Sariel

[VIDEO REVIEW] 42055B- Mobile Aggregate Processing Plant

Well, someone had to answer to the fundamental question: "How well does a $280 Lego set separate peanuts from walnuts?".

And that concludes the 2016 flagship. To me, it is a truth universally acknowledged that, a set with huge part count and massive size, must be in want of playability and proper functionality.

Thanks for the review, it's a shame that it doesn't quite mesh with the A-model but the mods needed to do so don't seem difficult.

I understand the use of a (smooth) panel in the chute, but it looks like the 3x11 panel in the 5-wide chute leads to most of the gaps that small pieces get stuck on. There are a lot of 13/15-length beams left, maybe it would have been better to use these in the chute instead.

Looks like a fun build. I without the color vomit it would be significantly more boring, I think.

Nice review Sariel. I wonder if this could work with long blue pins and regular black pins, or long connectors vs short connectors. Could save some sorting time

Nice review Sariel. I wonder if this could work with long blue pins and regular black pins, or long connectors vs short connectors. Could save some sorting time

Sadly no, the model can only separate 1 stud wide bricks from +2 wide bricks, but actually that would be an amazing mod.

Nice review.

I think that truck can get under only one of these conveyor belts is significant drawback for playability. Something TLG should have addressed during design process. It seems to me that some of the 2016 H2 sets were released in bit unfinished state and customers are used for beta-testing.

Edited by J_C

Another excellent review. Thank you very much for all your hard work Sariel.

Seeing this really makes me want to buy another 42055 so I can display the A & B models together.

Thanks for the review and putting in the chapters.

I guess it needs a conveyor belt wagon MOC to go in between the A and B models in order to span the height difference between the output and input. They should follow the GBC input/output standards. :classic:

Maybe some dynamite can make it more exiting?

Maybe lego had a board meeting decided they wanted to make stuff nobody wanted to buy, time for new management, hire madoca fire the suits.

it is a truth universally acknowledged that, a set with huge part count and massive size, must be in want of playability and proper functionality.

way to go in raising the bar for literature around here :laugh::thumbup:

Thanks Sariel - i'm obviously going to have to build both, so I can use the BWE to pick up a mixed bowl of nuts and feed them to the separator to isolate just the ones I want. Now, how to make it take out the brown m&m's for Van Halen.... :tongue: