I was literally just googling to see if anyone did this yet, thanks! looks awesome!

Can't wait to try the new tyres on my 9398 & 8110 too!

(If you have it), Can you show me your 8110 Unimog with the 42054 tyres too please? ;-)

I don't have 8110. I have all the necessary parts (Rebrickable told me so :) ), but I won't be building it now.

I was literally just googling to see if anyone did this yet, thanks! looks awesome!

Same here was thinking about googling to see if someone had done this and now wallet lighter and bricklink has been hit hard!

I had aftermarket tyres on my 9398 anyway but the rubber was poor and marking the floor/walls.... for outdoors still ok though

Edited by Rockbrick

Silvio, have you seen my posts about the image size? Your images are too big. Please correct them to a more suitable size (800 or 1024 pixels wide).

I tried the new CLAAS tires on the 41999 today and it looks awesome! Sorry if it's a bit off-topic since it's not about the 9398 but I wanted to share these pictures:

28925522131_e1aa37f4c6_b.jpg

28969326336_dea33affec_b.jpg

28925490671_0cb607b724_b.jpg

28969259736_12704ca566_b.jpg

29001698645_bf9117f3f3_b.jpg

29001736855_65eb473d05_b.jpg

Can't wait to try the new tyres on my 9398 & 8110 too!

(If you have it), Can you show me your 8110 Unimog with the 42054 tyres too please? ;-)

Here you go .

th_image.jpeg

th_image_1.jpeg

th_image_2.jpeg

I tried the new CLAAS tires on the 41999 today and it looks awesome! Sorry if it's a bit off-topic since it's not about the 9398 but I wanted to share these pictures:

Not off-topic at all! It's the same set... :wink:

Those rims are much better looking than just black ones!

I like this game of pinning the Claas tires on other vehicles, can I join with these:

2rhbcb7.jpg

23kp20p.jpg

(an unfinished MOD of the Unimog and my finished MOD of the 42030)

Not off-topic at all! It's the same set... :wink:

Those rims are much better looking than just black ones!

Yes indeed! The white prints make a big difference.

I like this game of pinning the Claas tires on other vehicles, can I join with these:

(an unfinished MOD of the Unimog and my finished MOD of the 42030)

Are those aftermarket rims? Is that the mod?

Are those aftermarket rims? Is that the mod?

Standard rims, but custom wheel covers designed by efferman. More info about them can be found in this topic. The mods are more extensive on both models:

42030: effemans wheel covers, effermans steering mod, new rear bumper/light units by my own design and some body tweaks.

8110: widened cabin and bed, extra pneumatic connections, modified light units with LEDs and plans for tilting bed.

Hey Cumulonimbus, that Unimog looks amazing with those tires, i wish i had the Xerion tires, also, these tires fit in planetary rims too, right? (the rims made with 2 turntables, like the ones of Efferman)

Hey Cumulonimbus, that Unimog looks amazing with those tires, i wish i had the Xerion tires, also, these tires fit in planetary rims too, right? (the rims made with 2 turntables, like the ones of Efferman)

Thanks, I only borrowed the tires from the Xerion for the photos, I don't intend to keep them on my Unimog or Volvo since I rather like those sets with the tires they came with.

I don't have any experience with those planetary rims, so I can't tell if these tires will fit them.

9398 and 41999 are the best sets lego ever did, the 9398 has a stack of alternate models and has all the pf parts for making almost any type of vehicle.

Those wheels look cool and that makes me sad because the rock crawlers are no longer in production and lego have a need to bore everyone to death with the new stuff, what kind of kid wants a bucket wheel excavator building set????

9398 and 41999 are the best sets lego ever did...what kind of kid wants a bucket wheel excavator building set????

I agree on the 9398 and 41999 theme, need to buy both. Well, I only see the BWE as a parts pack, and the box can be used as storage for your wheels and tires/tyres

I got the new tyres and it looks marvellous - nice to be 100% lego again - the RC 1.9" ones I had before had better grip as they were softer but they were wearing out too fast

These tyres fit so well on 9398, 41999 and of course on 42030.

I hope these tyres will get cheaper on bricklink (about 8-10€ at the moment).

I hope these tyres will get cheaper on bricklink (about 8-10€ at the moment).

I would not wait to long for that to happen...after LEGO stops with the Claas the prices will go sky high!!! :sceptic: Okay, that will be a couple of years from now... :laugh::thumbup: ...let's not think of that yet... :wink:

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

I would not wait to long for that to happen...after LEGO stops with the Claas the prices will go sky high!!! :sceptic: Okay, that will be a couple of years from now... :laugh::thumbup: ...let's not think of that yet... :wink:

I like thinking that lego will develop others models with tyres. It will decrease these tyres price.

I like thinking that lego will develop others models with tyres. It will decrease these tyres price.
I wouldn't be so sure. *Looks at tires from 42000*

On 8/15/2016 at 1:27 PM, Cumulonimbus said:

23kp20p.jpg

Can you share more pictures of your 42030 with Claas tires? I'm actually thinking about doing this mod :)

On 28-1-2017 at 11:05 PM, evortigosa said:

Can you share more pictures of your 42030 with Claas tires? I'm actually thinking about doing this mod :)

Sorry, I can't make new pictures at the moment.  I'm in the middle of preparations to move, so I have limited access to my sets and parts.

I can point you in the right direction though: The steering mod has been devised and explained by efferman, so if you look around on this forum you'll find all the info you need. The Claas tires simply slot in without the need for modifications and the wheel covers (effermans work again) have been described on this forum as well. Good luck!