Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

7 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

My apology to @dario2739 because just2good said on his live stream that there is rumour floating around about a second line of CMF's. So we'll see. 

No worries :wink:

This series seems to have proved by far the most popular CMF range so far, and there are so many possibilities for figures that may not otherwise get made... so it would make sense.

The photo I posted it seems is the Alfred in costume that will come with the Batwing set (love that his bat symbol is the 1966 TV series version), but we still have figures like Egghead, Crazy Quilt, Zan & Jayna etc. etc.

Is the CMF series box supposed to include 3 copies of each minifigure (like the one Whitefang got for his review)? I'm asking because my box certainly didn't, I got 5 Robins and 4 Harleys but only 2 Batgirls and 2 Red Hoods. I'm not complaining though since if you do the math, you realise I got 61 minifigs instead of 60 :laugh:

Felt 8 minifigures today and got only 7/8 right! Unfortunately got Calculator who I'm not interested in, instead of nurse Harley. Any hints on feeling her? Wasn't able to feel her hair in full box...

7 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

Felt 8 minifigures today and got only 7/8 right! Unfortunately got Calculator who I'm not interested in, instead of nurse Harley. Any hints on feeling her? Wasn't able to feel her hair in full box...

I personally was able to isolate the hairpiece. But for confirmation I was able to separate the 2x2 tile piece for her, Gordon and Eraser. I still think the best way though is to feel for the hair, you should be able feel the ponytails. 

•  
Edited by Ashnflash

3 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I personally was able to isolate the hairpiece. But for confirmation I was able to separate the 2x2 tile piece for her, Gordon and Eraser. I still think the best way though is to feel for the hair, you should be able feel the ponytails. 

•  

Agreed, I managed to feel the hair too. It's quite a bulky piece then as ashnflash suggests, go for the pony tails and 2x2 tile. You've also got a tiny tiny nurse hat which clips in the top of the hair you could try get to the corner of the bag and feel for too.

3 minutes ago, Captain Britain said:

Agreed, I managed to feel the hair too. It's quite a bulky piece then as ashnflash suggests, go for the pony tails and 2x2 tile. You've also got a tiny tiny nurse hat which clips in the top of the hair you could try get to the corner of the bag and feel for too.

That's exactly why I felt Calculator armor instead of her hair! Going to try my luck again in a couple days to see if I managed to fell her. The rest are kinda easy to feel, like club for Caveman Batman and guitar for Glam Bat.

12 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

•  

Thanks for the help everybody!

Finally got my first two figs of the series. My gf came home today and brought me Red Hood and Fairy Bat. Red Hood is pretty cool i must say.

It was probably mentioned before, but the colours on the legs of Catman on the leaflet are just the other way around.

I hope i'll find the time tomorrow to get me some more. 

I must admit getting to know the accessories for each figure was important in tracking them down. I saw sure a figure I'd felt was Lobster Bats but then when looking at the images I realised it was Zodiac so picked it up.

I agree with the others that Harley's hair is the thing that has stood out for me each time I've felt one. Red Hood's  shoulder piece can feel similar to Calculator but then I check for the dome... I picked up two of those to get an official red Bats cape for my Batman Beyond figure (I might use the spare Red Hood head for a Grifter custom).

As I was feeling for the final figure I needed (March Harriet) I actually realised that I'd almost placed a complete set in a pile of those that I'd gone through. Handy for any kids popping in.

5 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I must admit getting to know the accessories for each figure was important in tracking them down. I saw sure a figure I'd felt was Lobster Bats but then when looking at the images I realised it was Zodiac so picked it up.

I agree with the others that Harley's hair is the thing that has stood out for me each time I've felt one. Red Hood's  shoulder piece can feel similar to Calculator but then I check for the dome... I picked up two of those to get an official red Bats cape for my Batman Beyond figure (I might use the spare Red Hood head for a Grifter custom).

As I was feeling for the final figure I needed (March Harriet) I actually realised that I'd almost placed a complete set in a pile of those that I'd gone through. Handy for any kids popping in.

Didn't think about getting the cape for a Batman Beyond figure! Good shout. You're going to make my Batman collection grown tenfold aren't you haha

Edited by Captain Britain

as we are talking about Red Hood, I have a question for you guys who would be geekier than I am!    Is the CMF Red Hood a version of the Jason Todd character or is it an incarnation of the red Hood gang leader?  in other words, is it a (relatively) good guy or a bad guy (cause I separate them in my minifigures frames)    It really looks like this guy:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hood#/media/File:Detective_Comics_(1937)_-168.jpg   but the head confuses me!

It's both.

The main body of the fig is the gang leader/the Joker, but Lego threw in the Jason Todd head because they can.

5 minutes ago, Mat099 said:

as we are talking about Red Hood, I have a question for you guys who would be geekier than I am!    Is the CMF Red Hood a version of the Jason Todd character or is it an incarnation of the red Hood gang leader?  in other words, is it a (relatively) good guy or a bad guy (cause I separate them in my minifigures frames)    It really looks like this guy:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Hood#/media/File:Detective_Comics_(1937)_-168.jpg   but the head confuses me!

I assumed it's personally that it was the Red Hood gang leader due to the style. And to continue the question.. is that basically The Joker before he became The Joker?

Agreed though - it could have been any head underneath so it's neat to get the decent head from Red Hood Croc set but does add some confusion!

EDIT - ignore, hulk smash answered my question haha thanks!

Edited by Captain Britain

17 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

My apology to @dario2739 because just2good said on his live stream that there is rumour floating around about a second line of CMF's. So we'll see. 

What?!

When?

34 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What?!

When?

Yeah, I heard about the Disney Brickheadz with Beauty and the Beast but not this. Can anybody clarify?

Just now, Robert8 said:

What? Disney Brickheadz?

These were all brought up during his live Q&A. A former key member of this forum was also present and both were brought up. I also posted about the Brickheadz in the Disney forum. 

While there is certainly enough material, I don't think we'll have a 2nd CMF series. :sceptic: 

Edited by Mr Greeble

The LEGO Movie received a third wave in January 2015. A second Collectible Minifigure Series this time next year wouldn't be surprising...

Edited by Sir Gareth
Auto-Correct :|

Of course it would be surprising

A wave of CMFs a whole year after the release of the movie

There are already a wave of CMFs, 2 waves of sets and all the polybags, promos, book exclusives, etc. 

What could they include in a second wave of CMFs? There are not enough characters for a second wave of 20 minifigures.

Edited by Robert8

10 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Of course it would be surprising

A wave of CMFs a whole year after the release of the movie

There are already a wave of CMFs, 2 waves of sets and all the polybags, promos, book exclusives, etc. 

What could they include in a second wave of CMFs? There are not enough characters for a second wave of 20 minifigures.

I firmly believe that everyone here could think of more than 20 off the top of their heads right now especially with all the Bat-suit variants, random C-List and D-List villains, and extras that have been shown in the railers alone. 

And I agree with @Sir Gareth, TLM's 3 set wave came almost a full year after the movie came out so while there is no concrete evidence to say there will be anything coming out for the Batman Movie next January it isn't just base-less speculation... its really more along the lines of rampant speculation :grin:

Edited by Legocity2713