Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 17 Rumors and Discussion

Concerning the color of the dress (somebody remembers?!?), Brickset says it is metallic, thats why shield and dress have different shades. 

5 hours ago, AmperZand said:

The mismatched colours could be because the torso and slope-dress are a shade of blue while the shield is light bley, and both are distorting the colour of the printing. It could be that LEGO was trying to compensate for that but didn't get it quite right.

I was thinking that the dress has more of a silver color, while the shield has a gold color.  The sword and shield match alright, but neither really match the minifigure.  They should have gone with a silver sword and silver printing on the shield.

31 minutes ago, mogwai150 said:

So we should start seeing reports of these in the wild in the next week or so, yeah? 

I'd say around the last week of April, but stores might be getting these in already and may start putting them out accidentally. 

25 minutes ago, Amazing Bricks said:

I'd say around the last week of April, but stores might be getting these in already and may start putting them out accidentally. 

Anytime this month is fair game. I was in Target and they didn't have any CMFs of any stripe out, but they had some in the back. Not gonna bother looking there again until sightings start filtering in.

Edited by K_Tiger

35 minutes ago, Moon knight said:

What if we have been looking at the Highwayman all along..... It could be an all black figure? 

:grin: already posted that picture.

43 minutes ago, Moon knight said:

What if we have been looking at the Highwayman all along..... It could be an all black figure? 

It will probably go down as the most hated minifigure of all time and a great trick on Lego's part.

Yeah, at this point TLG has already succeeded with this ploy - generating traffic and interest with a simple silhouette. It worked for 10188!

4 hours ago, K_Tiger said:

Anytime this month is fair game. I was in Target and they didn't have any CMFs of any stripe out, but they had some in the back. Not gonna bother looking there again until sightings start filtering in.

So for sure that means that was S17 in the back, right? Otherwise it would have been out?

Likely, but not necessarily. It could be a case of TLBM minifigures that they've yet to put out for whatever reason. Stories abound of people asking for the case in the back, and instead of it being the new series it's an old one.

I was at my local Lego Store tonight and asked about the new series, but the guy at the cash register didn't know much of anything. He did say that if other area stores put them out early, they might get the go ahead to do so as well, and added that Target and Walmart often get these figures out about two weeks before they ought to. But one of the Targets in my vicinity still have Series 16 out, so I don't hold out much hope that 17 will appear there any time soon.

Was just in my Target the other day. They had a handful of S16 and Disney, which I thought was kind of strange. They were super late putting out S16 though.

1 hour ago, jjr_2009 said:

Was just in my Target the other day. They had a handful of S16 and Disney, which I thought was kind of strange. They were super late putting out S16 though.

Yeah, target has been slacking for the past couple of series. I don't go there to get minifigures. Also, toysrus has become strict with only having a certain quantity like two per customer. They also jacked the price up a dollar, so the Lego store is my go to store.

My target only got one rack of the batman series and five boxes of series 16. They still haven't gotten rid of series 16.

My last trip to Target had a mix of TLBM and Series 16 in near equal numbers. They were on a rack with TLBM cardboard detail. I helped a woman get two copies of the Babysitter, one for her little girl standing there, and one as a gift for a cousin. Her son had no interest in TLBM. The girl was maybe four, the boy about six. I think the TLBM figures just don't appeal too well to the younger demographic, despite the movie's success.

4 hours ago, gedren_y said:

My last trip to Target had a mix of TLBM and Series 16 in near equal numbers. They were on a rack with TLBM cardboard detail. I helped a woman get two copies of the Babysitter, one for her little girl standing there, and one as a gift for a cousin. Her son had no interest in TLBM. The girl was maybe four, the boy about six. I think the TLBM figures just don't appeal too well to the younger demographic, despite the movie's success.

The LBM minifigs are listed as 'retiring soon' on Lego's website so I think that their appeal has somewhat dwindeled.

20 hours ago, Moon knight said:

All black with just a question mark on the chest. :grin:

6 minutes ago, Brick Dangerous said:

All black with just a question mark on the chest. :grin:

Make it Vantablack! :grin:

5 hours ago, Lego-fire said:

So where are we getting these pics? 

We got the pictures already we are just waiting on the highwayman.

Someone actually found the highwayman? Might be a fake? I don't really like it. Kind of boring.

fd9ch6m2njqy.jpg

Edited by Franklinw1234

I saw it on the other group which is an italian site, they said the guy bought it from Legoland Billund. I don't recall that torso nor the legs. Hmmmm but I'm not sure half of me stays untrue because there is nothing special with that.