WetWired

Modular Autumn Park

It's been a long time since I've done a new project on LEGO Ideas, Stay Puft being the last one. Even longer since I put an original project (not based on a license) on there.

This is an idea I've had for a long time, started, stopped, abandoned, returned, started from scratch, etc etc etc for the past year and a half. But I finally finished it this weekend.

The Modular Autumn Park.

For some reason I can neither upload images nor link to existing ones on here so unfortunately you'll have to either watch the video or go to the link to see images (or just close the thread and ignore me :P)

Nestled between the bustle of Cafés, Restaurants, Banks and Cinemas is the Autumn Park, a quiet retreat for LEGO city residents. This modular format set contains 1090 pieces and 6 minifigures.

The young couple who got engaged at the Parisian Restaurant are finally tying the knot in the corner Gazebo as a young girl watches, swinging under the orange hued oak tree.

Nearby, old friends enjoy their daily game of chess on the giant chess board. They'll soon grab a hot dog, pretzel or some popcorn from the street vendor out front before throwing their change into the fountain statue of Lord Brickton. 

This is great and everything I have wanted in a modular park - the cute gazebo, different and colourful plants, lots of little details that really stand out.  The chess pit is a really neat idea, as is the tree swing.  Overall plan excellent too. I've voted.

Those have to be the best looking, most practical and playable 8x8 chessboard pieces I have ever seen! :wub: I would love to buy that, but personally not with a large park around it, even though it looks great the way you integrated it. The render animation is absolutely stunning, by the way! :thumbup: 

Edited by Exetrius

Wonderful! So much polished details! It has the best Lego chess set I've ever seen.

The fences on the back and the side are beautiful, but the front fence is fabulous!

Are all parts you have used already produced in those colours?

4 hours ago, Wesley D said:

Are all parts you have used already produced in those colours?

No, that's why I did this build digitally rather than physically

I'd buy that - supported ! 

What'd you model this in and make the video with?

Edited by CM4Sci

11 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

I'd buy that - supported ! 

What'd you model this in and make the video with?

It was made with LDD but then exported into Unity to create the video

This is such a beautiful Park.I would buy one,especially if it has extra Parts for all 4 Seasons?

And that Chess Pit is amazing.

Looks great.  That's how a moc for ideas should be done, all to the last detail, no compromises in build or presentation.  I understand that the color scheme doesn't permit this being built in bricks yet.  I think people in general respond better to physical models which makes the quality of the render and presentation all the more important. :thumbup:
Supported.

12 hours ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Wonderful work wetwired! 

Are there many pieces that are presently unavailable?

I couldn't tell you to be honest, I know they have budgets for sets in how many new parts they can order. There's a lot that can be changed though, I think the main ones would be the chess board parts as they need to be all the same colours. The leaves etc can all be changed to other colours, Within reason.

5 hours ago, Sven F said:

Looks great.  That's how a moc for ideas should be done, all to the last detail, no compromises in build or presentation.  I understand that the color scheme doesn't permit this being built in bricks yet.  I think people in general respond better to physical models which makes the quality of the render and presentation all the more important. :thumbup:
Supported.

Yeah, I know I prefer physically built models myself but I felt I would be doing this project a disservice with that limitation, that's why I spent more time on the presentation to try and get it looking as real as I could.

19 hours ago, Another Brick In The Wall said:

Just another question -- Is there a reason why the Chess board is orientated in that fashion? Would it not make more sense to align the board so man sitting on the bench is directly behind the pieces?
(Ok that's two questions)

It was blocking the bench too much, but I think it should be all plates instead of tiles for the board, then you can align it any way you please

I really like this. I agree with others about the very nice chess set... But, the chess set takes up 1/4 of the park.  Maybe this is a Chess Park.

good luck

Andy D