Norrington

What book are you reading right now?

I am reading Mortal Engines by Phillip Reeve.

Thats a great book! You shoud get the rest after you read it! :laugh:

I'm reading Doctor Who: The Pirate Loop! Its really good, better then some of the episodes for sure.

I've started Red Mars, the first volume of the Mars Trilogy by Kim Stanley Robinson. I don't really know what to think of it... I'm already one third through, but still nothing happened. Sure it's impressively written at times (sometimes, it feels like the guy actually went on an expedition onsite when he starts describing the landscape and all, and it makes you feel like you're actually there) but I'm still waiting for something to happen...

The House of Many Ways, by Diana Wynn Jones. The second sequel to Howl's Moving Castle.

They are wonderfuly amusing.

The House of Many Ways, by Diana Wynn Jones. The second sequel to Howl's Moving Castle.

They are wonderfuly amusing.

Is there a link with Miyazaki's film? I didn't know it was based on a book...

I've just finished (for the second time):

Constantinople: The Last Great Siege, 1453 by Roger Crowley

I'm currently reading for the third time the wonderful series known as The Wheel of Time, written by Robert Jordan. Sadly he never managed to finish the series before he died, although someone else is going to be finishing it for him (not sure if that is a good thing though). Anyway, I am currently up to book 8, The Path of Daggers. For those of you who don't know the series, it is science-fiction at it's best, set in a world in which the Dark one is breaking free (classic good verse evil thing). Robert Jordan has an amazing eye for detail and is most noted for his amazing character development, which is really something in itself. It is very rare that I see writers developing their characters to the extent that Jordan does.

Well there you have it, it's a great series and I would recommend it to anyone with a bit of time on their hands. :classic:

Is there a link with Miyazaki's film? I didn't know it was based on a book...

Well, its sort of based on the book, in a Names Only kind of way... Howl and Sophie are just like they are in the book, the rest of the characters are all over the place, some are missing, some have a different gender... It's all very odd.

The plot is far from the book, apart from the core Sophie trying to get young again plotline. If yo enjoyed the film I reccomend reading the book and the rest of the books that go with it.

Spin State by Chris Moriarty, a book well recommended to all friends of intelligent science fiction.

Read it and you´ll look at the PowerMiners line with completely new eyes too. :thumbup:

BTW, for the sake of Eurobricks intellectual reputation, I guess, could somebody please just pin that topic?! :tongue:

O.o Books!

I'm currently reading Transformation Soup by SARK. SARK is incredible for a little inspiration. I usually read several books at a time, but thats the one I'm making the most progress on. Also reading Running with Scissors by Augusten Burroughs and Yesterday, I cried by Ilanya Vanzant.

Re-Reading Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

After Reading Beedle the Bard I wanted to go back and refresh my memory.

I'm now about halfway through Deathly Hallows.......

I was trying to read Brave New World and Edgar Allan Poe, but I find myself being drawn more towards Necromonicon by HP Lovecraft. 900 odd pages of surreal short stories, so illustriously written :wub:.

He writes in a style not too dissimilar to my own, plus a lot of his stories genuinely make you think. That's what I like to read.

Fractured, by Karin Slaughter.

I haven't read in years, but when I read about this book, I thought "I háve to read that one :oh: "

So, here goes :P

Large amounts of graphic novel and The Number of the Beast by Heinlein. (I really want to make a MOC of Gay Deceiver from the picture on the cover :wub: )

The Shadow of the Hegemon, Orson Scott Card

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (in Swedish) together with my daughter

I am reading too much to list at the moment. Plus on the weekend I am going to used book paradise, so my "to read" list is set to grow...

I will be getting more Discworld and lots of anything else that takes my fancy.

Not by Fire, But by Ice by Felix . It is about the falsification of global warming which is caused by Volcanism and not humans.

1984 - Any americans and brits will like this one.

Civil Disobediance - This so far is joke. the guy is just lazy.