Sir Gareth

The LEGO Batman Movie Set/CMF Rumors & Discussion

Thoughts time!

Mime: I don't know the character, and none of the parts appeal to me. Pass

Zodiac Master: See above

Catman: Meh.

Rabbit Girl: The guns are tempting, but she'll be a budget decision.

The Calculator: Loaded with good parts, might get several.

Commissioner Gordon: YES! Must get!

Cave Batman: Pretty good, will get.

Barbara Gordon: Ehhhh.

The Eraser: Completely ridiculous, but I want his head piece!

Glam Metal Batman: Incredible figure, definitely one of the best in the series.

Orca: A fun figure, and I love that head!

Ballerina Batman: Yeah, no. Not in the budget.

Nurse Harley: Maybeeee. Borderline decision.

Red Hood: Great figure, good parts. Will get.

Joker: Depends on the sets I buy. We've already seen everything about him.

Robe Batman: Mandatory. My collection must have it!

Dick Grayson: Depends on how badly I want shark repellent.

Pink Batgirl: Not my thing

Vacation Batman: Mandatory!

King Tut: Maybe for parts.

4 minutes ago, jurrobear said:

Agreed. Im glad I can retire my custom. 

I was preparing to make a custom a few weeks ago, I told myself to wait until at least January and I'm so glad I did. 

With this figure I feel like the darker skin adds more to the character instead of detracting like we thought it would when the other variant was revealed. 

I  don't quite get the criticisms about including one character versus another.. while the movie is clearly a love letter to the DC Comics universe... it also is an original plot that none of us have seen so it seems strange to make those sorts of comments when we have no idea about the role they play in the Lego iteration of the Batman Universe.

Does Commissioner Gordon remind anyone else of J. Jonah Jameson? I might get a duplicate so he can double as him.

Edited by BigGuy4U

In the next ben affleck batman film, commissioner gordon is being played by JK Simmons who played j jonah jameson in the sam raimi spider man films, so yes he does remind me of him!

Edited by robertgorman2505

I wouldn't fret too much over missing characters until it's all over. There are plenty of other opportunities. Book tie-ins, DVD/Blu-Ray releases, other polybags (Exclusive or otherwise), more Dimensions, and god forbid, comic con figures. This seems to be a massive exercise for both LEGO and WB/DC so they'll be flexing their advertising muscles quite a bit I imagine.  I do love what they've come up with so far though! ^^

Edited by Catanas

Well, I can definitely see a lot of parts I want to scavenge for other projects ... but definitely want to get King Tut, Lobster Loving Batman, and Catman to display, maybe Orca, too.

I'd also  like the Lego team to take that exact outfit on Cave Batman and use it for the Series 17 Strongman that's been rumored...

I'm really happy for King Tut because it is another figure for my 1966 Batcave display. Also no one is really talking about it, but the Joker's alternate sad face looks really good so I can't really complain about him. 

39 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

These look all incredible but I'm pretty sad that we won't get Chef Joker and are instead stuck with Arkham Joker :hmpf_bad: At least he's the only non-exclusive minifig here (apart from the face print that is) instead of the five we originally thought we'd get :laugh:

too bad chef joker did not come with pizza scarecrow

28 minutes ago, Catanas said:

I wouldn't fret too much over missing characters until it's all over. There are plenty of other opportunities. Book tie-ins, DVD/Blu-Ray releases, other polybags (Exclusive or otherwise), more Dimensions, and god forbid, comic con figures. This seems to be a massive exercise for both LEGO and WB/DC so they'll be flexing their advertising muscles quite a bit I imagine.  I do love what they've come up with so far though! ^^

I agree. There are tons of other ways we can get missing figures.

3 minutes ago, Pop Star c o said:

Will Lobster-Lovin' Batman and Vacation Batman classified as Batsuits?

I don't think so. He's just wearing a t-shirt and a robe. They aren't batsuits. 

3 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I kinda want a series of animations about the backstories of some of these suits. I can't be the only one wondering why the goshdarn Batman would be wearing a pink fairy tutu.

Ya I hope so too. 

Also anyone who wants to zoom in and look at some other images that haven't been released yet. The sets are on the LEGO.com/shop (at least in Canada). 

2 minutes ago, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

I kinda want a series of animations about the backstories of some of these suits. I can't be the only one wondering why the goshdarn Batman would be wearing a pink fairy tutu.

That is one good idea. I want to see LEGO do this.

I am still waiting for images of the Arctic Roller. Please God, let it include the front of the Iceberg Lounge.

My suit rack in the batcave will have the three included, glam bat, cave man batman, excalibat and possibly the pirate batman from the dc minifigure encyclopedia as that was in the trailer. I was kind of hoping to see the batriot, st.batricks and bat by gaslight, so I guess I just have to hope for a book or blu-ray exclusive or something.

Edited by robertgorman2505

I think if you watch the film when it comes out you'll have a very clear idea of why he's wearing it.

What a great series! The Eraser, modest Nurse Harley and the Beach Batman are my favorites, though Orca, Calculator, Tut, and Hood are also great.