Hi,

i'm starting a new project-full rc lamborghini gallardo lp560-4 scale 1:5.9

sadly, i won't use a gearbox in this one

Features i'd like to include in this model:

-V10 active engine

-AWD with 2 differentials

-Opening bonnet, doors and trunk (maybe rc doors? :D )

-full independent double wishbone suspension

-positive caster angle

now i'm working on the chassis, i hope i'll finish it untill sunday, if I do, i will post a few pics here...

Sounds a bit (too) ambitious, don´t you think?

Some questions: how did you come to that precise scale number 1:5,9? And consequently: which wheels do you wanna use? Because the only option I can see in this case would be huge third party wheels / tires on 3D - printed rims(?)...

Why are you saying "sadly" about not building in a gearbox in? At least you would have a lot of space available in such a big model.

What do you mean by "active" engine (instead of "fake" or something)?

And a last question which may sound a bit childish, you don´t need to answer :tongue: : Why a Gallardo and not e.g. a Centenario?

You should post some WIP pictures - that would make the topic much more interesting!

I would really want to encourage you - don´t give up your dreams! But probably you will have to make huge compromises to achieve any result in the end.

Thanks and keep it up!

Edited by brunojj1

About the wheels, i'm not sure yet (probably the 81.6 R from 42000 or the wheels from the 2016 porsche), but i'm not worrying about the number of pieces

@brunojj1 i'm a little to ambitios, i already built the transmission for it, but i will change it if i'll have enough space :))

i meant to be fake engine, and the centario has bigger wheels and the gallardo was and is my dream car

i've seen many of you were worried about the wheel size, lamborghini has smaller wheels and bigger bodywork unlike porsche or bugatti. @M_longerwell i built a few, but they were smaller, and no vid/photos were made :(

Edited by Matty04

Why not share some pictures even at this stage? It's a WIP topic so we know things are 'in progress'. The more you share, the more feedback you'll get.

The wheels look way too small in comparison to the size of the frame.

So what I'd like to know: how did you calculate the width and wheelbase in comparison to the wheel diameter? Can you show your calculations, or drawings or whatever you used to come up with these dimensions/measurements? I mean, I'm sure they're not just taken out of thin air, right?

We are here to help :wink:.

Now as we know the wheels dimensions, we can start from there to calculate the most important correct dimensions, such as total lenght, width and wheelbase.

I recommend to use Sariel´s model scaler which is very helpful to generate something like this: 

640x323.jpg

Your model should have the width 29 studs, length 66 studs, wheelbase 40 studs. All other details can be measured accordingly.

Btw, the resulting scale would be approx. 1:8.

Edited by brunojj1

3 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

We are here to help :wink:.

Agreed!

3 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

Now as we know the wheels dimensions, we can start from there to calculate the most important correct dimensions, such as total lenght, width and wheelbase.

Your model should have the width 29 studs, length 66 studs, wheelbase 40 studs. All other details can be measured accordingly.

Or the other way around, if you (Matty) want to use that scale of 5.9 for some reason, your tires should have diameter of around 11.2cm. And overall length of 73cm, or about 92 studs.

ok, thanks for the help, i found that blueprint but i can't load it, I mean it shows it's loading forever.. any ideas?

Edited by Matty04

On the right of the image is a  button with View Image or something and you press it and it shows the img in fullscreen and you copy that link (the link should end with jpg) . I hope it works for you  :wink: