Sign in to follow this  
Zarkan

Super Smash Brothers

btw, SSBB got a 10/10/10/10 in the famitsu (the most important video game magazine in Japan for those who didn't know..)

And for those who didn't know, they've given a perfect score to only 7 games including this in their 20+ years in business 8-

I can't wait for this blockbuster game. :'-( When the hell does Nintendo announce the release date for Europe and especially Germany? >:-(

Edited by zero1312

Oh yes... I played the original a few months after it's release and had a ball beating up my friend in it. X-D

Now Melee, I ended up buying on it's day of release and was instantly hooked for months. Even to this day, it still sees frequent play when I hang out with friends.

And finally Brawl... I've actually been quite pathetically obsessed with Brawl info as of recent. :-D I eagerly anticipate the day in which I can hold it in my hands... And immediately shove it in my Wii. *sweet*

Also, to whom it may concern three more characters have been confirmed to be in Brawl,

Lucario, Jigglypuff, and Ness *wub*

As stated in the sticker update earlier, some can only be equipped to certain characters, who's icons are displayed in the corner.

Lucario and Jigglypuf are shown here.

Ness is over here.

These images are from a Japanese instructional video, here. Click and drag the blue bar to 4:20 to see, it's not visible during normal play. *wacko*

Hey, Kikui - there's these new things in Brawl. They're called Assist Trophies. :-P ;-)

Non-joking, I actually love this new pokemon, since it's something totally different from the usual "pop out and attack" kind. ;-)

I think SSB Dojo is coming out on February 12th. I can't wait for it, although I think they have added a lot of unnecessary/stupid characters, Sonic and Diddy Kong, for example. Bleh, why are they keeping the Ice Climbers.

Er, first of all, the game got delayed to March 9. Second of all, what's wrong with Sonic and Diddy? The Donkey Kong Country series has lacked a character besides DK for two Smash Bros. games, so Diddy should be welcome. And Sonic was the single most wanted character for Smash overall, and since Sega and Nintendo are on good relations now, so why shouldn't they have put him in? :-/

Edited by Grevious

I think SSB Dojo is coming out on February 12th. I can't wait for it, although I think they have added a lot of unnecessary/stupid characters, Sonic and Diddy Kong, for example. Bleh, why are they keeping the Ice Climbers.

Wow, surprising that you would be so upset over a game when you hardly know anything about it.

Yes, if you actually check the website, you'd find some really cool updates, like the new Mushroomy (yes, I spelled it right) Kingdom, and the Masterpieces, which give you demos of Virtual Console games featuring the characters from Brawl(Super Mario Bros, The Legend of Zelda, and Super Metroid for example). Your going to get a lot in this game.

True, and it would be only logical to put Shadow into the game too. ;-)

Bar the fact that Shadow is one of the stupidest things that has happened to the Sonic franchise.

Anyways...

Brawl is looking to be one of the must have games for the Wii this year. I just hope there aren't any more delays. It's great to see that they're not detracting from what was such a winning formula in Melee and that the new additions are truly worth it. Let's just hope it's not delayed to the summer...

I've got Brawl now, and I'm looking forward to beating my freinds (I didn't have a Nintendo Gamecube for melee so whenever I played I stunks so now I have a score to settle) and it's good! Just reopening this old subject now.

Well, I wouldn't know this topic existed had you not bumped it! XD; thanks for that.

So, who is everyone's main? Mine's Kirby, followed closely by Sonic and soon to be Wolf, once I figure out how to use him. =P

~Trexxen

Well, I wouldn't know this topic existed had you not bumped it! XD; thanks for that.

So, who is everyone's main? Mine's Kirby, followed closely by Sonic and soon to be Wolf, once I figure out how to use him. =P

~Trexxen

I have not played the new game yet, but in Melee, my main is Mario.

*sweet*

I have not played the new game yet, but in Melee, my main is Mario.

*sweet*

Really? My are Roy, Mewtwo, Bowser and Donkey Kong. *sweet*

29 characters confirmed for the Smash Bros Wii U. That number is incredible and I think it's going to keep growing because characters like Ness, Lucas, Wolf, Metaknight, and Ganondorf haven't been confirmed yet. Not saying all of them will be in the next game but I'm sure Ness or Lucas will definitely make a come back.

This is quite the bump. 6 years? Maybe at that point a new thread can be made instead as everything in here is irrelevant. ;P

Relevance you say...

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS were announced officially announce at E3 2013. As of April 2014 the 3DS version has been scheduled for a Summer release window, and a Wii U release this winter.

Gamestop is now accepting pre-orders for both games.

Currently revealed Challengers:

Pit

Bowser

Pikachu

Fox

Kirby

Samus

Link

Donkey Kong

Mario

Wii Fit Trainer (New!)

Mega Man (New!)

Villager (New!)

Pikmin and Olimar

Luigi

Peach

Toon Link

Sonic

Marth

Rosalina and Luma (New!)

Zelda

King Dedede

Lucario

Little Mac (New!)

Diddy Kong

Zero Suit Samus (New! No longer a transformation)

Sheik (New! No longer a transformation)

Yoshi

Charizard (New! No longer a "transformation")

Greninja (New!)

This is not the complete list of characters. Both the Wii U and the 3DS will share the same roster. The complete list will be revealed this Summer along with the release of the 3DS version of the game.

Potential challengers (with possible proof in parenthesis):

Wario (Ashley and Waluigi are Assist Trophies)

Ness (Mr. Saturn is an item in the game. Mr. Wright is an Assist Trophy. Official looking leaked screenshots)

Lucas (Mother badge is an item)

Jigglypuff (Official looking leaked screenshots)

Palutena (Official looking leaked screenshots)

Chrom (Official looking leaked screenshots)

List of useful links:

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS Home (US)

Super Smash Bros. Nintendo Direct (April 8th, 2014)

Collection of screenshots for 3DS

Collection of screenshots for Wii U

Director Masahiro Sakurai's Miiverse "Pic of the Day" collection (updates every evening)

Edited by Penkid11

Relevance you say...

Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS were announced officially announce at E3 2013. As of April 2014 the 3DS version has been scheduled for a Summer release window, and a Wii U release this winter.

I think he/she just meant that this thread is no longer relevant because the last post was six years ago. I was thinking of starting up a new Smash Bros. thread but found this one. I'm very excited for the new game. I've heard rumors about Ridley from Metroid appearing in the game but that's been a rumor since before Melee came out. Lol

My most wanted character is Knuckles the Echidna from the Sonic the Hedgehog series. He would be an awesome addition with cool moves like gliding into opponents and digging in the ground.

Edited by Moon_Knight

Rumor has it that the amount of characters is roughly the same as in Brawl, which I highly doubt due to the current absence of Captain Falcon, Wario, Falco, Ganondorf, Metaknight, a second Fire Emblem character, the Ice Climbers and Mother/Earthbound characters :wink: Sakurai once said that not all characters from Brawl would return, and I think Wolf, Snake and R.O.B. are likely not to reappear. Personally, I hope for the return of Metaknight (even though his flight capabilities will most likely be trimmed like Pit's) and an appearance of Professor Layton and Phoenix Wright :sweet:

Pacman is definitely going to be a character In here, as there are Galaga and Rally-X its.

Pacman is definitely going to be a character In here, as there are Galaga and Rally-X its.

Pacman would be amazing :wub: Not that I don't believe you, but is there any other proof besides Galaga and Rally-X being present?