Iced

Whats the BEST deal you ever found?

Troll on the Loose, My GF got it for me. $0.99 @ Target in 2004/2005. It was like they found it laying in the stockroom behind the racks, it wasn't even in the computer system anymore.

4712-1.jpg

or perhaps Hogwarts V2 for $22.00 on clearance @ Target

B0001VVJ2Q.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

that was a good deal

Troll on the Loose, My GF got it for me. $0.99 @ Target in 2004/2005. It was like they found it laying in the stockroom behind the racks, it wasn't even in the computer system anymore.

4712-1.jpg

or perhaps Hogwarts V2 for $22.00 on clearance @ Target

B0001VVJ2Q.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Just a couple of days ago at Target I found one of the new Exo-Force (the Purple Panther) with one of the As Is stickers with the price of $3.74! Thought it was a mistake, but it checked out at that price. Everything was brand new and sealed, except it didn't have that plastic paper where they have those holes on the front of the box. *wacko* Pretty good deal. :-)

Eglinton, a bit East of Laird, near the Home Depot (aren't they all?)

Winners used to be amazing for LEGO bargoons in the past, but the last couple of years have been a wasteland. Nothing but Bionicle sets, and the occasional Batman set. All the Batman stuff was selling at 30-50% off this year, but meh....

i still think they are :-$ . at the one at lawrence plaza, i got the small soccer set with almost all the pieces half off their previously marked down price. i was also at the one at dufferin mall recently where they had the batman/batwing set for $50, while the TRU at the same mall had it for $70!!

EDIT: the soccer set was opened and a few of the pieces were missing

Edited by ricecracker

i just received the 8844 i bought on eBay: 10EUR (~15USD) in perfect condition...!

And it didn't smell like smoke or attic or anything :'-) :-|

it took me kinda long to build cause those old instructions are very... uh... need getting used to - but that enhances the building fun!

Edited by BerndDasBrot

I forgot to mention, my overall best find ever (I've no idea how I could forget this one).

In Legoland Billund they usually have this huuuuge box(not my pictures), where you can fill one of these, for like 600kr = approx. 110USD.

As you can see in the picture, the huge box mainly consists of clear plastic bags from old opened sets.

Here is the highligths of what I got:

All sealed bags for 7163 Republic Gunship (only thing missing was the sticker sheet, instruction booklet and the magnets)

About 1000 old grey 1x4 bricks

And ofcourse thousands of other bricks, mainly Harry Potter stuff.

About 1000 old grey 1x4 bricks

You're above break even there... ;-)

God Bless,

Nathan

Last summer a local town was having a community-wide yard sale, and I picked up over 10,000 Lego pieces for about $45.

Every Western Cowboy set (with some Indian sets too!) and the Ristorante set, and some Star Wars minifig + 2 little sets and a Paradisia set for 90 EUR.

The second Hogwarts for 90 EUR.

And from last saturday: Viktor Krumml's boat for 35 euro.

Well, a student at school made a project with some vintage, classic castle minifigures (yellow-castle era). Not knowing their worth/rairty (not sure if they're worth much, but they are to me ;-) ) he gave me the whole lot (about 5 pounds, maybe [consisted of bricks, too!) for free! 8-

Edited by SirNadroj

I bought 9748 Droid Development Kit for $4 (a 96 percent discount) with a box, with all pieces included at a charity shop about a year ago.

...and I thought I had it good! I found 2x 9754 Dark Side Developer Kit for $20 AUD each.

I figured I would bump this since Hinckley linked to it in the other thread. These are some that come to mind:

8466 4x4 Off-Roader (free in 2001; S@H accidentally sent two packages when I had ordered one, and when my dad called them to make sure his card wasn't charged twice they said we could keep the extra one, still haven't gotten around to opening it)

8854 Power Crane (poor box, missing manual and one bag of pretty common parts, otherwise MISB and had all the rare parts, $25 in 2003 off ebay)

6956 Stellar Recon Voyager (MISB, $15 in 2004 off ebay)

8485 Control Center II (MISB, $105 in 2001 off ebay, although the seller barely spoke english and sent it by seamail so it took almost four months to arrive)

two 6483 Coastal Patrol sets (MISB, $30 each in 2004 off ebay)

6884 AERO Module (MISB, $10 in 2003 off ebay)

incomplete 6991 Monorail Transport Base (This included the smaller parts tray and all of the bagged pieces which were unopened, but it had no track, monorail parts, baseplates or supports except for the five small track sections in one bag. Still, there was a lot of rare stuff in the packages. $30 last month off ebay)

For many of the ebay ones, I took advantage of some quirk with the auctions; some were missing "lego" in the title or had a wrong/nonexistent set number (thus resulting in them not showing up in most searches), some had the description saying nothing about a new item but the pictures showing it was probably unopened, and some had sellers who didn't accept Paypal.

Last year:

7094 King castle's siege = 50 €.

8823 Mistalnd tower = 25 €.

Both 50% off RRP.

- 3 years ago I got a MIB 6399 for 101€ on eBay. The box was opened and faded on top. The set was complete and unplayed.

- One lot of 12kg I bought on eBay for 60€ contained a complete 1592 town square set, a classic castle 383 tournament set (incomplete), lots of classic space sets including a galaxy explorer 928 (complete), a Lufthansa promotional plane 1560 (complete), a 6387 Coastal Rescue Base and lots more from the late 70s until the late 80s. Everything in excellent condition.

- A colleague of mine gave me his collection including a mint 1525 truck, a 6080 King's Castle, a 7722 battery train set with additional tracks and lots more. Several other people gave me their collection too.

- I bought 3 Red Stacking Bins 60021 on S@H for 16,99€ each with free delivery instead of 169,99€ each.

- The biggest lot I've bought on eBay so far was a 45kg lot for 300€ (buy it now) including a complete 6399 (which I sold around 200€ :tongue:), three airports 6396, one airport 6392, a Metro Park 6394, and hundreds more (Police headquarters, Fire Houses, Hospitals, Gas Pumps, you name it). The sets were 99% complete and in a good used condition.

- I recently bought 46 MISB sets including 12V sets 7866, 7839, 7835, 7824, 7823, 16 rail boxes, and lots of MISB town sets from the 80s such as 6369, 6349, 6385, 6378, etc. This is probably the best deal I've made so far.

MISB 2556 Shell Ferrari F1 - US$28

MISB 4955 Creator Big Rig - US$15

MISB 8142 Ferrari 248 F1 1:24 - US$10

MISB 8143 Ferrari F430 Challenge - 2 for US$40

MISB 8144 Ferrari F1 Team (Raikkonen Edition) - US$45

all from eBay :)

Well, I saw a Skeleton Tower set sell for $20 down from the retail price of $80.00.

I should have bidded on it. :cry_sad:

~Peace

On two separate occasions/locations, I got a LEGO Store employee to let me fill a small pick-a-brick cup with last season's "build-a-minifig" parts.

1st Cup- all legs

2nd Cup- Mostly torsos and heads, with some accessories and headgear.

I didn't get enough headgear, but I've made about 40 minifigs so far, and I still have tons of as yet unused parts. not bad for a cash outlay of about 9 bucks USD. (I spent a gift card for the second cup)

Other deals that I got at my favorite resale shop:

SW Droid Tank for $25 (missing 7 pieces)

SW 6 wheel clone tank for $25 (missing Mace fig)

Ninja fortress (white and black one) for $3.94 (90% complete)

Best "deal i ever got was free lego from the lego store!!

I went near closing time wanting to stop off and see if they had some certain parts i was looking for in the Pick-a-brick section. Didn't have them, but had a couple in an impulse set, so i picked them up. While i was about to make my purchase, the cashiermade a coment.

"Wow, that has to be the smallest amount i've seen you buy here!" (I was kinda of a regular there before they closed)

I told here i just needed a couple of peices from the sets. She then led me to the back of the store, were she had some sets already built that they had took down getting ready to put up new batman sets. She said since they were already built, they couldn't be sold, so she offered them to me for free!

I ended up with an XXL mobile crane, A belvile house, a couple of exo-force sets, and a few other misalanous things (Can't remeber of the top of my head) Not bad!

Best "deal i ever got was free lego from the lego store!!

I went near closing time wanting to stop off and see if they had some certain parts i was looking for in the Pick-a-brick section. Didn't have them, but had a couple in an impulse set, so i picked them up. While i was about to make my purchase, the cashiermade a coment.

"Wow, that has to be the smallest amount i've seen you buy here!" (I was kinda of a regular there before they closed)

I told here i just needed a couple of peices from the sets. She then led me to the back of the store, were she had some sets already built that they had took down getting ready to put up new batman sets. She said since they were already built, they couldn't be sold, so she offered them to me for free!

I ended up with an XXL mobile crane, A belvile house, a couple of exo-force sets, and a few other misalanous things (Can't remeber of the top of my head) Not bad!

Oh, I had that happen to me too - but the best part was, there was a Republic Gunship involved!

Probably the best deal I ever found was the Harbour set at my TRU for more than 50% off. Its a great set, but it had to go into storage. :hmpf_bad: Too much Lego, not enough room and all that. :tongue:

5522 Golden Anniversary set for only 100 NOK (previously 300) at LW because someone spilled ice cream on it:

5522-1.jpg

:wub: :wub:

Black Seas Barracuda and Armada Flagship for 10 francs at the local market.

Congrats on this one, err - two! :wub:

Envy ON!

So far, my best deal is buying 5378 Hogwarts Castle with 50% off recently.