Sign in to follow this  
steph77

[MOC] Lamborghini style small racer car

It was a rainy and gray day today in Belgium.
One of those days when my son and i sit beside the fire, wondering what we can build.
Today, my boy (10yo) asked me for a new race car to complete his collection. That's what we did

This car is inspired by a serial of famous car, not only real one, but also famous Mocs of famous builders.

There is no pretension in this model. Just the desire to make an automobile that fits with the envy, the imagination of my son

We started construction at 8 am and finished it around 4 pm. and here it is:

vqm3Hr.jpg

As you can see, there are not technically ultimate functionalities, but here is what need to be spotted on this car features:

- Fake engine V8, custom made, compact and reliable. High RPM and a typic sound when Rolling the car. This sound is the reason of our choice.

- Direction with HOG

- opening doors (butterfly doors)

- adjustable rear spoiler.

All these functions are pure manual and this car gives my son pure fun experience.

I know this is not the more awsome Moc of the year. It is also not a Moc i worked on for month as some other of my créations. But this one spotted so well his objective that i thought it had to be presented here.

Other pictures: front and rear view. Lamborghini inspiration, crasy angles all over the place :)

MAVjj5.jpgmACUWU.jpg

butterfly doors:

0ID7ra.jpg

V8 turbo charged custom made engine:

Zs5QP9.jpg

Top view 3/4:

zd3nzM.jpg

adjustable spoiler:

xnFBOC.jpgxkSJ0x.jpg

Basic cokpit with seats, driving Wheel, handbrake

oe2cYp.jpg

ferrari 358 inspired back view mixed with the pagani exhaust:

s4HUaG.jpg

And that's all folks!

Hope you'll enjoy it. I am quite satisfied of the result. No need to be big to be good!

Idealy i had to rebuilt it from A to Z to optimise the construction. But this is no question at this time for my son :)

Any comments are welcome

I think it's great, very playable :thumbup: Maybe make the panels and a few of the dash beams green as well to give it a bit more color?

How did you make the "reliable v8"? Do you have a picture? Mine always get stuck at some point...

Very creative and orginal positioning of bent liftarms, I love it!

Edited by Didumos69

Excellent One Day build, You did it well with sharing! I love these small but foxy Mocs. :thumbup:

Could You share details and maybe video about the engine and it's sound, plese? You made me curious. :classic:

Good result for one day moc. Best part is not visible - one good day together with Your son.

Thanks all for your comments!

I agree (a lot) with the fact that the best moment where those with my son building together.

Here is a video asked by several of you:

it's quiet hard to publish pictures of a Moc in 'cars' category today, after bruno's fabulous work :)

But i continue working on our little car. I add direction connected to steering Wheel, new panel organisation for the back design. I also improved the seats fixation, finished the roof and add an engine canopy who is openable...

Any comments are welcome :)

H33Q56.jpg

The back view is largely improved i find.

epmkFY.jpg

There is a way better integretion of the rear active spoiler

xvs2n8.jpgnEQf1j.jpg

Once opened you can find one nitro system, NFS inspired...

hUPmOo.jpg

Wheels sit at milimetric range but doesn't touch any thing once turned.

TD9xtf.jpg

Engine bay (same engine than bruno's mercedes AMG)

HLCPnC.jpg

The steering whell connection is discreet but efficient (direct linkage)

ACsXyY.jpg

So here it is...

For some reason, I really like this car. Nice color, nice size, nice parts. Original, in a way.

The only thing I would personally change is the color of the black panels on the front hood. I would make them lime too. But I don't know if you have any lime panels left. Same goes for the roof - I don't like the green-black-green "stripes". I would go for a solid color (green, black or dark-gray)

thanks Erik :)

I do not have any lime panel left.

But i'll try to convert the roof cover in black to get more unity in the front .

Globaly i'am trying to recolor it completely. I think i'll have to choose between black and DBG color too.

I'll post the result once i find it will give a better look at this small car....