Sign in to follow this  
letsbuild

[WIP] Chevrolet Monte Carlo Nascar

Hello folks!

I am building a Chevy Monte Carlo Nascar. This is my first technic MOC on which I will be building bodywork based on a real car.

The car will be using:

two XL motors,

one M motor,

two receivers,

one LIPO battery box.

It will have no gearbox, and it will be based off this picture.

chevrolet_monte_carlo_nascar.jpg

Thank you @Sariel for having your model scaler available to the world.

Cheers

Let's Build

Edited by letsbuild

I would agree that 62.4s would look better on this, but if you're set on using those wheels then I would suggest finding the black 6-hole rim for those tires. Those would look a lot better

Do you have another idea? I don't have any 6-hole rims in black, and i'm not buying any parts for this model.

I hate to throw another alternate into the ring but, that picture looks like it's set up really well for tumbler tyres. It'd be pretty large scale mind you, size and budget ?

7 hours ago, Boulderer said:

I hate to throw another alternate into the ring but, that picture looks like it's set up really well for tumbler tyres. It'd be pretty large scale mind you, size and budget ?

13 hours ago, letsbuild said:

...i'm not buying any parts for this model.

So, I posted a WIP topic, but I didn't post anything related to a WIP, so here is an update.

Surprisingly, it goes quite fast. I've never had a model as quick as this one.

Three Quarter (05)Front (07)Bottom (02)

As you can see, the bottom 20T bevel gear has popped out. I don't know how to fix it. If anyone has an idea, please let me know.

Top (01)

I've got to rebuild the front end because it's too short, but i'll do that later.

Bottom (04)

Cheers,

Let's Build!

Edited by letsbuild
Added another picture

19 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Try putting a 1L liftarm/spacer between those axles. But I think you should hard couple them next to each other, this is not strong enough to withstand driving with it.

Could you elaborate please? They basically are aready.

Edited by letsbuild

You should have enough space between the bevel gears to put a 1L beam or longer to stop them popping out.

I assume the two bevel gears are on the same axle? If they are, then that is hard coupling. 

Hope this helps :) 

I just realized that I should just reverse one

motor's power and put them on the same axle.

6 minutes ago, Oliver 79 said:

You should have enough space between the bevel gears to put a 1L beam or longer to stop them popping out.

I assume the two bevel gears are on the same axle? If they are, then that is hard coupling. 

Hope this helps :) 

Thanks, it helped me jumpstart my brain. The 20t bevel gears are not on the same axle.

Alright, I just fixed it with the aforementioned ideas, and it works just as well as before, but this time the gear doesn't pop out.:sweet:

Next, I moved the front bodywork forward by one stud, adapted the front fenders to work with it, and removed the white on the front to re-start that section.

To-Do:

Roof

Front

Cover the rear

Make an interior

Find a place for the receivers.

Cheers,

Let's Build!

P.S.

2 minutes ago, brickless_kiwi said:

go and have a look how Madoca1977 wingtruck drive train works https://plus.google.com/photos/117021167471864977943/album/5940648351635406001/5940925828612637538

very strong and works very well, I use it in a lot of my mocs..

That's really smart! Unfortunately, I won't be working on the drivetrain anymore, but thanks anyway!

Edited by letsbuild

I just headed down to a local gym, measured out two meters, and drove the car through at top speed. The car crossed that two meters in 1.18 seconds. That means, according to an online speed calculator, that it averaged a speed of 6.1 km/h. That also means that the fastest my lego has gone under it's own power is 6.1 km/h. Woohoo!

Edited by letsbuild

I have decided to make it a nascar truck because the front grill looks like one. I have already started on the back and hood, more pictures soon.

Cheers

Let's Build!

Hey folks!

So, my NASCAR has been sitting on my shelf for about a week, and today I spent about an hour trying to get the roof done, but to no avail. I am running out of white pieces and ideas to choose from. If anyone has any ideas for the roof, I would be glad to hear them. I might scrap this project soon though, because I want to build other things.

My NASCAR truckMy NASCAR truck

Cheers,

Let's Build!

Edited by letsbuild

Sorry folks, but I'm scrapping the NASCAR. I just can't figure out what to do for the roof. Plus, I need the parts for other projects. I'm sorry @Lox Lego, but you won't be able to see the final product. I hope you'll be able to keep living out your life. 

Cheers,

Let's Build

10 hours ago, letsbuild said:

Sorry folks, but I'm scrapping the NASCAR. I just can't figure out what to do for the roof. Plus, I need the parts for other projects. I'm sorry @Lox Lego, but you won't be able to see the final product. I hope you'll be able to keep living out your life. 

Cheers,

Let's Build

Oh. I was quite exited to see the finished product too. I will be here to see your next moc.