Roebuck

Guess the next animal mould round 2

I too hope for a 'live' coloured lobster. But I'm not holding my breath - in popular culture lobsters are usually only thought of as red. 

13 hours ago, williejm said:

I too hope for a 'live' coloured lobster. But I'm not holding my breath - in popular culture lobsters are usually only thought of as red. 

They have the mould now, so why not use it for a few other color runs? Maybe they will give us a new diver or fisherman in a cmf series with it, that would make him a wanted fig in that series.

It's hard to divide wishes from probability, but I'll guess we'll eventually see a generic small bird mold which can then be printed in different colors like grey for pigeons.  They are so omnipresent in every town. 

7 hours ago, Sven F said:

It's hard to divide wishes from probability, but I'll guess we'll eventually see a generic small bird mold which can then be printed in different colors like grey for pigeons.  They are so omnipresent in every town. 

I think it more likely these days that we get specific species ( like a pigeon or crow, probably ) than a generic 'bird' - just going by the very specific nature of new Lego animals like the skunk, chihuahua, gull, owls, cobra & penguin : they are such a far cry from the generic 'bird' that was everything from hawk to parrot and every colour in between, 

Welcome to the jungle!!

New city sub theme for summer 2017 :thumbup:

Almost guaranteed to bring some new animal moulds :grin:

Which new animal moulds do you think we will get in the jungle the mighty jungle :laugh:

As some of the above, I'm betting on a goat.
I need goats. Desperately. I wake up in the middle of the night, all sweaty, screaming "95341!".
It's five years old, and almost completely unobtainable. It's an outrage.

An outrage, I say! :angry:

And for the jungle (the mighty jungle) I guess: a GOAT!

A new jungle City subtheme surely means there will be several new animal moulds (finally!) Only question is what kind of jungle it will be (Indian - tigers, African - gorillas or Amazon - jaguars...)

However, the CMF series should be released beforehand and there is bound to be a new animal mould included.

I got a sneak peek of the city jungle sets yesterday :grin:

The picks were tiny and time limited, but I saw one new animal mould that I believe people will be happy to get :cry_happy: Personally I was very existed when I saw it :wub:

15 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

The picks were tiny and time limited, but I saw one new animal mould that I believe people will be happy to get :cry_happy: Personally I was very existed when I saw it :wub:

Are you sure it is new?

Maybe it will be introduced in CMF S17. 

Itaria said there is an animal-related minifigure

Hehe, yes!

The pictures was so small so the only animals I had a chance of spotting where the ones that are bigger than minifigs :sceptic:

So unless they start including them in CMF s17 it is safe to say it will be new!

I hope the sets (and CMF s17 also) will include several new animal moulds, and I is likely since a lot of animals are smaller than humans  
:tongue: 

A big cat mould (that can be printed and come in various colours to be a tiger, leopard, puma, jaguar, Panther) is long overdue and would be very useful. 

Fingers crossed 

Thank you very much for letting us know that there actually will be a new animal mould, Roebuck! :classic:

It for sure will be only included in the JE sets and maybe in other (City) sets in the future. But for sure not in any CMF series since the biggest animals we got in them were about the size of a dog (a big animal does count like a minifig and so there would be two in a bag).

16 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Hehe, yes!

The pictures was so small so the only animals I had a chance of spotting where the ones that are bigger than minifigs :sceptic:

So unless they start including them in CMF s17 it is safe to say it will be new!

I hope the sets (and CMF s17 also) will include several new animal moulds, and I is likely since a lot of animals are smaller than humans  
:tongue: 

Well, any hint?

I don't feel comfortable asking for a favor to Don Corleone, but anyway.... :laugh::sceptic:

Hehe :devil:

You guys are suppose to guess :tongue:

It is hard to give a general enough hint, but I will try :sceptic:

From what I could see the animal came in two different variations. The variation could be:

1 sex (like the deer in 10584 male/female)

2 colour (like the Lego cow brown/black and white)

3 age (like the horses in 6404 adult/juvenile)

I think the most stereotypical animal associated with the jungle is tiger even though they are quite rare now.  Also elephants,  they would certainly be bigger than minifigures which you made clear. 

I am thinking elephant in one color,  one gender,  two sizes. 

Elephants are endangered and it would make sense to have the whole theme revolve around good and bad guys, like poachers (probably not directly named as such) who keep bones in their hideout and an animal rescue team with vets, maybe whole facilities and animal transport vehicles.  I kind of want to play with that now.

Edited by Sven F

I think its a gorilla 

A normal one, because Gorilla Grodd looks like it is possessed by the devil

Edited by Robert8

I can't imagine that elephants are included in a Jungle Exploration theme. So I'd go either for tigers or gorillas. I fear that'll be gorillas. Fear because we already have got enough monkeys (although not big ones). But a tiger is since long overdue!

As much as I love new specific moulded animals, I feel nostalgic about the original bird mould that took just another print or color for different species.

I hope for another bird mould. Again one not too specific, that can be used and printed for different small birds.

In Lego City Undercover there were Lego pigeons, but I guess that mould is never made. A shame, as they would fit perfectly on Assembly Square!

The guessing game is (luckily) over: legomilk posted the new animal which will appear in the City Jungle Exploration theme in the 2017 City sets topic.

I'm that glad that it isn't a gorilla and consequently am really looking forward to this since long overdue animal! :thumbup:

Beyond happy to have a lobster piece! Between the Penguin and Lobster mold I can't contain how happy I am with TLG right now.

I'm assuming this thread is only for real world animals but as far as creatures go there maybe a molded rathtar in a summer Star Wars set. If you don't know what they are, a Rather is basically an angry ball of tentacles and teeth. We don't get usually get new molds for Star Wars animals so thought i'd share it. 

If there is an elephant in the upcoming jungle sub theme I do hope they keep the original mold which is perfect. 

On 6.1.2017 at 5:58 PM, williejm said:

A big cat mould (that can be printed and come in various colours to be a tiger, leopard, puma, jaguar, Panther) is long overdue and would be very useful. 

Fingers crossed 

A big cat mould it is, but there are some uncertainty to which species in the Pantherinae subfamily :tongue:

1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

The guessing game is (luckily) over: legomilk posted the new animal which will appear in the City Jungle Exploration theme in the 2017 City sets topic.

I'm that glad that it isn't a gorilla and consequently am really looking forward to this since long overdue animal! :thumbup:

Definitely no gorilla :wink::thumbup:

1 hour ago, RichiPuppy said:

I am going to guess number two with a spotted leopard and black panther varients.

More or less spot on from what I could make out of the pictures, have you had a peek also :wink:
But I think is is more likely that it is a jaguar and a black panther from the Amazonian rainforest :wub:

2 hours ago, Roebuck said:

More or less spot on from what I could make out of the pictures, have you had a peek also :wink:
But I think is is more likely that it is a jaguar and a black panther from the Amazonian rainforest :wub:

This is great news, as a clever use of colour options. In theory of course a black version of a leopard or jaguar could be referred to as a  'panther'. I'm certainly hoping its generic enough to be either a jaguar or a leopard - as I'm sure that's not a big deal for most people.