Captain Braunsfeld

CH V - Cat B - The Death of Brickwall Jackson

As part of Eslandola's military actions against Mardier Colonel Brickinson has organised an Eslandolean attack on Skaford Heights.

32997504060_8cf65e1eec_c.jpg

The assault was a success - the Marderien Yellow Coats were routed.

33339730616_29c105d7fb_c.jpg

32566118543_f6b2852d81_c.jpg

33252605541_e6a43234b0_c.jpg

But sadly General Brickwall Jackson caught a Marderien bullet and died on the battlefield.

33224726482_ff9ef9cd7e_c.jpg

33224723032_4d08a35280_c.jpg

I think I was able to cover all requirements for this part of the challenge:

- beach landing

- Marderien defense

- death of a hero

- max. 48 x 48 studs

- inclusion of my sigfig

And it is all in one scene! (just several pictures of it).

33224729222_159b104d52_c.jpg

C&C Welcome.

A nice scene indeed! And you might actually make me love those stickers after all... (although I still wish TLG could produce one more faction...) 

You always come up with the funniest names :laugh:

Neeeaaat. Love the beach and your custom uniforms, and that vessel is pretty cute - nice inclusion of that stud shooter :thumbup:

Cool build. I don't really know where to start. The landing craft is great, the texturing and layering is also well done. I also like the minifig posing and the waves. The cannon design is also really nice. 

Well this puts my entry to shame. I love the scenery, and the Mardein troops are fantastic. I'm not a big fan of the brickbuilt boat though. I feel like it doesn't add anything to the MOC, and a regular Dingy would have been fine instead.

Great entry Captain, the custom torsos look really good and you've packed a lot of action into this vig!

Great entry !

I really like your stickered uniforms ! The Mardieran ones are particularly good !

Good job !

12 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

A nice scene indeed! And you might actually make me love those stickers after all... (although I still wish TLG could produce one more faction...) 

There is no other way to create new armies - but: only the Marderianians have stickers/decals. I had the decent Eslandolean uniforms printed :pir-grin: (bragging going on in the background)

12 hours ago, Kolonialbeamter said:

You always come up with the funniest names :laugh:

Neeeaaat. Love the beach and your custom uniforms, and that vessel is pretty cute - nice inclusion of that stud shooter :thumbup:

Thanks :sweet:. A funny name was the least I could do. I mean I could not do much more as the story was more or less fixed.

I had thought about whether the stud shooter had been fired - but then I did not enjoy the idea of a MOC with too many bodies... :pir-cry_sad:

11 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

Cool build. I don't really know where to start. The landing craft is great, the texturing and layering is also well done. I also like the minifig posing and the waves. The cannon design is also really nice. 

Thank you, Sir!

11 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Well this puts my entry to shame. I love the scenery, and the Mardein troops are fantastic. I'm not a big fan of the brickbuilt boat though. I feel like it doesn't add anything to the MOC, and a regular Dingy would have been fine instead.

Ok - if "regular Dingy" is the TLG standard boat then I did not want to use it. (And I guess there must be additional ships not shown in the scene because there are way to many man on that beach - they would not have fit)

11 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Great entry Captain, the custom torsos look really good and you've packed a lot of action into this vig!

:sweet:

9 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

I especialy appreciate the historical reference to the american civil war and to the great general Stonewall Jackson.

Nice built however

Yepp, that was the reference I had in mind. :thumbup:

From a military point of view I have somehow adopted the "George Lucas approach to battle scenes": The enemy armies just run towards each other. :laugh:
(Great movies btw.)

2 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Great entry !

I really like your stickered uniforms ! The Mardieran ones are particularly good !

Good job !

:pir-laugh: ok, but the Marderianians are fleshies - and everybody knows that I am not so fond of fleshies. They work for a despicable enemy :pir_laugh2:

Great entry Captain B! The custom printing on the torsos came out looking really good. I especially like the Eslandolan soldiers with the green epaulettes and white trimmed bicornes - they look very French revolutionary period. Any chance you'd share your torso designs? :pir-classic:

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

but the Marderianians are fleshies - and everybody knows that I am not so fond of fleshies. They work for a despicable enemy :pir_laugh2:

Go to the dark side! Go full fleshie! :pir-tongue: My 5B will be full fleshie, but I'll be back to good old yellow for the rest.... still, now I've gone fleshie once, it's quite tempting to do so again!

Fantastic entry, superb atmosphere!

Only now did I realize that those hats are hand-painted? They are absolutely amazing! Really great job on individualizing all those minifigs.

Edited by Elostirion

On 13.3.2017 at 6:54 AM, Elostirion said:

Fantastic entry, superb atmosphere!

Only now did I realize that those hats are hand-painted? They are absolutely amazing! Really great job on individualizing all those minifigs.

Thank you.

And, yes, the hats are hand-painted.

(bicornes and tricornes)

Nice posing, great custom minifigs, and a wonderfully sharp presentation (The colours look great). I also like the little landing vessel and the field gun, and your landscaping is really nice. I can only add that I would have liked to see a little more story accompanying the build. Overall, great work!

On 3.5.2017 at 10:17 AM, Bregir said:

Nice posing, great custom minifigs, and a wonderfully sharp presentation (The colours look great). I also like the little landing vessel and the field gun, and your landscaping is really nice. I can only add that I would have liked to see a little more story accompanying the build. Overall, great work!

Thank you.

More story?  Actually I feel very uncomfortable with the storyline that was mandated for this challenge and I find myself unable to contribute. :pir-cry_sad: