you all. This is a bit off topic but future set speculation is related to my question. I currently have a x2 31109 MOC as a placeholder for an imperial ship. I've modded a bit to have better masts and interior, however the brick sails, and rubber rigging still remains as well as the red/yellow/green colors which doens't really fit. I have been eyeing to part out the gorgeous 10210 which I have wanted for ages. However it would probably cost me around $200 which isn't awful but I've already sunk a bit of money into my 31109 moc. However with the new BDP program there are two absolutely gorgeous imperial flagships which I'm confident atleast one of will be selected. If that is the case should I

a) continue investing into my 31109 moc and swap colors to imperial ones, make custom sails, add proper rigging, and attempt to somehow raise the deck (difficult to do as my part collection isn't as big as it once was) since the current deck is significantly smaller than the flagship or barracuda which is a shame

B) Part out the 10210 with a few color changes such as a medium nougat hull and custom sails( Not shelling out $45 for a brown hull that is ridiculous) 

OR

C) wait for lego to release their own brand new imperial flagship? Either BDP or as a set? What do y'all think the chances of a soldier ship coming any time soon???

I'm honestly a bit impatient...

13 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Bringing back PoBB would be the jackpot. I'd buy it! I missed out on the set because i was still relatively fresh out of my dark ages back then and there was so much to learn and discover and i missed out on some sets i better should have bought :pir-grin:

If the PoBB came out I would not complain haha would mod that instead into an imperial flagship

On 3/1/2024 at 9:46 PM, kuzyabricks said:

Wanted to get some input from you all. This is a bit off topic but future set speculation is related to my question. I currently have a x2 31109 MOC as a placeholder for an imperial ship. I've modded a bit to have better masts and interior, however the brick sails, and rubber rigging still remains as well as the red/yellow/green colors which doens't really fit. I have been eyeing to part out the gorgeous 10210 which I have wanted for ages. However it would probably cost me around $200 which isn't awful but I've already sunk a bit of money into my 31109 moc. However with the new BDP program there are two absolutely gorgeous imperial flagships which I'm confident atleast one of will be selected. If that is the case should I

a) continue investing into my 31109 moc and swap colors to imperial ones, make custom sails, add proper rigging, and attempt to somehow raise the deck (difficult to do as my part collection isn't as big as it once was) since the current deck is significantly smaller than the flagship or barracuda which is a shame

B) Part out the 10210 with a few color changes such as a medium nougat hull and custom sails( Not shelling out $45 for a brown hull that is ridiculous) 

OR

C) wait for lego to release their own brand new imperial flagship? Either BDP or as a set? What do y'all think the chances of a soldier ship coming any time soon???

I'm honestly a bit impatient...

If the PoBB came out I would not complain haha would mod that instead into an imperial flagship

Personally, I love my Creator 3in1 Ship. I switched the green out for more red or gold, abd raised the roof one stud so a minifigure could stand under it. I have to imagine if you put two together it would be huge!

Have you heard that there's an upcoming Harry Potter set no. 76440 which is going to be a new version of the Durmstrang ship?

I bet it's not going to use the 4+ hull, like the previous one:

4768-1.jpg

I'm expecting either standard hull pieces or a smaller, brick-built hull.

Anyway, let's wait and see if it's worth the attention of us Pirate fans. :pir-classic:

1 hour ago, Dreamweb said:

Have you heard that there's an upcoming Harry Potter set no. 76440 which is going to be a new version of the Durmstrang ship?

The ship is said to have four sails, one of them printed.

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

The ship is said to have four sails, one of them printed.

Might actually be a HP set I purchase!

9 minutes ago, PxChris said:

Might actually be a HP set I purchase!

The Durmstrang ship pairs with the Beauxbatons carriage, so it remains to be seen how many of the 1229 parts are used for the carriage and the ship respectively. The price is on the higher end with 139,99€ and the set will release on 1st of June. But a ship is always interesting and i can't wait to see pictures!

Posted (edited)

The movie ship has a really unique shape. Will be interesting to see how close they will try to get.

The_Making_of_Harry_Potter_29-05-2012_(D

Last time they brought out the carriage it was 430pcs so might be a roughly 1:2 split. Would leave the ship with a similar part count to the Black Pearl set.

Edited by Magical_Chicken